SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2011, 04:52 AM
Joined Jun 2008
254 Posts
Discussion
new dle 30cc dry carb problem.. pls help )

dear all dle users out there

hello. i know some of you guys must be thinking i should have done some more research online and should have looked posts at rcu and flying giants. well i did some of them.

i have a brand new dle 30 engine..side carb version. just plugged it into my edge 540 firewall,. fuel pipes are correctly fitted into the fuel tank i checked it by sucking the fuel from fuel inlet pipe. before fitting the engine i also rotated the carb 180 degrees as throttle servo was at the bottom as i needed the control horn at the bottom of firewall for servo rod to reach it.

ONLY PROBLEM NOW is that carb is not sucking in fuel. i did exactly what teh manual book says, adjusting high and low needles , and choke ON and gave it flips for 5-10 minutes at full throttle then also at idle throttle. i gave it reverse twist aswell but not a single fuel drop. then i came accross some online posts which said about soaking carb properly from inside.

i opened cover with 1 big screw and rewetted the carb with fuel. i unscrewed the other cover with 4 small screws and washed the diaphrame properly. i also washed inside of the engine ( piston area) while the side carb was open/dettached.
so i observed that when i blow air from the fuel nozzle with the 1screw cover open and 4srew cover closed the air flows through the fuel feed nozzle. but when i do vice versa, air just barely flow from 4 screw cover side. so i came accross one more thread which said blowing air/fuel manually wont work unless you blow 10lbs of pressure which is impossible. and the carb pump works with the revolution/cycle of engine which creates suction from carb. so tonite when i go home from office.
my latest attempt to open the carb will be to blow fuel into the carb while the prop is rotated by hand so it gives little push fuel at the time of rotation. i hope it will work because now entire carb from both walls is soaked.
i think may be some small tiny holes inside the carb are jammed some how... still have to find that out....

would love if any one could really understand it and would advice me ?

thankyouuu
mahmoodmusaddi is offline Find More Posts by mahmoodmusaddi
Last edited by mahmoodmusaddi; Apr 04, 2011 at 04:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts