Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Sorry not my video, but I do know who made it.
Just never met the guy.
I guess that explains the different user name!
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:59 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
I know tom has someone is Canada, that keeps a frame in stock or two. but not parts...I think...

The Quadrino GPS is in my hands now if anyone with a Quadrino, would like to add GPS .

I will try to shoot a video of the LEDs, they are very cool. They indicate how many satellites you have.

That would be me that carries the frames and quadrino in Canada. Also some spare parts.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:14 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,269 Posts
yeap . flitelab.
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
I just got my CF props in the mail and on my quad! Thank you tremendously Paul for getting them rushed out! Gives me an excellent chance to test them out today plus their is NO WIND!! Go figure, the last three days have been pretty tornatic around here!

Update:
The quad flew great, the props worked out wonderfully! I am so impressed with the Witespy!!
I had a blast today but boy it sure is cold outside!! I would really like to thank Paul for the Witespy because I've always wanted to be able to fly and this quad has done just that! This craft has taken this noobie/rookie and really given me an opportunity to do what I've always longed to do and that's a good feeling!
I truly appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into the research and development of this quad so thank you very much!
Keep em hovering!

Cheers,
~griz
Last edited by grizzledcamudgen; Nov 24, 2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Update
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:31 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
I just got my CF props in the mail and on my quad! Thank you tremendously Paul for getting them rushed out! Gives me an excellent chance to test them out today plus their is NO WIND!! Go figure, the last three days have been pretty tornatic around here!

Update:
The quad flew great, the props worked out wonderfully! I am so impressed with the Witespy!!
I had a blast today but boy it sure is cold outside!! I would really like to thank Paul for the Witespy because I've always wanted to be able to fly and this quad has done just that! This craft has taken this noobie/rookie and really given me an opportunity to do what I've always longed to do and that's a good feeling!
I truly appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into the research and development of this quad so thank you very much!
Keep em hovering!

Cheers,
~griz

+100000 You captured this so nicely!!! So great to hear that you are having so much fun!!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Have to agree with you, Grizz. My Quadrino HT-450 is amazingly stable, and handles great! I'll tell you what though, the thing can really move out on you if you aren't careful lol. I also must say, it's pretty darn durable! I've had a couple pretty hard crashes, and all I've broken have been a couple landing gear legs. Paul is great, and so are his quads!
Nitrojunkee is offline Find More Posts by Nitrojunkee
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
+100000 You captured this so nicely!!! So great to hear that you are having so much fun!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrojunkee View Post
Have to agree with you, Grizz. My Quadrino HT-450 is amazingly stable, and handles great! I'll tell you what though, the thing can really move out on you if you aren't careful lol. I also must say, it's pretty darn durable! I've had a couple pretty hard crashes, and all I've broken have been a couple landing gear legs. Paul is great, and so are his quads!
Well, thanks Alan!
I truly am having tons of fun with it, I own quite a few different RC items but since I purchased my Witespy I have yet to do anything with them. When I get time for my hobbies I always go for the Witespy! It's so versatile, I mean...I love RC's, I love to fly and photo/videography is a passion so this covers a lot of ground with me. Now if I just had a money tree I would be set!!

@Nitrojunkee
Well said, well put!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:00 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
Well, thanks Alan!
I truly am having tons of fun with it, I own quite a few different RC items but since I purchased my Witespy I have yet to do anything with them. When I get time for my hobbies I always go for the Witespy! It's so versatile, I mean...I love RC's, I love to fly and photo/videography is a passion so this covers a lot of ground with me. Now if I just had a money tree I would be set!!

@Nitrojunkee
Well said, well put!
I get a little pissed thinking of all the money I spent over the years.
What is funny I, had the chance to fly the Gaui 330 when it was reviewed in RC Heli Mag many years ago.
I was so jerk I told the guys to stick it back in the car!
I was there to help him with his helicopter!
What a jerk I was that day!
So now I am trying to catch up to where I think I should be.
I nver had such a hard time taking one of the helicopters out to fly!
I haven't flown my favorite 90 size bird since March!
Have fun guys and enjoy.
Wish all of you happy flying and keep it simple and don't add to many options at one time.
Learn each one, and then move on!
That is the best way to do it.

Also all you guys in the Portland / Vancouver area.
Let's try and get together in the next month or so!
I thinking of have a Multi-rotor and FPV day!
This way we can all help each other move forward, while also protecting this awesome hobby!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:25 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
I get a little pissed thinking of all the money I spent over the years.
What is funny I, had the chance to fly the Gaui 330 when it was reviewed in RC Heli Mag many years ago.
I was so jerk I told the guys to stick it back in the car!
I was there to help him with his helicopter!
What a jerk I was that day!
So now I am trying to catch up to where I think I should be.
I nver had such a hard time taking one of the helicopters out to fly!
I haven't flown my favorite 90 size bird since March!
Have fun guys and enjoy.
Wish all of you happy flying and keep it simple and don't add to many options at one time.
Learn each one, and then move on!
That is the best way to do it.

Also all you guys in the Portland / Vancouver area.
Let's try and get together in the next month or so!
I thinking of have a Multi-rotor and FPV day!
This way we can all help each other move forward, while also protecting this awesome hobby!
DoctorAudio, you are always so helpful to others!! Your actions really help define this hobby!! I wished I liked closer so we could fly together.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:53 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
471 Posts
I just ordered 30+ things from Witespy's website. Mostly sets of props, practically every prop listed on the site along with a bunch of other things. I'm sure Paul will do a good job getting this stuff to me based off what I've read about his work.
TimeTrave1er is online now Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:08 AM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
I just ordered 30+ things from Witespy's website. Mostly sets of props, practically every prop listed on the site along with a bunch of other things. I'm sure Paul will do a good job getting this stuff to me based off what I've read about his work.

I'll send u my addy in a PM! Just in case ya wanna help a brother out! jk

Cheers,
~griz
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:15 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,391 Posts
Hell, add me too!
I hope you got a 2 way radio! looks like the perfect idea.
I am going to put a dragonlink or something like that so the 915mhz one looks good!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:50 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
Well......I hit a concrete light pole with my WiteSpy Flip yesterday!! It was all my fault....I was flying around trees and the light pole and seeing how fast I could get around my self made Obstacal course and then smack, into the pole All I broke was 1 prop!! Tough....tough machine! Thanks again WiteSpy!!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
Got toys?
pearl city, hi
Joined Feb 2005
714 Posts
New WiteSpy Member

FWIW I spoke to Paul last night. Probably interrupted his dinner or preparing orders for shipment, but all I can say is, "What a congenial and helpful guy!" After the phone call I placed an on-line order for a RTF Naza version w/ GPS and motor upgrade. I just found out that POTUS will be on Oahu from Dec 17 till Jan 6, which will ground all model aircraft activity during that period AGAIN! Hope to maiden my new quad before he arrives.
kenhiraihnl is offline Find More Posts by kenhiraihnl
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:02 AM
Joined Nov 2012
56 Posts
I just bought the Flip version of this quad. Does anyone know the AIW weight on it? I am ordering a lipo charger and batteries from HK, how much battery can I put on this?
I am totally new to RC, but want to get into this big time. I have been studying and researching for 3 weeks now. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
General660 is offline Find More Posts by General660