HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:22 PM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Feb 2010
833 Posts
my fastest delivery from h/king

i placed an order about 8pm 8/7/12 and i received the checker robot notice before 8am 8/8/12 (a first) and a shipped (left the w/house)early 8/9/12. it did not leave kong customs until 11:45 pm on 8/11/12 and arrived nyc at 9:40 am 8/12/12.
this was sent registered mail (200g or less) for $4.99. (a first)
i usually ship ems and i have shipped dhl, almost $10 more than ems and it took 2 1/2 days for it to get to nyc after leaving kong customs. i called dhl thinking it was going to be a direct flight to the west coast, no it was the standard milk run to the other coast, for half as much again as ems.(it seems they all go the long way to the usa so they can spread, i mean deliver all the way across europe) herman munster talked me into going registered mail and it got here every bit as quick as ems and quicker than dhl's chump service.
all that being said, it'll prabobly take 3 weeks to go from nyc customs to hotter than hades right now california on usps's slow boat to anywhere. actually usps does ok on time to me (not handling) unless they end up stopping sat service.
i'm usually pissed off after waiting for a h/king order but this was so different...
to the op, for absolutely the fastest shipping in the usa there is headsup rc and rcplanebuilder, florida and utah, respectfully. for cheap parts and h/king type customer service (although i've had good luck with them) there is hobbypartz/nitroplanes/xheli and their car/truck site chinese owned/amercan managed cluster fu n in l.a. and a whole slew of good online shops but, none ship as fast as headsuprc.com and rcplanebuilder.com, both with consistantly fast shipping and outstanding customer relations. i realized while typing that it's been over a year, you may have found a place by now.

michael clyde
mchldpy is offline Find More Posts by mchldpy
Last edited by mchldpy; Aug 13, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:50 AM
astral
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
I am another unhappy customer with HK hongkong, still in 'discussions' re where the F_ck are my missing parts? Will never use HK again.
astraltao is offline Find More Posts by astraltao
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:16 PM
astral
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Good news, after much to and fro they finally gave me credit for the missing items.
astraltao is offline Find More Posts by astraltao