Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:48 AM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAD4EVER View Post
http://youtu.be/NLyU2slCsFM

This is a HD video. If you have the bandwidth, please watch in 720 HD mode or 1080 HD mode. And, full screen if possible. Thanks for watching.

Thank you so much TimeTrave1er. I was thinking that no one liked the vid. So thank you so much for telling me that you enjoyed it. I realize that some people prefer no props in the vids, but I like the props to remind me of physics at work.

I use the AR7010 Rx to enable the RTH to be configured. I mean true RTH in the event of Tx failure. I can, and have, turned off my Tx to test the RTH feature. Only the AR7010 Rx and higher models offer this feature to activate RTH with the Tx turned-off (loss of signal).

Top notch video Tx/Rx Antennas are arriving this week. Longer range trips are planned. Prop are now Graupner 10x5 (in vid above).

Previous video (Quad4Ever-001) has Fat Shark's SpiroNet 5.8GHz Antenna Set (2x Right-hand circular polarization antennas) (click here). The Witespy came with these SpiroNet.

New Antennas will be -

Circular Wireless Helical Axial Mode 5.8 GHz RHCP Antenna (click here)
Circular Wireless Antenna Skew Planar Wheel RHCP 5.8 GHz (click here)
That is very cool! I appreciate you sharing all this info! I wonder if a transmitting altimeter is available? I guess it would depend on shark already having that feature capable within its goggles? Hmm...more info the better, I think!
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
That is very cool! I appreciate you sharing all this info! I wonder if a transmitting altimeter is available? I guess it would depend on shark already having that feature capable within its goggles? Hmm...more info the better, I think!
What do you mean by 'transmitting altimeter '?

Are you referring to and osd or hud?
Atown93 is offline Find More Posts by Atown93
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atown93 View Post
What do you mean by 'transmitting altimeter '?

Are you referring to and osd or hud?
No.
Do you see it's distance to earth on its OSD? If so, forget my previous post. if not then I just thought it would be a nice feature to have!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:01 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quad of the Rings - Witespy VC-450 (2 min 38 sec)

Just got back from an amazing days flying

Flew 3 packs in the morning, went for a bike ride, and then flew 2 more packs at a different spot in the evening. Man I love this quad!

I did a few tests with different PID settings and Im really happy with it now.

This video is from this morning at a wildlife reserve in Queenstown, New Zealand. In the background you can see the snow capped 'Remarkables' mountain range. What an awesome spot to fly in!

Hope you enjoy the view!
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
http://youtu.be/DYgPSZUEnUw

Flew 3 packs in the morning, went for a bike ride, and then flew 2 more packs at a different spot in the evening. Man I love this quad!

This video is from this morning at a wildlife reserve in Queenstown, New Zealand. In the background you can see the snow capped 'Remarkables' mountain range. What an awesome spot to fly in!

Hope you enjoy the view!
right on! Scenery is beautiful too! The mountain ranges in the background remind me of when I lived in Alaska! Looks like an awesome place to fly and live! Glad you had a great time!!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:08 AM
Ireland, County Cork, Cork
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm in Ireland, a month ago they advised me to call before placing the order because of the shipping charges. Now I'm ready to order a HT-450 !

I need to call Witespy but do you know at what time they open ?

Thanks !

AlecSkid.
AlecSkid is offline Find More Posts by AlecSkid
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Nice flying! from OZ

I just got my Quadrino board back from the Recall and cant wait to get it back in my bird...these little things really are Fun and Fly Great!!!

Best Bang for the BUCK!!! Hands down!
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:19 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
Best Bang for the BUCK!!! Hands down!
Hell yeah, your telling nothing but the truth!!
Can I get a AMEN?
LOL!
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Jan 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
http://youtu.be/DYgPSZUEnUw

Hope you enjoy the view!
Nice smooth flying.... I think I saw a hobbit behind one of those bushes.
pdwire is offline Find More Posts by pdwire
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoraudio View Post
hell yeah, your telling nothing but the truth!!
Can i get a amen?
Lol!
:d
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Jan 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecSkid View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm in Ireland, a month ago they advised me to call before placing the order because of the shipping charges. Now I'm ready to order a HT-450 !

I need to call Witespy but do you know at what time they open ?

Thanks !

AlecSkid.
Not sure 'they open' as it is one man shop from my understanding. he is based on the east coast (Florida) so if you are trying to call him just make sure within reasonable hours.
pdwire is offline Find More Posts by pdwire
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAD4EVER View Post
http://youtu.be/NLyU2slCsFM

This is a HD video. If you have the bandwidth, please watch in 720 HD mode or 1080 HD mode. And, full screen if possible. Thanks for watching.

