Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:43 AM
Bulgaria, Burgas, Pomorie
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
Hi,

today I start the modification to my Genesis. I manage to remove everything from the boat including the stock tube too, without braking anything.

I have problem to remove the bushing from the strut. Can anyone help me with advice how to do it? I don't know is that bushing glued or something?!?
I tried to push it out, but with no success.

Cheers.
Taki_bg is offline Find More Posts by Taki_bg
Last edited by Taki_bg; Jun 07, 2011 at 03:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2011, 03:14 PM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
Hellow Taki, try putting something inside touching the bushing and tap the something till the bushing falls out,,like remove the strut, set it on something so just the bushing is clear, stick a peice of tube down in till it touches the bushing and try taping it till it falls out...i have not done this but i have a Genesis and would think that would work plus make sure your pushing it out the back side...
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY
Old Jun 07, 2011, 03:39 PM
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
I did it. I put a metal bolt inside the strut. First I try to tap that bolt by hand, but nothing happen. Then I grab the best tool ever - the mighty hammer. After 6-7 hammering I have managed to remove the two bushings. Yes inside the strut there was 2 little bushings.

What is the easiest way to bend the bras tube?
Cheers.
Last edited by Taki_bg; Jun 07, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 11:54 AM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
Taki i do mine by hand,, just alittle here then i move up alittle, do some more then move up again till you get what you want,, just dont kink it..
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:05 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
2,969 Posts
I always put the teflon liner & flex shaft in the tube first, and then, think like Uri Geller while slowly bending the tube the way HYDROJERRY described it in the previous post.
Paul.
785boats is online now Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:59 PM
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
Thank you guys for the advice.

Here are some pictures of progress on my Genesis modification.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 02:41 PM
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
Guys I have a question. Where did you install this Thrust Bearing?

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=oct-oc6tb

Cheers.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 03:45 AM
Australia, VIC, Blackburn North
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
The thrust bearing is placed in between the flex cable collet & motor before you slide the collet on to the motor shaft.

Taki, make sure you lay extra fibreglass or carbon fibre all around your motor mount plates.

I can see the small strips of glass that are a very weak point. That's how my motor mount ripped off the hull.

Plus, the battery mounts are not that strong as mine pulled off the bottom when I rolled it.

Also the ESC mount can also pull off. You should check these things & glass them in before use.

I am not using the battery mounts as I'll be using velcro directly to the bottom of the hull once I lay more carbon & kevlar in there. I have also replaced the ESC mount with a piece of carbon plate.

Did you buy the Speedmaster bushing to go in your strut?

I see you have brass tube sticking out of the strut. That's not supposed to.
mozzyrocks is offline Find More Posts by mozzyrocks
Old Jun 09, 2011, 05:19 AM
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzyrocks View Post
The thrust bearing is placed in between the flex cable collet & motor before you slide the collet on to the motor shaft.

Taki, make sure you lay extra fibreglass or carbon fibre all around your motor mount plates.

I can see the small strips of glass that are a very weak point. That's how my motor mount ripped off the hull.

Plus, the battery mounts are not that strong as mine pulled off the bottom when I rolled it.

Also the ESC mount can also pull off. You should check these things & glass them in before use.

I am not using the battery mounts as I'll be using velcro directly to the bottom of the hull once I lay more carbon & kevlar in there. I have also replaced the ESC mount with a piece of carbon plate.

Did you buy the Speedmaster bushing to go in your strut?

I see you have brass tube sticking out of the strut. That's not supposed to.
Hi Mozzy,

yes this will be my next step. I'll reinforce the bottom of the hull with fiberglass clothe. I'm planing to remove the battery mount too and to use velcro. What you see sticking from the strut is the speedmaster bushing that you suggested me to buy from OSE. I tried to stick the bushing completely to the strut, but I can't - it's too big.

Cheers.
Last edited by Taki_bg; Jun 09, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 09:47 AM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Nice one.

Yep, understand now. Get on to it!!! ;-)
Old Jun 09, 2011, 02:31 PM
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
Mozzy,

this is the speedmaster bushing that I bought from OSE:

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...s-spds-014-bsf

Please take a look on the pictures and say if this is OK ( the bushing is sticking from the strut) or it mus be pushed completely to the strut?

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:00 AM
BRAZIL
Joined Jul 2010
77 Posts
Hello i need help what is the lengt in centimeters off this flex cable?
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...=ose-cable-ul1
i can't use in the genesis for change the stock 4mm drive system for one 5mm drive system?
what more i need to make this conversion?
Thanks.
Sorry my bad english.
Criss.
Crissbrasil is offline Find More Posts by Crissbrasil
Last edited by Crissbrasil; Jun 10, 2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:45 AM
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissbrasil View Post
Hello i need help what is the lengt in centimeters off this flex cable?
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...=ose-cable-ul1
i can't use in the genesis for change the stock 4mm drive system for one 5mm drive system?
what more i need to make this conversion?
Thanks.
Sorry my bad english.
Criss.

Hi Criss,

I think the flex cable + the prop shaft is approximately 34.7 cm. long.
For upgrading the drive hardware on the Genesis you can see what eventually you'll need on page #3 post #40 and post #41.

Cheers.
Last edited by Taki_bg; Jun 12, 2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Taki, that's the correct one. The end with the holes should slide up the brass tube & meet the teflon liner.

Criss, if you buy the version that isn't assembled, you should get enough flex cable to have a replacement if you manage to break the first one.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 03:51 AM
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzyrocks View Post
Taki, that's the correct one. The end with the holes should slide up the brass tube & meet the teflon liner.

Criss, if you buy the version that isn't assembled, you should get enough flex cable to have a replacement if you manage to break the first one.

Hi Mozzy,

I mean the other side of the bushing and the strut. That side where is the prop. As you can see on the picture the bushing is not completely inside the strut, is that OK or not?

Cheers.