HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:28 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnm738 View Post
just on the rear bead lock wheel, before i had issues with the tyre coming off. i then put in some drops on CA tire glue and now there is no slippage of the tires. just 2 or 3 drops. you dont want to glue the whole tire other wise it would be a pain to remove.
If it is working for you fine but sometimes the tyre starts to balloon due to the centrifugal effect and with having a few points held with CA it can cause the wheel to bounce due to high /low spots
Slippage can be cause by a bit of oil or similar perhaps hard to see but cleaning with suiyable solvent before final assembly can help
As the saying goes " If it anit broken dont fix it ".so if the CA has done the trick all sorted
Cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:52 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Front brake details

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnm738 View Post
this is looking from the bottom up
Have just picked this up in the forum and your front brake set up is interesting .
I grafted a front brake from the Venom VMX 450 onto the Anderson M5 cross where with the Venom being 1/4 and M5 1/5 the actual disc is big so works well
Interest is your set up appears to have the servo situated right on the wheel compared to having a cable pull set up to a servo mounted somewhere on the main frame where the cable can sometimes fail
Details or a link to the actual set up would be appriciated .
Also am I correct that with the Y cable set up both front and back brakes have the same braking effect
I have a 3ch set up where the 3rd channel is mixable so % between front and back is adjustable .
Cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:25 AM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
I am selling my bike to finace another project.Sorry to see it go,but i want another heli right now.Lots of upgrades

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post24430096
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:09 PM
Joined Nov 2010
147 Posts
Hey guys! I bought my DXR500 used and I quite like it, but my body is trashed! I wish duratrax went with a lexan shell on this as the hard plastic is so brittle.. Pretty much all of my screw holes that attach the 2 halves of the bodywork together are cracked/stripped. The new pieces are so expensive! Has anyone done any repair mods or have any suggestions to keep it together and/or make it more durable?
norco kid is offline Find More Posts by norco kid
Old Mar 17, 2013, 02:14 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Yes i have several times and GOOP works really good.It is flexible and strong.Try it,you might like it.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/1003721...1v&R=100372166
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Mar 17, 2013, 04:54 PM
Joined Nov 2010
147 Posts
Cool.. I just went to town on this bike with epoxy. Looks kinda ugly but hopefully it holds together... Too bad the body is just so horribly expensive..
norco kid is offline Find More Posts by norco kid
Old Jun 28, 2013, 05:59 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,396 Posts
Subscribe. It would be very nice to get a "class" of these as beginners in "racing" these 1/5 bikes. I drove Lito's and I was impressed indeed.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jun 28, 2013, 06:24 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,396 Posts
I'm looking for a USED DXR 500 if anyone has one setting around.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 06:33 PM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,284 Posts
I have brand new bikes for sale at used prices.
RTR NIB $285 shipped, green, blue or yellow.
I have another new blue one I can pull the radio out and save you a few bucks $245 shipped.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1891107
microDan is offline Find More Posts by microDan
Old Jun 28, 2013, 06:59 PM
less can be more
Joined Sep 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
...I drove Lito's and I was impressed indeed.
Its gyro's stability input works against extreme lean angles needed for high speed cornering on a track, but it shines at slower speeds on tight course. Otherwise, as an all-around fun bike it gets 10 out of 10 from me. A stock DXR racing class would certainly work, though.
Swarf is offline Find More Posts by Swarf
Last edited by Swarf; Jun 28, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 07:06 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,396 Posts
I think this bike would do great on 1/10 scale tracks???? I have not raced on 1/10 scale tracks with my SB-5. Too "narrow" to gain speed. B U T these bikes seem to be super stable at slower speeds (like bendy 1/10 scale tracks). Thoughts?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:31 PM
RC keeps me sane
Joined Sep 2005
1,284 Posts
Quote:
I think this bike would do great on 1/10 scale tracks???? I have not raced on 1/10 scale tracks with my SB-5. Too "narrow" to gain speed. B U T these bikes seem to be super stable at slower speeds (like bendy 1/10 scale tracks). Thoughts?
I have the lightened gyro in mine and it handles slow or fast turns with ease.
It's the best of both worlds, lighter, handles great, more speed and I can make full throttle way down low turns. The gyro keeps it from crashing when you would normally crash a non gyro bike from the small pebbles or debris in parking lots and such. And durability is second to none IMO, it's everything I would want in a bike you can run on most open tarmac surfaces.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:47 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,396 Posts
Even with us racers....I think this kind of "stock class " would be great " box stock. (Other than tires) Then drivers would need talent rather than tech to get by the other.

No front brakes
Same pinion gears
Same leaning angles (or agreed on angle)
Rubber tires allowed
No lexan bodies.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:43 PM
less can be more
Joined Sep 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Even with us racers....I think this kind of "stock class " would be great " box stock. (Other than tires) Then drivers would need talent rather than tech to get by the other.....
Fwiw... The DXR works very well in RTR mode, even the tires, so maybe it should remain 'as boxed' when raced. Allowing any mods at all would corrupt the 'stock' or 'one design' concept. That way, winning would depend entirely on how the TX is handled.
Swarf is offline Find More Posts by Swarf
Old Jun 30, 2013, 01:12 PM
RC keeps me sane
Joined Sep 2005
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarf View Post
Fwiw... The DXR works very well in RTR mode, even the tires, so maybe it should remain 'as boxed' when raced. Allowing any mods at all would corrupt the 'stock' or 'one design' concept. That way, winning would depend entirely on how the TX is handled.
I would agree, as the bike box stock is pretty good.
The only thing in my opinion for 2 stock classes would be batteries.
Lipo box stock & NiCd box stock. Then it's all about the driver.