Thank you so much TimeTrave1er. I was thinking that no one liked the vid. So thank you so much for telling me that you enjoyed it. I realize that some people prefer no props in the vids, but I like the props to remind me of physics at work.

I use the AR7010 Rx to enable the RTH to be configured. I mean true RTH in the event of Tx failure. I can, and have, turned off my Tx to test the RTH feature. Only the AR7010 Rx and higher models offer this feature to activate RTH with the Tx turned-off (loss of signal).

Top notch video Tx/Rx Antennas are arriving this week. Longer range trips are planned. Prop are now Graupner 10x5 (in vid above).

Previous video (Quad4Ever-001) has Fat Shark's SpiroNet 5.8GHz Antenna Set (2x Right-hand circular polarization antennas) (click here). The Witespy came with these SpiroNet.

New Antennas will be -

Circular Wireless Helical Axial Mode 5.8 GHz RHCP Antenna (click here)
Circular Wireless Antenna Skew Planar Wheel RHCP 5.8 GHz (click here)
Hey you're welcome dude. Just giving credit where it's due. I actually saw your new video before you made this post because I had to check to see if you had any other quad flying vids. Once again awesome! It was very daring (I'd say) to fly over those train tracks and traffic. Not to mention all that flying over water. Jeez. The view was amazing. Good stuff again.

And yes that makes sense about having an AR7010 Rx and above for a full working RTH feature. Thanks for all the information you've provided about the Rx and Antennas.

I very much look forward to hearing/seeing how the new antennas work out for you. Please let us know as I'm sure many people are interested. I know I am.
TimeTrave1er is offline Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:20 AM
Ireland, County Cork, Cork
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwire View Post
Not sure 'they open' as it is one man shop from my understanding. he is based on the east coast (Florida) so if you are trying to call him just make sure within reasonable hours.
Yes I've been able to reach Paul around twelve and my order is going to be processed ! Wouhou my first quadcopter !
AlecSkid is offline Find More Posts by AlecSkid
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:05 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwire View Post
Nice smooth flying.... I think I saw a hobbit behind one of those bushes.
You probably did, he was flying FPV with an MQX!

I wonder if the White Wizard would like a Witespy?
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2012
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
It was very daring (I'd say) to fly over those train tracks and traffic. Not to mention all that flying over water.
Although a newbie to quads, I do take many precautions to mitigate the risk... and I continue to add to my list as I learn more.

1) I got rid of the GemFan props and got Graupner.
2) To monitor flight time, I made a custom audio track for my ipod that counts upward every 30 seconds that I listen to during each flight. For example, "one, one point five, two, two point five, three....."
3) I keep detailed logs of every time I charge a battery (mah to recharge, resistance, etc). Each battery is tracked individually. I periodically test each battery in a hover until the Naza warning light flashes (low voltage warning). It is timed with a stop watch. This becomes the battery's certified time limit.
4) Before each flight, I pre-determine the flight time at which I need to return home. I subtract additional time for windy days, for a lot of Fast Forward Flight. This calculated limit is posted on my radio (tx) during the flight for my reference.
5) On windy days, I will only fly long distances into the direction of the wind to allow a quick and easy return flight for the failsafe RTH (if needed) and to eliminate unknown flight time on the return leg.
6) Position esc's in the prop wash for cooling.
7) Carefully soldier every connection. Even new components such as batteries, I remove their supplied connectors (even if the same as mine) because I don't trust their soldier joints.
8) Use *genuine* XT60 connectors from Hobby King.

In the beginning, I was afraid of being over water. But, I quickly taught myself that it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is to take the needed precautions to ensure that the quad doesn't come down (period). Over water, over hostile ground such as trees, roofs, fenced-off backyards, forest areas....... it's all the some to me. If my quad goes down, it's gone and a thousand dollars is lost. So, I just try my best to make sure that it doesn't go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
I very much look forward to hearing/seeing how the new antennas work out for you. Please let us know as I'm sure many people are interested. I know I am.
Preliminary testing was disappointing to say the least. I felt like "well, there's two hundred dollars wasted". But, I look on the bright side and just regard it as the cost to learn (cost of tuition). The Fat Shark SpiroNet 5.8GHz Antennas are *not* bad like the forum "experts" claim. My new high-dollar antennas were only able to reach 10-20% further...... which is *not* as good as it sounds. This additional 10-20% increase in range was of very poor quality, mainly consisting of mostly white screen with a few quick glimpses of useable vision. In regards to useable vision, the expense antennas offered *no increase* in distance over the Fat Shark.
QUAD4EVER is offline Find More Posts by QUAD4EVER