SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
I'm having a difficult time with Hobbyking in Hong Kong. I placed an order 1.5 months ago, they collected my $350 still no parts. The website won't allow me to delete two minor parts on back order that cost a total of six dollars. Hobbyking doesn't answer their phone line, their live chat apparently doesn't work and I'm sitting here frustrated because I can't get my parts. If I ever get my parts it will be the last time I deal with Hobbyking regardless of location.
jetster882002 is offline Find More Posts by jetster882002
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:24 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-grad, Sofia
Joined Jan 2012
50 Posts
had the same problem with the backorder part, try to open a livechat ... if it doesnt work, try again until you succeed ... a little stubbornness will do the trick

have 4 orders with them so far, first two were sent within 10 days of payment ... the third one was sent just 2 days after payment, but so far the tracking number doesnt work and HK say that HongKong post lost it and are currently investigating it. Chatted with Ricky on livechat today, he told me that they will refund or re-send the parcel again once HongKong post finish their investigation. Do you think that is true and they are really investigating anything at all, or are they just pulling my leg ?

Sad part is that my first two orders were sent using the cheapest shipping available, and arrived within 14 days ... i sent this 3rd one with Air Parcel, thinking i will receive it faster and today its the 15-th day since it was shipped

Last order i currently have is with a Turnigy 9x ... got my hands on one (been waiting for 3 months), paid it yesterday and its in the warehouse printing queue ... hopefully i'll get it within the middle of April ... my entire project is waiting on these parts and i'm starting to loose interest in this hobby ... too much waiting
spalxy is offline Find More Posts by spalxy
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Don't lose interest in the hobby, just stop using HK and other Chinese companies. Buy local, even if it cost a few dollars more it's still cheaper than dealing with the headaches of dealing with over seas companies.
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
I currently have an order going with HobbyKing. It took 8 days before the shipment was marked as "accepted" by Hong Kong post. Another 4 days later and the package is being processed... still in Hong Kong after nearly 12 days.

Sigh... it's frustrating when you are mid-build waiting on parts. I've pretty much exhausted everything I can get done without the parts in transit.

On the other hand, I have had GREAT success ordering from HeadsUpRC.com and HobbyPartz.com. Does anyone know where HobbyPartz is located?
Skadar is offline Find More Posts by Skadar
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:12 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-grad, Sofia
Joined Jan 2012
50 Posts
Just a fast follow up on my previous post.

Without any notice, the tracking number on my third order (ordered on March 05 and according to HK, shipped on March 07) started working on March 23. Currently my order is in transit and i'm waiting for it to arrive (hopefully). So ... March 05 to 23 ... 18 days ... hopefully it will arrive within a week or two, so 20 to 30 days total ... and i paid extra for Air Parcel as this was crucial for my build and i wanted it sooner so that i can start working on it ...

Local shops have almost everything i need at twice the price ... have already ordered some small parts locally, dont have the nerves to wait on shipping anymore.
spalxy is offline Find More Posts by spalxy
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:36 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
We don't have many local hobby shops in my area, but there are a few. I firmly believe that I would rather pay a little higher price with them and be able to get my stuff and get home to build.

I just can't put up with someone taking my money, and once they get it, get treated the way HK and BH treats people. Sure there are some people that praise the service they get from them, but it's hard to believe.

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:19 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
I agree that Hobby King can be a real pain in the butt. What I do at my shop ( I am a LHS) for my customers that use HK is I'll order twenty or thirty of the popular less expensive items (like DSM2 Receivers and Sattelites, XT-60 Connectors, HXT 5g and 9g servos) and just mark them up for resale. Most guys have no problem paying 10.99 for a 6chOrange Rx or 4.79 for a HXT micro servo if they don't have to bother with the long lead times and shipping from China.
My cost on these items is low enough so that if somebody gets a bad one, I'll simply give them another. Everybody wins that way.
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Aug 2011
131 Posts
These are the reasons I always will use PayPal to pay for orders from companies like hobbyking. If I never get my stuff simply file a dispute.
sporez is offline Find More Posts by sporez
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:32 AM
3D-wanna-B
Lynchburg, VA
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countilaw View Post
Don't lose interest in the hobby, just stop using HK and other Chinese companies. Buy local, even if it cost a few dollars more it's still cheaper than dealing with the headaches of dealing with over seas companies.
+1 buy domestic (even if the products are made overseas). Like many of you, the closest LHS to me is an hour away and sometimes its not worth a 2 hour drive to get a few new props. There are MANY great online vendors that are US owned and operated that I've had great luck with (and they continue to get my business). Actually placed two orders tonight for over $300 in gear from 2 US hobby companies --- one large, and one a single location, small shop (but with trusted and personal customer service).

Good luck.
theK2 is offline Find More Posts by theK2
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:59 PM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theK2 View Post
+1 buy domestic (even if the products are made overseas). Like many of you, the closest LHS to me is an hour away and sometimes its not worth a 2 hour drive to get a few new props. There are MANY great online vendors that are US owned and operated that I've had great luck with (and they continue to get my business). Actually placed two orders tonight for over $300 in gear from 2 US hobby companies --- one large, and one a single location, small shop (but with trusted and personal customer service).

Good luck.
I'm lucky my local hobby store is only 10-15 minutes away.
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
90 Posts
I am starting to wonder if my order will ever ship. I placed the order on 7/24 nothing is back ordered but its still listed as reserved.
DIYJIM is offline Find More Posts by DIYJIM
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:29 AM
Mach 1
walterboro s.c.u.s.a
Joined Jun 2004
778 Posts
I only deal with local shops.

The End......
pathfinder is online now Find More Posts by pathfinder
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:12 PM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
After 2 months finally my order has been shipped today
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:11 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,461 Posts
I have bought many items from Hobbyking, and inter'l is slow. Price for Turnigy batteries is great but again you wait. All their Helis are now inter'l. Xheli has many out of stock but prices are good for what they have. Plus shipping is ok and fairly quick. Most local Hobby shops are a joke. Bang good is good and Ali-express if you like mico helis but Slooooooow. Suport from vendors is terrible to say the least. You need to shop wisely and prepare for what you may need later. It is a pain but we buy because they offer best deals going. Examlpe. I fly mico helis and even smallest batteries are $7.00-$15.00 stateside. Hobby king $1.37-3.00 same type with better ma. cap. Plus they are at minium as good and generally better. My last order saved me over $100.00 for batteries, so I'll live with sub stardard customer replies.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:42 AM
3D-wanna-B
Lynchburg, VA
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I fly mico helis and even smallest batteries are $7.00-$15.00 stateside. Hobby king $1.37-3.00 same type with better ma. cap. Plus they are at minium as good and generally better. My last order saved me over $100.00 for batteries, so I'll live with sub stardard customer replies.
Sure hope you have a job that is not in jeopardy of being shipped overseas because consumers (like you) don't want to pay for the product/service your company provides (which pays your salary).

Its not always about saving money - its about supporting the United States economy; a concept not many Americans understand. We want more *things* and as long as we can accrue more s***, we're happy. Its a messed up ideology for sure.
theK2 is offline Find More Posts by theK2