HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2012, 11:13 PM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Joined Sep 2003
530 Posts
Fiery if it does not work let me know and I will talk to Aurora guys and see what help can be had
mchandrayan is offline Find More Posts by mchandrayan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 02:48 AM
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Joined Mar 2008
579 Posts
Pete Rose no longer has stock - PM sent!
fiery is offline Find More Posts by fiery
Old May 08, 2012, 05:34 AM
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Apr 2007
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchandrayan View Post
Fiery if it does not work let me know and I will talk to Aurora guys and see what help can be had
Hi mchandrayan, did anyone ever buy the Mills production business from Aurora? It was up for sale last year.
DeeBee1 is offline Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Old May 08, 2012, 07:34 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,572 Posts
Fortunately there are still some MP Jet .040 PB engines are are available from the dealers to buy. it only gives up something like .005 of displacement in comparison to the Mills .75cc engine. So all is not lost. The MP Jet .040's I ran all ran quite well too.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old May 08, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,143 Posts
For new Mills 'replicas', CS are the only current suppliers (they call them Navos). I have a couple and they are very nice engines:

http://www.csmodelengine.com/

For used Mills, try the UK eBay site - there's a few originals and reproductions on there, or try Bampro (see post #74).

As earlwb says, MP Jet .040 PB engines are still being produced, also very nice little engines:

http://www.mpjet.com/market/index.ph...oducts_id=1218

Flitehook sell them in in the UK:

http://www.flitehook.net/
Old May 08, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Sep 2003
530 Posts
Fiery will enquire with them to see if they can help will also check with him and may be PM u his email ID so that you can interact directly:
DeeBee
no there have been no buyers yet for the Mills rights and toolings. You planning to acquire and set up production?
Old May 08, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,143 Posts
Quote:
You planning to acquire and set up production?
Ha ha...no, maybe years ago I would have considered it, but I doubt there is much of a business to be had these days. CS have the right idea, CNC production with consistent quailty. The engines I had from Aurora ran really well, but I expect the tooling may be getting a little old now!

If I was CS, I'd buy the production rights from Aurora and start marketing the engines as Mills again .
Old May 08, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Mar 2008
579 Posts
CS "Mills"

There is a limited offer of a "free" R/C Carb" for you CS "Mills", presumably if you order between 25th May 2012 and 5th June 2012. It appears to apply to past customers as well.

http://www.csmodelengines.com
Old May 09, 2012, 12:13 AM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
If you are looking for a used 75, try hard to find a Doonside. Not many of them around, but worth every nickel they want for them. My widow will sell mine!
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old May 11, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Mar 2008
579 Posts
Mills .75 parts

Mills tank bowls are stocked (at the time of this message) by Bamopro UK. I think they are replica's. One is on the way to me.

I also believe Model Engine Spares UK (Hayley and Lionel Kirby) stock replica Mills tank bowls and parts, although my email to them has not been replied to.

So, if you need a tank or other parts for your Mills, help is out there.

I am also going to check with Mr Rishi Kumar, to see if Aurora still have parts.
Old May 11, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery View Post
I am also going to check with Mr Rishi Kumar, to see if Aurora still have parts.
Fiery, please bear in mind that the Aurora engines were basically Mills 'replicas' so Aurora tanks might not fit the original English Mills engine tank holder. The same may appy to CS, Irvine and all the other copies. Be sure to check before you order.

For those interested in this sort of thing, the original Mills .75 engine tank clipped into the holder, the Aurora tank holder has soft metal tabs that bend to hold the tank in place, and the Irvine and CS tanks both screw in to the holder. I don't have any information about the Doonside Mills tank. The actual tanks may be very similar - it might just be the tank holders that differ.
Last edited by DeeBee1; May 11, 2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Updated with tank information.
Old May 11, 2012, 05:25 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery View Post
Mills tank bowls are stocked (at the time of this message) by Bamopro UK. I think they are replica's. One is on the way to me.

I also believe Model Engine Spares UK (Hayley and Lionel Kirby) stock replica Mills tank bowls and parts, although my email to them has not been replied to.

So, if you need a tank or other parts for your Mills, help is out there.

Rishi should be able to help. He was able and good enough to send me a tank bowl for one of his 1.3s, and spare crank "just in case".
gossie is online now Find More Posts by gossie
Old May 12, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Sep 2003
530 Posts
Technically the Aurora Mills are original (but India made) Mills and not replicas as Aurora's acquired the IP to manufacture them legally. All other Mills are what we could term as replica or pirated version :-)
Old May 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Technically the Aurora Mills are original (but India made) Mills and not replicas as Aurora's acquired the IP to manufacture them legally. All other Mills are what we could term as replica or pirated version :-)
Yes, that's a good argument and I see what you mean, although there can only be one 'original' of anything (the English Mills being the original). Maybe the word 'genuine' would be a better choice.

What I was trying to explain (but not very well) was that the manufacturing process is not exactly the same between the English Mills and the Indian Aurora Mills. For example, the crankcase is made differently, some parts use different metals (e.g. the Aurora connecting rod is softer) and some parts are just different (e.g. the tank holder).

So technically, there are genuine English Mills and genuine Indian Aurora Mills, but they are actually different engines and one shoudn't assume that the parts are interchangeable.

By the way, I think Irvine Mills started as engines produced by Aurora and distributed by Irvine, then they were produced by Irvine under licence from Aurora, so they could also be considered 'genuine' Mills engines.
Last edited by DeeBee1; May 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Added Irvine information.
Old May 13, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Sep 2003
530 Posts
Yes i think the Irvine Mills would qualify as licencd versions and not copies/pirated ones