HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:41 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Build Log
Starmax 63" P-51 "Gunfighter": The Exhaust Stacks.

I had some "piddle time" so I thought I would copy Kevin Greene's mod on the exhaust stacks. I used my Dremel with a coned shaped disc to cut out the holes in the stacks. I cut a hole thru to the engine compartment, and then took the Dremel with a rounded head cone attachment and cut a channel down to the last stack.

I painted the opening and channel with flat black to fill in the back drop. The inside of the stacks were painted MM Steel to give some contrast.

I found out, using a my own version wind tunnel which comprised of a cigarette and some compressed air, that when air pasted by the exhaust tips it actually sucked the air out of the motor compartment. With these exhausts at the top of the motor compartment, keeping the heat away from the lower vent ducting should work great!
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sandancer; Sep 09, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts