HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2011, 03:54 AM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
New Product
Plug and play Miniaviation 190mha 25c Platinum Edition Battery.Post your results here

Wow! Check this one cell Lipo out

'Kyosho Minium / E Fligh' MCX style 190mha 25c Platinum Edition Battery

25c Platinum Edition Battery

Our new range of Miniaviation 25C batteries deliver a big boost in performance over the standard 110mah – 150mah ParkZone & Eflite batteries making them a great upgrade for your aircraft.

As well as the extra capacity, these cells are capable of 25c discharge which translates into a higher voltage under load than most cells available for these models, which gives more lively performance. Give them a try, we're sure you'll agree they are the best plug and play battery you've put in your micro plane.

Suitable for use with:
•Parkzone’s Ember, Cub, Mustang, Vapor, Sukhoi, Trojan, Corsair
•E-flite’s Micro,
http://www.miniaviation.com/KM_190P.html
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Last edited by richos; Oct 30, 2011 at 05:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:17 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
This is great new miniavation is 10 minutes from me thanks for posting
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Apr 04, 2011, 10:55 AM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
Well iv just ordered some to try out iv got a extra on the way in the post

Wish i was 10 minutes away from Miniavation wouid save on post and packageing also hope thay fit my MSR
Old Apr 06, 2011, 05:17 PM
United Kingdom, England, Poole
Joined Nov 2010
27 Posts
I've just got some myself, and they do fit easily into the MSR. I used the spacer that came with an EFlite 150 mAh battery (1 cm wide) to get the correct CG.

The best part is... just over 10 minutes of flight time before low voltage cutout! I think in future I will try to land after about 8 minutes to be safe.
SoaringOstrich is offline Find More Posts by SoaringOstrich
Old Apr 06, 2011, 10:54 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
how you getting on with yours richo?
Old Apr 07, 2011, 06:43 AM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
Miniaviation 190mha 25c on digital scales.

My 190mha lipos have terned up so i put them on my scales .
Looking at them i was a bit disappointed thay look much bigger than the original old Miniaviation 180mha 15c so i thort that the 190mha would weigh mutch more!

I then wondered if thay would fit my little old MCX . Yes as you can see thay fit no probs

Time to weigh them now... thay weigh the same as the old Miniaviation 180mha 15c5g , can this be true i had to get my 10g calibration weight to check my digital scales.

Yep the are Miniaviation 190mha 25c Platinum Edition Batterys are 5g

Hang on! The Hyperion G3 CX 25C 160mAh is 4.8g thats only 0.2g less than the Miniaviation 190mha but you get 30mAh more with the same
25c punch

Looks like we have a new kid on the block with this 190mha 25c Lipo
Last edited by richos; Apr 07, 2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 07:00 AM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
how you getting on with yours richo?
KRIS to be honest iv had no time to try them out yet ! Work gets in the way of micro flying . But tomorrow im going to the sports hall to give them a try out in my extra i got for my birthday will see how thay perform compaired to my stock E-flite 150mah 12c lipos.

Everyone seems to be going on about the HYPERION G3 CX 180MAH LiPO 25C SINGLE CELL LIPO but the weight is 5.65g compaired to 5.00g of the Miniaviation 190mha 25c and you get an extra 10mah to .

And you dont have to gouge out a hole in the belly of you PZ Mustang, Sukhoi, Trojan , to make it fit like i had to do with my little old Mk 1 Sukhoi .

Roll on the release date of the PZ Corsair this looks the Lipo made for it .

HYPERION G3 CX 180MAH LiPO 25C Dimensions mm ( L x W X H ): 32.3 x 20.2 x 5.2 Weight: 5.65g

Miniaviation 190mha 25c Platinum Edition Battery Dimensions mm ( L x W X H ): 42.2 x 11.1 x 6.2 Weight: 5.00g
Last edited by richos; Apr 08, 2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 09:58 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Interested to see how they compare. I love my HYPERION G3 CX 180MAH's in my ultra-micros they really bring these planes to life.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 06:51 AM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringOstrich View Post
I've just got some myself, and they do fit easily into the MSR. I used the spacer that came with an EFlite 150 mAh battery (1 cm wide) to get the correct CG.

The best part is... just over 10 minutes of flight time before low voltage cutout! I think in future I will try to land after about 8 minutes to be safe.
SoaringOstrich iv just got a 13min 40 sec time before low voltage cutout on my little old MCX .
Is that good for a plug and play Lipo? not into Micro choppers much so i will ask the boys over in the Micro chopper forum thread .

Its a beautiful day in the village im looking over cottage roofs and i can see buzzards thurmalling at 500 feet or so over the moors , what a beautiful site buzzards are the Kings of thurmalling .

