HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:14 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
That is what I figure as well. I'm sure one could tweak the steady mode down so it would be ok in high winds but not worth it. I am only flying in high winds because it's new and I want to fly and tweak it. I only plan on using it on calm days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntfreaks View Post
yeah stable mode + wind = not so good.... in wind you need it in acro mode to counter the wind when it starts to drift.... on a clam day its nice to see it sit there hands off in stable mode... and nice for AP as well...
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:15 AM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
wow gusting to 40 guess can't complain about the 29 we've had. But more rain and sleet coming for next week. At least not a ton of snow again. LOL
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:21 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
Umm can't find it but this will do. The el-cheapo way.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSC4p...eature=related
Thanks, seadog. Found even more on youtube and learned something again.
I didn't bother too much about that so far as my APC props always work well out of the box. But I will definitely check all of them from now on.

M.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:27 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Glad to have helped. We all helping each other here is what's going to make this more fun and get our quads to work better. I just did 8 props and 5 needed just a little tape. Will be interesting to see the difference.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 03:10 PM
Cherry Hill, NJ
Joined May 2005
631 Posts
3 bladed props

I run 3 bladed props... and wouldnt even think of flying them without them being balanced

hauntfreaks is offline Find More Posts by hauntfreaks
Old Apr 03, 2011, 04:37 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Updating directions for initial setup and flying of Witespy Quad

Updating directions for initial setup and flying of Witespy Quad. more to come.
Last edited by Tony97; Apr 04, 2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 04:51 PM
United States, AZ, Goodyear
Joined Mar 2011
59 Posts
Ok, got my Quad yesterday and I have not gotten any further than unboxing it but had to do what I love, photograph it.

More to come probably tomorrow.
earlmact is offline Find More Posts by earlmact
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:01 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
@earlmact : That's one wicked product photo! Are you doing that professionally?
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:02 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
another joins our ranks. Welcome to the Witespy Quad ummm Clan!!
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:06 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlmact View Post
Ok, got my Quad yesterday and I have not gotten any further than unboxing it but had to do what I love, photograph it.

Nice!!!
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:10 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Quote:

Sent you PM
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:36 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:

Another CS5 user. Should be seeing some great photo's later.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 06:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Another CS5 user. Should be seeing some great photo's later.
How to you know its CS5? (Which it is) Having a little trouble keeping the foregound white without losing the plexiglass reflection. Its white on a calibrated monitor but turns to a light grey on the internet, will have to work on that a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
@earlmact : That's one wicked product photo! Are you doing that professionally?
Well.....depends on what you mean by Professional. Quality wise yes but making enough to live off it would be a no.

I'm hoping there might be some interest from some people (Tom and Paul) to exchange photos for products. If end users are interested in photos of their quads I would have to work out a reasonable amount.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 06:15 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
When looking at your photo I knew it wasn't a point and shoot photographer. LOL Your photo holds the info of what of what program processed it CS5 on a Mac. Usually too the camera info settings etc. will be in the file but the way you processed it stripped it. I had a studio for awhile. Making a living at it is not easy. Retired now and just shoot for myself with an occasional paid job depending on my mood. Did you try shadow highlights to adjust? That is a tough shot to get right.

Quote:
How to you know its CS5? (Which it is) Having a little trouble keeping the foregound white without losing the plexiglass reflection. Its white on a calibrated monitor but turns to a light grey on the internet, will have to work on that a little.

Well.....depends on what you mean by Professional. Quality wise yes but making enough to live off it would be a no.

I'm hoping there might be some interest from some people (Tom and Paul) to exchange photos for products. If end users are interested in photos of their quads I would have to work out a reasonable amount.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 06:21 PM
Joined Mar 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
When looking at your photo I knew it wasn't a point and shoot photographer. LOL Your photo holds the info of what of what program processed it CS5 on a Mac. Usually too the camera info settings etc. will be in the file but the way you processed it stripped it. I had a studio for awhile. Making a living at it is not easy. Retired now and just shoot for myself with an occasional paid job depending on my mood. Did you try shadow highlights to adjust? That is a tough shot to get right.
Thats cheating checking the MetaData!! I shoot in Raw and adjusted Shadow, black and even did a curves adjustment. I'm gonna have to paint white or dodge the foreground to get it right. Can't afford to get a product table and get it right in camera in the first place.