Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
kenhiraihnl:
Bra whatz up?
Better check the surf.
Or maybe you can go find me some Opihi to ship this way!
I will even settle for some frozen Tako, that you caught!
Oh wait, Go diving and get me a couple lobsters!
PLZ?
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:48 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by General660 View Post
I just bought the Flip version of this quad. Does anyone know the AIW weight on it? I am ordering a lipo charger and batteries from HK, how much battery can I put on this?
I am totally new to RC, but want to get into this big time. I have been studying and researching for 3 weeks now. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Just by looking at the size I would say a 2200mah 3S battery will give you about 8 to 10 mins if you are using some 1200 kv motors.
I would put 1400's on it!
But I have 8 of them waiting on a new frame design.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post

I'll send u my addy in a PM! Just in case ya wanna help a brother out! jk

Cheers,
~griz
hahah I'm a nice guy but... not that nice

The order I placed had a ton of items but it wasn't that costly so no big deal. However I also just ordered a Naza, a GPS upgrade for Naza, 3s 3300mah battery, 4s 3300 mah battery, and an open pilot board.

I'm just about to finish building my first witespy quad, the HT-FPV. Just waiting on the Naza and GPS which should be here in a few hours then all I should need are the props from Paul which sould be here soon and I'll be ready for my first witespy maiden.

I also have an HT-450 frame on the way with T-motors and rapid esc's.
I also literally just got a VC-450 frame with SICK military paintjob, you've probably seen it online. So that should be on it's way today.

So all in all I got an HT-FPV to finish, a HT-450 to complete once it gets here and a new VC-450 on the way. I have a lot on my plate but I CANT WAIT!!!!! AHHH
TimeTrave1er is offline Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Last edited by TimeTrave1er; Nov 28, 2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
Can you say Addicted?
Yes you are!
LOLLOLOLOLOL!
I am laughing because everyone that comes to my house says that about me!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Nov 2012
62 Posts
I just looked up the specs on it. Hacker style 20-50S 1050kva motors, 16 amp ESC's, 8x 4.5 props. I still cant find anyone with the weight on this quad yet. I discovered ecalc, to calculate different components, flight times, all that.
I ordered the Turnigy Nano 2200mah 3s batteries, two of them, and the Turnigy charger from HK USA. Everything should arrive in the next two weeks, then I learn setup, and finally begin to fly.
General660 is online now Find More Posts by General660
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:52 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by General660 View Post
I just bought the Flip version of this quad. Does anyone know the AIW weight on it? I am ordering a lipo charger and batteries from HK, how much battery can I put on this?
I am totally new to RC, but want to get into this big time. I have been studying and researching for 3 weeks now. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I fly mine with 3 cell 1800 mAh and 4 cell 1300 mAh and I really like both.
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:06 AM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Can you say Addicted?
Yes you are!
LOLLOLOLOLOL!
LOL well crap at this rate I'm going to be addicted for life. I'll never go to rcRehab!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:36 PM
Ireland, County Cork, Cork
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAD4EVER View Post
Witespy or Hoverthings is the only place that I am aware of. The frame is proprietary to Hoverthings. And Witespy is a partner to Hoverthings. And, there are no other partners.
Thanks for these details, I try to get parts from Paul but I don't get answers. So I can't fly and I'm in Europe so I can't order without him sending me quote
AlecSkid is offline Find More Posts by AlecSkid
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:44 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Just tested "The Flip" flight controller on a small quad, first impression is good. I love that it's a 36 x 36 mm board, that needs to be the new standard size. Much easier to work with on all multis, especially small ones like my Crab25. I'll take it to an indoor rc event soon and push it as hard as I can, I'm sure the board will work really well there too. I'll definitely order more of these, they're a steal at just 19 bucks a piece.

WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Hell, add me too!
I hope you got a 2 way radio! looks like the perfect idea.
I am going to put a dragonlink or something like that so the 915mhz one looks good!
Thanks for the heads up on the "dragonlink" Doc!
I had never heard of them until your mention. I will definitely look into that when I get in the right spot with the funds!
I'm aiming for a sweet fpv long range setup for my quad when the funds are right.
Any further assistance/suggestions from "anyone" (whenever it comes to mind) would be greatly appreciated!
If you don't remember my setup, I'm currently using a
HT-450 with a NAZA controller & GPS
Devo 12s with a RX1202

Cheers, ya buzzards!
~griz
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Can you say Addicted?
Yes you are!
LOLLOLOLOLOL!
HaHa...I took over the bottom shelf of our curio cabinet to "display" (keep clean) my Heli's! plus I confiscated a glass bookcase for some other smaller quads! LOL, All I need now is a big display box for my HT! Use it or (and still) lose it!! Yeah dog!
This ain't all of em, mind you! Got them tucked around all over! HaHa
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Just tested "The Flip" flight controller on a small quad, first impression is good. I love that it's a 36 x 36 mm board, that needs to be the new standard size. Much easier to work with on all multis, especially small ones like my Crab25. I'll take it to an indoor rc event soon and push it as hard as I can, I'm sure the board will work really well there too. I'll definitely order more of these, they're a steal at just 19 bucks a piece.

Nice frame. Is it durable? Where can you buy this frame?
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RC911; Nov 29, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:13 PM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
it's been raining here so i put my fall witespy videos together: enjoy =)
witespy sep-nov 2012 (5 min 36 sec)
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
HaHa...I took over the bottom shelf of our curio cabinet to "display" (keep clean) my Heli's! plus I confiscated a glass bookcase for some other smaller quads! LOL, All I need now is a big display box for my HT! Use it or (and still) lose it!! Yeah dog!
This ain't all of em, mind you! Got them tucked around all over! HaHa
Hey at least you have it all cased up and on display. My stuffs on a table still being worked on but one day I'll have the display going...if I ever put any of this stuff down.

^^ Nice compilation ro.bi ^^
Last edited by TimeTrave1er; Nov 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Compliment ro.bi
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
Hey at least you have it all cased up and on display. My stuffs on a table still being worked on but one day I'll have the display going...if I ever put any of this stuff down.

^^ Nice compilation ro.bi ^^
That stuff is in cases because of opportunity and they haven't really been messed with since my new found flight buddy came aboard. Thanks Witespy!
I'm grateful that I can put them up and keep clean & still be able to look at them. My home (probably like others) is a huge dust magnet which is not too kind to intricate items.
I still have my HT out and lately been thinking of a way of covering it with maybe it's own handmade cover. I was thinking of taking material like what's used to make backpacks and having a slipcover made to fit over it. Just something I've mulled over every now & then.
Who knows maybe something like that already exist, I haven't done any snooping around yet.