SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 11, 2011, 03:09 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,313 Posts
I am also going to lodge a complain with

http://hongkong.usconsulate.gov/acs_consumer.html

I have already emailed HK about my action. Now they say they will refund the money.
mrexcel is offline Find More Posts by mrexcel
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2011, 03:12 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,313 Posts
https://www2.consumer.org.hk/ccweb/c...laint?openform
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
Oakland, CA
Joined Jun 2009
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart70 View Post

Some of their practices are also ethically questionable - like the picture of "Ricky" on their online support when the picture is clearly not the person at the other end. No biggie - but sort of misleading and leads one to question how far they would go to mislead people.

Bart70
Bart70,

You're a funny guy and thanks for making me laugh . You do have a point though.
issr7 is offline Find More Posts by issr7
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:01 PM
Australia, New South Wales
Joined Feb 2011
206 Posts
Still waiting.....

A parcel that I ordered from another company in Hong Kong was sent 4 days after Hobby King apparently told me they shipped mine and it got here today.

I seriously doubt that Hobby King actually sent my parcel the day they said they did.....

I wont bother lodging a complaint.....If they are true to form with their customer service (and what is considered acceptable in China) they will not take any notice of it, send a patronising email apologising, then make a promise they will do better next time, and simply forget about about it.

Bart70
bart70 is offline Find More Posts by bart70
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:30 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1,313 Posts
For me the trick worked. Today I received my parcel
Old Apr 20, 2011, 05:09 AM
Australia, New South Wales
Joined Feb 2011
206 Posts
Glad it worked out for you....

Still waiting here. I have all the gear and the aircraft ready and waiting parts for the parts so I can continue with the project.

Bart70
bart70 is offline Find More Posts by bart70
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:50 PM
Australia, New South Wales, Terrey Hills
Joined Mar 2011
12 Posts
hobbyking bashing

the racist remark about chinese is a bit embarrassing when the hobbyking owner is an australian . cant see how any storefront would not "bode well" with aussie customers when the entire purpose is to buy instantly the store doesnt do orders or despatch so wheres the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart70 View Post
No, I would like them to be honor the service that they advertise on their website.

Nothing more....Nothing less....

I do shop at my local hobby store - in fact 98% of my business goes to them.

By posting my experience here I am hopefully making others aware that what HK promise on their website is clearly not how they operate - just as I would do for any other hobby shop that offers services that it admits it cannot deliver. If people are still happy to do business that way...then good for them. I know many who wont support these types of sellers.

Some of their practices are also ethically questionable - like the picture of "Ricky" on their online support when the picture is clearly not the person at the other end. No biggie - but sort of misleading and leads one to question how far they would go to mislead people.

As I have said before, this type of marketing and practice might be common in China, but it will not bode well for their new Australian store if this is how they conduct themselves.

Bart70
charlieb_65 is offline Find More Posts by charlieb_65
Old May 04, 2011, 02:37 AM
Sl33py sl33p
United States, FL, Lake Butler
Joined Apr 2011
88 Posts
i would contact them and tell them i want a discount or refund for the long wait
Sl33p3r is offline Find More Posts by Sl33p3r
Old May 09, 2011, 08:46 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrexcel View Post
For me the trick worked. Today I received my parcel

Anything else you want to complain about, since your "trick" worked......bet you really scared them.
I don't think it would have mattered what they did, you still would have complained, as it was pretty obvious that you wanted "instant" gratification. Go to your LHS in that case, and pay some more $$$. What you get back in savings from HK, you need to pay out in some patience.
Xanadu is offline Find More Posts by Xanadu
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:18 AM
Australia, SA, Murray Bridge
Joined Oct 2003
186 Posts
strange i got my stuff from hk to australia in 6 days smooth transaction
daron is offline Find More Posts by daron
Old Jul 17, 2011, 01:21 PM
Joined Jun 2005
25 Posts
Same here!

Placed and order with Hobby King 10 days ago. All items in stock. Still have not shipped. Contacted support and was told that they are busy and will ship as soon as possible. In the remarks it says, " Matter considered closed". I have ordered hundreds in items from HK over the last couple of years. I have even had one order for batteries lost in shipment over a year ago. I have never received any type of refund or compensation. I figured that accidents do happen and to let it go, though I will never purchase a large $ item from them again, because I just can't trust them. I'm not here to argue, just to say, buy from HK at your own risk! Cheap prices aren't always worth it!
rmac714 is offline Find More Posts by rmac714
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:47 PM
matt the cat
strongsville ohio
Joined Oct 2005
669 Posts
As far as batteris go. I live in ohio. and www.hobbypartz.com is bar none! the best and fastest and cheapest and best in performance for li-polies i have ever had. The sky-lipos they sale come with a 40c rating with a 80burst rate have built in heat sycs in they and never puff! I own over 40 of them and they are the best batteries I HAVE EVER HAD ! Even out performing thunder power.They come from cali u.s.a. and are at my doorstep in 3 to 5 days! Oh ya ! also they have free shipping on any order over 25.00$ Just to give you a idea. a 2200 3 cell li-po with a 40c rating and 80c burst gos for 17.00$ Hope this helps guys.
matthew james is offline Find More Posts by matthew james
Old Jul 23, 2011, 07:56 AM
Joined Jan 2011
36 Posts
So its not just me then. I thought i was a target of some sort of racist attack But items that i have PAID for over a month ago are not yet even shipped? Yes i had to wait for a backorder to fill before anything would be shipped and thats fine, but waiting 12 days for someone to fill a parcel with my 6 items frustrates the hell out of me.

I have also been very restrained when contacting their "Support" chat and am very worried with the responses.

I have a slightly different problem though, im in Sweden, and the prices arent just cheap, its hard to find the items that i want here, infact the batteries i have ordered just arent even in this country? so i have no choice, and seeing that HK has a warehouse in Germany all should be good (you know those efficient germans theyre great).

I think the thing that gets me the most is that its my first order with HK, i suppose it will also be my last.

Anyone have any ideas where i can get nano-tech batteries 4S 25-50C 5000mah in europe? not really worried about the price, as the tax i have to pay just ordering from america or asia will be skipped when ordering from say UK.
Keba74 is offline Find More Posts by Keba74
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:11 PM
Halifax NS Canada
Joined Apr 2009
1,486 Posts
Hi Guys

Here I sit two weeks after placing an order with no back ordered item, yet they can not deliver this shipment with in there policy shipping policy (3 to 5 days).

I too am a platinum customer and for most part have taken the odd DOA item on the chin because that's the way it goes and the cost of shipping the item back to China is not worth the price of the replacement part.

I really get pissed off at the lack of customer support. Yes there is customer support if you can find it, but don't bother. They just ignore you.

I'm sorry to say I will think twice about ordering from there again.

Cheers Jerry
eyeinsky1 is offline Find More Posts by eyeinsky1
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:21 AM
United States, IA, Bettendorf
Joined Jan 2012
16 Posts
Wish I would have read this thread before I placed 4 different orders. (3 international and 1 USA)

Oddly, the only item back ordered was a Turnigy 9x radio and I've received 3 emails that they just got stock on it, yet no movement on their web site for days. I understand that this is a high demand item and likely difficult to keep in stock but left doesn't know what the right is doing.

The USA (other threads say Michigan) location items that were listed as 'in stock' have yet to show anything other than reserved status. Frustrating. I could have driven there and picked the stock myself.

They have my funds, and a few hundred dollars later, I'm stuck waiting.

Flustlating!
2004FLHRSI is offline Find More Posts by 2004FLHRSI