Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 04, 2011, 10:41 PM
Platinum Ball3r
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Oct 2009
598 Posts
Discussion
Hobby king shipping times?

How fast is this? Its going to me in Canada.

International (Registered) Air Mail 301-500g  $9.99
custom t is offline Find More Posts by custom t
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2011, 11:04 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,181 Posts
Probably not fast enough...

My last two small orders placed Feb 14th and 21st, both arrived together on APRIL 1st..yup April FOOLS DAY..! And I had to sign for them...which is good..!

That was termed "International Air Mail"...Hong Kong to Canada via ZURICH carrier Swiss Post. W-a-y too long..!

Rumor is that there will be a Canadian Warehouse soon for HK ....maybe it will be in Vancouver..!

Bill
retiredVTT is online now Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Old Apr 04, 2011, 11:24 PM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredVTT View Post
Rumor is that there will be a Canadian Warehouse soon for HK ....maybe it will be in Vancouver..!
If it's like the one they have in Southern California, then don't hold your breath - hardly anything in stock (at least not the stuff I'm looking for)..

It usually takes me about two weeks (sometimes closer to three) to get items from HK.

Vas
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan
Old Apr 04, 2011, 11:47 PM
expert heli pilot wanabee
United States, CA, Los Banos
Joined Jul 2006
2,229 Posts
How bout that came from US warehouse how long does it take? was thinking of getting some lipos from them its either them or hobbypartz with free shipping etc
siryan is offline Find More Posts by siryan
Old Apr 07, 2011, 06:59 PM
Farr West, Utah USA
Joined Dec 2003
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siryan View Post
How bout that came from US warehouse how long does it take? was thinking of getting some lipos from them its either them or hobbypartz with free shipping etc
I got my 2 lipos from the US warehouse in about 3 days. However like VasMan stated the US warehouse has almost nothing in stock. Hopefully they start to stock more items.

I ordered some items from HK China about 3 weeks ago and still haven't received them. I've ordered some items in the past with EMS service and they came within a weeks time. They claim it's "Air Mail" I think the truth is they strap it to Pigeon.
Jet Dreams is offline Find More Posts by Jet Dreams
Old Apr 07, 2011, 07:11 PM
United States, TX
Joined Dec 2002
306 Posts
I placed an order March 28 and paid for Express shipping, they didn't ship it out until April 4, I don't call that 'Express'.
gdenton3 is offline Find More Posts by gdenton3
Old Apr 07, 2011, 07:15 PM
Farr West, Utah USA
Joined Dec 2003
541 Posts
I am going to avoid buying anything else from them unless it comes from the the US warehouse.
Jet Dreams is offline Find More Posts by Jet Dreams
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:32 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,044 Posts
I usually pick that Registered Air Mail option and it takes about three weeks from order to delivery.

About five to seven days in processing, then it gets shipped and it takes another two weeks to reach WI.
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:35 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,435 Posts
I was charged and been waiting over 4 weeks for 4 of these shipping out of the US warehouse...they were out of stock but are supposed to be in stock within 30 days...time is running out on that 30 days.
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:04 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
I am not shocked at all that the USA warehouse is any different the HK's warehouse,always out of stock.I usually won't place an order unless I can get everything I want at the same time. It's their loss if they can not get it together,as I'll end up purchasing somewhere else.

I tend to not use the airmail method as it does take a long time.Buy enough to cover the extra cost of the more expensive method of shipping.
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:52 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoghappy View Post
I was charged and been waiting over 4 weeks for 4 of these shipping out of the US warehouse...they were out of stock but are supposed to be in stock within 30 days...time is running out on that 30 days.
over 5 weeks now and still counting...so the 30 days to get these back in stock is not looking very truthful...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:13 PM
Joined Dec 2010
31 Posts
6 weeks ago today I foolishly placed an order for a glider and a reciever - both out of stock. Still in the "Paid, Processing" mode.
Buckaneer is offline Find More Posts by Buckaneer
Old Apr 26, 2011, 02:11 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,435 Posts
over 6 weeks now and still on back order...
Old Apr 26, 2011, 02:18 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,044 Posts
Just got another order in. Cheapest shipping option used.

Placed 4/15, Received 4/25 (Picked up today cause they left a note in my mailbox yesterday)

Two more on the way, seem to be on the same timeframe as this one.
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:37 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,435 Posts
I fired off a email to HK yesterday...got a canned response today:

"We are sorry for the long waiting time of the backorder item but please understand that we are currently having a high demand for the item and the factory that we are dealing with are trying their best to provide the stocks that we request."

It's 45 days since I paid for my 4 lipo packs and I guess that I'm now past the paypal limit...it would appear the 30 days to get stuff back in stock is a smoke screen...