HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2011, 06:08 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Using XBee Explorer USB for FTDI application モU-blox GPSヤ

i want to thanks all of your for you assist with my project specialy Happykiillmore and other people who tried or even helped so today i would like to post my experience with Xbee explorer connected to Ublox GPS for changing config and firmware update.

In case if you forget to order FTDI or you think the IMU board is enough to configure through USB this is good solution to get use of Xbee exporer USB to connect the GPS to FTDI for configuration .

here step by step how I wire my explorer to U-blox GPS

1- Use male pin to solder the 4 holes in the Ublox GPS as it showing in this picture

2-

Use 4 jumper wire

make it similar to this [IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/OGBMlmuY2HoUzhVuuv*RA0SIcK1pdR1ORDXUygDPem0kAeuB1f cAOrGzgRxjqfgxFMkLfSYfkXp8UqY1jlMbmRC8Vg6eVx1B/IMG_4715.JPG?width=500[/IMG]

"posted by Chris Anderson"

you can use any method you like to connect.

3-below Ublox Adapter you will (GND,+,IN and Out) connect all these to Xbee explorer as show in this picture

GND from GPS connected to GND in the Xbee explorer
+ connected to 3.3V in the explorer
IN connected to DIN in the expolorer
out connected to Dout in the explorer

4-connect it to USB cable and you are DONE , you might see The RX LED blinking which mean it working fine

if you have any inquire feel free to ask. you can also try it and documented it the way that you want .
alz3abi is offline Find More Posts by alz3abi
to remove ads between posts