SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:19 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrojunkee View Post
Thanks for sharing that video! Looks awesome, might have to see if I can get one for Christmas!

Looking forward to more vids!
You will absolutely love the Flip Frame and controller!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:41 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,272 Posts
taken with RTF-450. of RTF-FPV. too close.

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:52 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,101 Posts
Holy cow that is so cool!! I would say you were VERY close!!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:28 AM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Camera mods

This weekend I changed up the Witespy a bit, took some things off and moved others around.
I started off by removing the pan/tilt platform for the Horyzon cam and mounted two GoPro's on the bottom, Hero 2 facing front and Hero 1 facing back. Initially I had them as high as I could get them but ran into a problem with the rear site ball and legs getting into the shot as well as the front legs. I really don't want that stuff visible so I put extensions on both GoPro's so they hang down farther, problem solved. I used the connectors that came with it so times that I'm not filming I can just remove both GoPro's and lose the added weight. I still have the light weight Horyzon HD cam on board which will always stay on there.

Next I removed the "Angel Eyes" lights in front and mounted the Horyzon HD cam in it's place. I love that location! The picture looks great and NO wobble/jello effect whatsoever! It has a great view plus after tightening down those extensions it compressed it in there real good, it ain't going anywhere! I also added double sided tape on the top & bottom of the cam for good measure before tightening it down.
Here are some before and after pics:

I also put the 9x5 triple props on, just to test it out. I want to add Graupners in the near future so these props will come off.
I think what I'll eventually do in the future is add a 360* gimbal on the bottom center for my Hero 2. I'll just have that and the Horyzon stationary cam on the quad.
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
Last edited by grizzledcamudgen; Nov 11, 2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Just for thoughts!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Hoping someone can give me an Idea of what I'm doing wrong. After a short maiden flight yesterday, I wanted to get an idea of what the settings on the Quadrino looked like. So I connected the board to my PC. The drivers installed fine, and gave me comport 5. I then opened the Muitiwii_2_0-QuadrinoZoom-V1E file from the disc that came with the quad. The program does open, but when I select comport5 nothing registers. It's like the program doesn't see the board. I click start and still nothing. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Anyone?
Nitrojunkee is offline Find More Posts by Nitrojunkee
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:50 AM
Ireland, County Cork, Cork
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Hoping someone can give me an Idea of what I'm doing wrong. After a short maiden flight yesterday, I wanted to get an idea of what the settings on the Quadrino looked like. So I connected the board to my PC. The drivers installed fine, and gave me comport 5. I then opened the Muitiwii_2_0-QuadrinoZoom-V1E file from the disc that came with the quad. The program does open, but when I select comport5 nothing registers. It's like the program doesn't see the board. I click start and still nothing. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Anyone?
Hi Nitrojunkee, try with MultiWii 2.1 instead and it should work.
AlecSkid is offline Find More Posts by AlecSkid
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecSkid View Post
Hi Nitrojunkee, try with MultiWii 2.1 instead and it should work.
I just tried 2.1 as well, still nothing. The program gives me the correct comport. I click on that comport, click start and nothing. The sensors are not registering, nor are any values showing up....Everything shows zero. This is weird.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:54 PM
Change is good...
Connecticut
Joined Mar 2008
802 Posts
Found what I needed..
bpd964 is offline Find More Posts by bpd964
Last edited by bpd964; Nov 11, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:47 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,272 Posts
Quote:
I just tried 2.1 as well, still nothing. The program gives me the correct comport. I click on that comport, click start and nothing. The sensors are not registering, nor are any values showing up....Everything shows zero. This is weird.
yes 2.1 is loaded on the Quad. you need this program to read the quad.

IF you have a bluetooth connected . you need to unplug it if you want to use the USB.
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,471 Posts
Sometimes if you un plug everything and open the program after connecting the board it will read. If you unplug the board while the software is running it will not respond again, to the GUI untill you disconnect everything and close the program!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
yes 2.1 is loaded on the Quad. you need this program to read the quad.

IF you have a bluetooth connected . you need to unplug it if you want to use the USB.
Thanks Paul. I disconnected the BT and then the quad showed up within the program. Should all of the motor values be relatively close while the throttle is at half and full? I see that the front right motor value is up quite a bit over the other three.

FR - 1850
FL - 1506
RR - 1508
RL - 1600

I took it out yesterday morning before it started snowing, but it was so windy (15-17mph constant) about all I wanted to do was a little tail in hovering, and slight movement. It just seemed a little sluggish on the cyclic side. And would pull a bit to the left.

HT-450 quad (0 min 35 sec)
Last edited by Nitrojunkee; Nov 11, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:44 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,101 Posts
Congrats on the flight NitroJunkee!

I would study the RC Groups Quadrino thread and spend a ton of time on the MultiWii site.Basic radio/ quadrino setup is here:
How to set your radio for witespy quad/quadrino. (7 min 11 sec)

Hope this helps a little.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Thanks, Alan! Yeah, I have that video on the disc that came with the quad. Went through it last night. Everything seems to match pretty close. The motor values are the only thing that are kind of throwing me. I'll definitely do as much research in those area's of the forum that you mentioned, especially before I try to make any adjustments. Like I said, it flies really well....It was so windy, it was hard to really tell. But it does seem to have a delay, or sluggish feeling on the cyclic. A little dead around the center of the cyclic stick too. I'd like it to be tighter and more responsive.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:16 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,101 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Alan! Yeah, I have that video on the disc that came with the quad. Went through it last night. Everything seems to match pretty close. The motor values are the only thing that are kind of throwing me. I'll definitely do as much research in those area's of the forum that you mentioned, especially before I try to make any adjustments. Like I said, it flies really well....It was so windy, it was hard to really tell. But it does seem to have a delay, or sluggish feeling on the cyclic. A little dead around the center of the cyclic stick too. I'd like it to be tighter and more responsive.
Do you have any Expo programed into the radio?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Oct 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
Do you have any Expo programed into the radio?
It's at whatever Paul has programmed in the DX8 file he gives you on the disc, I just loaded that onto my DX8. I didn't even check to see if there is any or not. Can I change the expo on the radio then, if that is where the dead center is coming from? I was under the assumption that I am not supposed to change DR & Expo on the radio, but do it within the Multiwii program instead?