PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,835 Posts
Discussion
Hacker X-7 Pro ESC Question

Do any of you speak Hacker X Pro?

The power system is a brand new Hacker X-7 Pro ESC, new Hacker A10-9L, and 2S LiPo packs.

When I first powered up the system I forgot to reverse the throttle channel so I unintentionally powered up at full throttle. The motor didn't start but the ESC apparently went into programming mode before I figured out what was going on. Unfortunately I didn't pay any attention to the beeps so I have no idea what (if anything) I changed when I finally pushed the stick to the top and the ESC armed. Of course I fixed the throttle problem and the power system seems to work normally, but I can't help but think that I did some "throttle-stick programming" during that initial power-up.

When I plug in a battery now (throttle off) the plane makes one low-pitched beep followed by one high-pitched beep and that's it. Can anyone tell me what this means? What kind of beeps do they make when you power 'em up in the default "LiPo-Autodetect" mode with two cells?

Thanks!

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2011, 09:24 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,348 Posts
Here you go, how to program the esc via the stick method vs the controller.

http://www.rctoys.com/pdf/Hacker-X-P...structions.pdf

p.s. My opinion, but I don't use auto detect. Plug in a not fully charged pack and you can trick the esc into thinking it's a different cell count.
Messes with the low voltage cut off feature, and can kill your pack.
Glacier Girl is online now Find More Posts by Glacier Girl