HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:17 AM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
General, I'm wondering if you overtightened the prop down and deformed the prop center. Maybe this is what caused the stress fractures on your prop? Are you using the flexible gem fans? I've bent a few on crashes, and they show stress marks, but never any cracks....

kyle925, lipos don't work as well in cold weather. Try warming them up inside your jacket, next to your body, before using them. Also I've read about people insulating them, but haven't tried that yet. Also, apparently its not good to charge them while they're cold, so keep that in mind as well.
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:48 AM
WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA
Joined Apr 2009
71 Posts
New Flip Awesome

My Flip quad is so fun to fly...Paul makes an awesome quad and it performs as advertised,,,led lights easy to see and really fast..first quad and dont know why i didnt get one before now..cant wait to get more stick time !!!!
srowe is offline Find More Posts by srowe
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:14 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srowe View Post
My Flip quad is so fun to fly...Paul makes an awesome quad and it performs as advertised,,,led lights easy to see and really fast..first quad and dont know why i didnt get one before now..cant wait to get more stick time !!!!
Great to hear and welcome to the WiteSpy Family!!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:56 AM
Joined Jan 2007
136 Posts
So I have a Flip and have flown it before, but I think I inadvertently changed something in my DX8 and now it won't arm. I have my travel set accordingly on each channel, but the one thing I'm curious about is that Paul says to set throttle trim to -50%.. How do I do this? I'm probably overlooking something simple.
PeterGriffin is offline Find More Posts by PeterGriffin
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
General, I'm wondering if you overtightened the prop down and deformed the prop center. Maybe this is what caused the stress fractures on your prop? Are you using the flexible gem fans? I've bent a few on crashes, and they show stress marks, but never any cracks....

kyle925, lipos don't work as well in cold weather. Try warming them up inside your jacket, next to your body, before using them. Also I've read about people insulating them, but haven't tried that yet. Also, apparently its not good to charge them while they're cold, so keep that in mind as well.
dartmouth, prop centers are fine, these are cracks in the trailing edge on just one prop. If I hadn't landed, I am sure it would have blown apart mid-air, causing a crash. Yes, I am using the nylon Gem fan props, cheap, disposable, good to learn with. I am guessing just a bad prop, no others show this problem. I bought 16, broke one, then this vibration came up. Like I said, I landed to check things out, found washers loose, but nuts on. And I found this almost exploded prop.
General660 is offline Find More Posts by General660
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:17 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by General660 View Post
dartmouth, prop centers are fine, these are cracks in the trailing edge on just one prop. If I hadn't landed, I am sure it would have blown apart mid-air, causing a crash. Yes, I am using the nylon Gem fan props, cheap, disposable, good to learn with. I am guessing just a bad prop, no others show this problem. I bought 16, broke one, then this vibration came up. Like I said, I landed to check things out, found washers loose, but nuts on. And I found this almost exploded prop.
If you said loose nutů.I think you were referring to me Happy Flying!!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:41 PM
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Dec 2012
20 Posts
Key Chain

Key Chain cam on a quad (3 min 16 sec)

My first attempt with a key chain cam. Mounted it on a piece of steel between the battery and the frame. Looks like it needs to be secured better a lot of vibration?
RocketIII is offline Find More Posts by RocketIII
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:43 PM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Actually you should try to put some foam or gel between the camera and the steel. I used some foam from a sponge, but some people buy special gel inserts.
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:45 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2012
277 Posts
It's back

Just had to remind you again just how cool the FPV frame looks

Witespy HT-FPV Frame Quad (0 min 44 sec)

Cheers

J
thegeek is offline Find More Posts by thegeek
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:07 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek View Post
Just had to remind you again just how cool the FPV frame looks

http://youtu.be/qtN1bNBvM6o

Cheers

J
Nice! You are sure flying in some close quarters!!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:14 PM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Just received my "The Flip" from Paul...... WOW

New to Quads... Do I just bind to my DX8 ??

Thanks
conundrum is offline Find More Posts by conundrum
Last edited by conundrum; Feb 07, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:31 PM
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Dec 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
Actually you should try to put some foam or gel between the camera and the steel. I used some foam from a sponge, but some people buy special gel inserts.
gel from a shoe insert?
RocketIII is offline Find More Posts by RocketIII
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:00 PM
A Snickering Hound
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
moon gel is/was pretty popular. not sure if anything better has become available lately.
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:08 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
Just received my "The Flip" from Paul...... WOW

New to Quads... Do I just bind to my DX8 ??

Thanks
Welcome to the WiteSpy Family!!! Study the flight controller you ordered and do all your setup with NO PROP on!!

Which quad and what controller did you get?

Have FUN!!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:54 PM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Quote:
Which quad and what controller did you get?
Thank you.. Can't wait to maiden but Blizzard here NYC.

The Sport one,not the FPV with MEGA 2.O controller.
Not sure if I just make new model and bind to that??

Thanks
conundrum is offline Find More Posts by conundrum
Last edited by conundrum; Feb 07, 2013 at 08:00 PM.