Old Apr 04, 2011, 01:51 AM
Gear Up And Locked
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2011
41 Posts
Discussion
r2 Hobbies

Hello Electric Sailplane Group,

I'm interested in purchasing an electric glider from r2 hobbies. I wanted to check in with the group for feed back on this company. I've heard some war stories about some of these overseas companies and their product quality and customer service.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wicker_Bill
wicker_Bill is offline Find More Posts by wicker_Bill
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2011, 03:10 AM
I scratchbuilt my SUPRA
Switzerland, AG, Lenzburg
Joined Jan 2006
1,873 Posts
R2 hobbies is in general a great company to deal with, quick communication and great prices they are very responsible and their products are good quality for the price. The finishing is good and the materials as well but remember that you get for what you pay.

Just my two cents

EZ
Edwinzea is online now Find More Posts by Edwinzea
Old Apr 04, 2011, 03:21 AM
Gear Up And Locked
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2011
41 Posts
Thanks EZ for the reply. I did a search in some other forums and nothing negative came up. I will go ahead and order.

Thanks,

Wicker Bill
wicker_Bill is offline Find More Posts by wicker_Bill
Old Apr 04, 2011, 11:42 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
6,925 Posts
A few years back I received a v-tail gliders for Christmas. The motor.mount broke free and the motor (brushed 550) broke the fuse in several places. R2 made good on the deal and I still fly that plane regularly. Do not trust the hot glue they use on the motor mounts, all else has been good for me.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:10 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,645 Posts
I havent flown any of R2's electric gliders but have been flying their Speedo slope soarer. They are very good to deal with and ship items quickly & safely. If you create a login you can get an extra 10% off the website price.

Like any of the other cheap planes on the market, the R2 models will most likely need some mods and extra reinforcement added. There is plenty of information available if you do a search.
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:42 PM
Qatar, Ad Dawhah, Doha
Joined Sep 2004
26 Posts
I have been trying to buy a glider from these guys but some reason they just cancelled my orders, been trying with several credit cards, but no dice , been writing them but they only say they will check , thats it no more return email..
Enrique25 is offline Find More Posts by Enrique25
Old Oct 03, 2011, 01:19 AM
Joined Sep 2007
174 Posts
Hi there,

I bought four electric gliders from them I'm very pleased with their service and product so far. One of my v-tail blue wing came with a bit bended cf tail boom(which epoxy with fuselage), I took some photos and emailed them, after ard two weeks they've replaced the new one w/o extra charge. I know some of you might think two weeks is too long but late better than nothing I guess . Not to forget their 50% off X'mas sell lol hopefully they are doing it again this year .
@ Enrigue, I'm sry to hear your story with R2. Never in my life asian(maily china/hk base) online store have rejected my order but U.S companies. Btw I'm from Sinagpore.

Regards,
Edwin.k
edwin3162 is offline Find More Posts by edwin3162