Ive got my little Kyosho citabria with a PZ vapor brick in her so im going to put her in a box on the back of my bike and see if i can join the buzzards thurmalling its to good a day to take the 4-site to the sports hall and traffics to bad on the main road into town. I HATE STRESS

Im off on me push bike to see if i can make it to where the buzzard saw

And on the way back i have to pass a lovely little pub . It would be rude not to pop in and have a pint or two
Last edited by richos; Apr 09, 2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 04:49 PM
Joined Nov 2010
27 Posts
I'm not really an expert either, since the MSR is my only chopper (unless you count the Silverlit PicooZ 2-channel toy). With the original 120 mAh batteries I used to get about 5 minutes, but they wore out quickly. I decided to get some new lipos when the run-time went down to 30 seconds!

I also had some cheap Overlander brand 150 mAh batteries which were about the same size as the E-Flite 120s. They used to run for seven minutes when new, but only last for four now.

I've also tried the new 190 mAh in my Champ now: 25 minutes to LVC. That was mostly low-throttle cruising, but with a few loops and lots of practice landing approaches thrown in.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 06:50 AM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
(Quote) from SoaringOstrich

I've also tried the new 190 mAh in my Champ now: 25 minutes to LVC. That was mostly low-throttle cruising, but with a few loops and lots of practice landing approaches thrown in.

25 minutes to LVC thats good for a plug and play Lipo in a Champ :eek

Looks like the old Hyperion G3 CX 25C 160mAh that used to be the biggest and powerfull plug and play 25c Lipo has had its day.
Looks like the Miniaviation 190mha 25c Platinum Edition Battery is now the King of the plug and play 25c Lipos
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:56 PM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
Richard Barnett Proprietor of Miniaviation...
(Quote)
Weights for the Platinum range

130mah is 38x12x6.5mm = 3.9 gram

160mah is 45x12x6mm = 4.6 gram

190mah is 45x12x6.8mm = 5.1 gram

Enjoy!

Noticed in a couple of threads people saying that we didn't include the hyperion 160 on the graph. The intellect UM cells i'm 99% sure are the same cells. The discharge curve, the look of them etc are the same.

Discharge curves for 160 190mAh

http://www.miniaviation.com/images/d..._curve_25c.jpg

130mAh

http://www.miniaviation.com/images/d..._curve_130.jpg
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:54 PM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
Swoosh.... swoosh .. tumbleweed !!!!!!

Only three of us have tried out the Miniaviation 190mha 25c Lipo

So thats Me, SoaringOstrich, and KRIS, thats only three of us in the whole world who have tried out the plug and play 190mha 25c Lipos

Well im off to see if i can hover me little old MCX for more than 13min 40 sec before LVC .

SoaringOstrich have you done more than 25 minutes to LVC in your Champ yet ??

Just over 10 minutes of flight time before low voltage cutout on a MSR micro chopper !!!!

Hay why not a E-flite Series Y Harness Adapter on a UMX Beast that would be two x Miniaviation 190mha 25c Lipos at only 10.2g all up Weight..

A stand alone 180mAh Hyperion G3 180mAh 25c 2S (7.4V) is 13.6g Weight..

Or 2 x 160mAh Hyperion G3 25C on a Y Harness Adapter would be 9.6g Weight and you would be 60mha down on power on the Miniaviation 190s

Start posting your results here.. we need to see how these little gems stack up against the other lipos on the market
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:52 PM
Joined Nov 2010
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post
Only three of us have tried out the Miniaviation 190mha 25c Lipo

So thats Me, SoaringOstrich, and KRIS, thats only three of us in the whole world who have tried out the plug and play 190mha 25c Lipos
Probably something to do with the fact that we live in the same country where Miniaviation is based. I'd imagine that shipping a £4 battery across the Atlantic isn't particularly economic for Americans.

I haven't had a chance to fly my Champ again since my last post, because I'm supposed to be writing a PhD thesis at the moment. I wouldn't really want to fly for much longer than 25 minutes at a time anyway, and from now on I will be trying to land well before LVC so that I don't kill the cells like my old E-Flite ones.

As for the MSR, the motors get pretty hot after eight minutes, so it's probably best not to push it much beyond that. With such long flight times, I'm starting to think that buying the 5-pack might have been a bit over the top...
Old Apr 16, 2011, 04:30 AM
UK
Joined Sep 2009
157 Posts
Just a little note.

Our shipping to the USA or anywhere in the world outside Europe is $2.95 USD.

We try to keep our shipping costs as low as we can.
richardbarnett is offline Find More Posts by richardbarnett