HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Rsmith, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:31 PM
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,684 Posts
Don't know, straight line is for sissys If I had to guess though I would say 115 or so.
Alien_Tech is online now Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:02 PM
United States, NY, Schenectady
Joined Sep 2009
235 Posts
Why are you hostile? Do you feel better when you make others feel bad? Just trying to engage in coversation about this hobby.
Buster1000 is offline Find More Posts by Buster1000
Last edited by Buster1000; Aug 06, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
Buster,
The Multiplex plane you inquiring about simply does NOT meet the current guidelines for this racing class.
Please, feel free to put in the necessary time required, and start a new classification for the Multiplex if so desired.
picardn is offline Find More Posts by picardn
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:00 PM
Pile-it
Joined Nov 2007
1,684 Posts
Not being hostile, but I'm not buying your troll. Just because a Dogfighter with an over propped EF-1 power train might do 130, does not equate to anything we are doing in EF-1. Like I said its an apples to oranges comparison. If you want to fly EF-1 fine, if you want to use the Dogfighter for a club racer fine. In fact they make a great club racer, my club races them once a month in fact. But don't come in here asking if we're afraid it will dominate. You are barking up the wrong tree.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:14 PM
Muncie, Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster1000 View Post
Are you concerned that it would dominate this class?
Buster,

I am unsure of what your inquiry is here. The Dogfighter dosen't fit any of the rule requirements of EF-1. Since it doesn't fit the rules, it certainly wouldn't dominate as it can't be raced. A coment like that is really strange to make and will get negative attention.

I welcome the enthusiasm to race and the questions, but the purpose of this class of racing has been missed somehow. Using the Dogfighter in it's stock set-up would be a great club racer, just not an EF-1. If you want to get into EF-1, there are many of us on here including myself that will point you in the right direction.

Archie Adamisin
Muncie, IN
Iceman67 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman67
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:46 PM
Battery Puffer
Orange, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
1,016 Posts
Randy,

Can you add the Dinogy 2600 65C batteries to the list.
Sold at performancerclipos.com
Thank You

Mark
MarkF is offline Find More Posts by MarkF
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:57 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined May 2002
555 Posts
Done

Randy
Rsmith is offline Find More Posts by Rsmith
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Oct 2007
234 Posts
EF-1 Dog..Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman67 View Post
Buster,

I am unsure of what your inquiry is here. The Dogfighter dosen't fit any of the rule requirements of EF-1. Since it doesn't fit the rules, it certainly wouldn't dominate as it can't be raced. A coment like that is really strange to make and will get negative attention.

I welcome the enthusiasm to race and the questions, but the purpose of this class of racing has been missed somehow. Using the Dogfighter in it's stock set-up would be a great club racer, just not an EF-1. If you want to get into EF-1, there are many of us on here including myself that will point you in the right direction.

Archie Adamisin
Muncie, IN
I own a couple of Multiplex Dogfighters...great flying foam planes..mine will speed to about 130 MPH. I hope to own a real EF-I Racer some day. I follow this blog and understand the engineering inside these planes. Even with the added carbon rod additions to the Dog frames to help control flex and impact issues..its not the same type of plane. Apples and prunes I say.
mr.sand is offline Find More Posts by mr.sand
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:01 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined May 2002
555 Posts
Updated the approved list today for the Miss Dara ARF kit by Nitroplanes

Randy
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:25 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,460 Posts
Has anybody noticed this?

Great Planes Proud Bird EF1

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNCPFP&P=G
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:58 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined May 2002
555 Posts
Available in late November (estimated)

I will update this list when it is officially available for order.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Randy
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:22 AM
Branford, Florida
Joined Jun 2010
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
Has anybody noticed this?

Great Planes Proud Bird EF1

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNCPFP&P=G
Had no idea that was in the works. Really came in under the radar. One thing, it does NOT seem to be an approved airframe??? Any word on whether or not it is NMPRA legal?
ACKopter is offline Find More Posts by ACKopter
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:11 AM
Pile-it
Joined Nov 2007
1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKopter View Post
Had no idea that was in the works. Really came in under the radar. One thing, it does NOT seem to be an approved airframe??? Any word on whether or not it is NMPRA legal?
Not approved? Jimmy has been racing it all over the country including the NATS, pretty sure it's approved along with several others you haven't seen yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:26 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined May 2002
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKopter View Post
Any word on whether or not it is NMPRA legal?
Yes, it is legal. Jim went through the approvals process with Jerry Small. As Red stated, Jim has been racing it in E-F1 competitions for the last year or two.

George Parks has also been racing the red and black one.

Randy
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:28 PM
Branford, Florida
Joined Jun 2010
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech View Post
Not approved? Jimmy has been racing it all over the country including the NATS, pretty sure it's approved along with several others you haven't seen yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmith View Post
Yes, it is legal. Jim went through the approvals process with Jerry Small. As Red stated, Jim has been racing it in E-F1 competitions for the last year or two.

George Parks has also been racing the red and black one.

Randy
Outstanding, maybe it should get added to the approved list on page 1 of this thread
ACKopter is offline Find More Posts by ACKopter