SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:16 PM
Grosse Pointe, Mi
Joined Jun 2005
1,124 Posts
Discussion
Reversing an A20-20L EVO

I purchased an A20-20L EVO from Hacker Aeromodel at Toledo on Saturday and need to reverse the shaft. First I checked the internet watched a video that shows removal of a circlip. I checked mine over and don't see one.
On the cone end of the motor there are two opposing grub screws. One came out with very little effort and the other didn't really want to move and appears to be rounded (Honestly it was NOT me!). I hit the non moving grub screw with heat from a soldering iron and no change. Then I notice that the gap between the stationary end and the purple body had increased. I found that I was able to pull the fixed end with the windings out of the purple body.
That being done it was easy to push the shaft through and then reinstall the fixed end and windings.

OK I appear to have reversed the motor but now I'm concerned about how easily this thing separates. I can literally pull the purple body and shaft away from the backplate.

In operation are the magnets enough to stop the pull of the prop separating the motor?

Maybe I just have poor tolerances?

If anyone from Hacker is reading this your comments would be much appreciated.

Robert
Rob_P is offline Find More Posts by Rob_P
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:47 PM
Moscow
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
Same thoughts. Too easy to pull out shaft... Why they made that construct decision? Don't know.
planewalker is offline Find More Posts by planewalker
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:02 PM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
On the bottom side the motor shaft should be fixed with an aluminium ring with a grub screw (don't know the english word for it but I'm sure you have one). This ring keeps the shaft from being dragged out. Since the shaft diameter (inner diameter of the ring) is the only important size, I'm sure you will find a matching ring at your local hobby shop.

On the other hand you don't need this ring anymore if you reverse the motor because instead of this ring you will want to mount something like a prop spinner.
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:53 AM
Moscow
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite View Post
On the bottom side the motor shaft should be fixed with an aluminium ring with a grub screw (don't know the english word for it but I'm sure you have one). This ring keeps the shaft from being dragged out. Since the shaft diameter (inner diameter of the ring) is the only important size, I'm sure you will find a matching ring at your local hobby shop.

On the other hand you don't need this ring anymore if you reverse the motor because instead of this ring you will want to mount something like a prop spinner.
Yep, that was mentioned in manual
Btw, has anyone problems with shaft pull out during flight? I had 2 times (and I think that's enough), even when the bolts that hold shaft, are tightened at maximum.
Any suggestions?
planewalker is offline Find More Posts by planewalker