HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Gear Swinger, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:32 PM
Now Compressing Air
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jan 2010
449 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Wheel Pant Repair

I wanted to share a quick and easy way to repair wheel pants that are cracked or busted up. This process is simple and yields good results. The photos are of a fiberglass pant off of my PA Katana MD. The other option is just to order some new ones (some bling CF ones) or learn to land better.

I used Medium CA and strips or squares of paper towel to complete the repair. You could use fiberglass and resin if you wanted to, but I find that this works pretty good. First cut your paper towel to the size needed to cover the affected area. Once placed inside the wheel pant, apply the CA and use accelerator as needed. I use a tool to hold the paper towel in position while the glue sets up. You can also use CA or epoxy to build up an area that has missing material. Check the repair for strength, sand, prime and paint.

GS
Gear Swinger is offline Find More Posts by Gear Swinger
to remove ads between posts