SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:29 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclark View Post
A little video I made with my witespy showing some of Northern Maine's fall foliage:

http://youtu.be/BwqSi0bJ2N8

Pretty scenery, thanks for sharing.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Sep 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
A little video I made with my witespy showing some of Northern Maine's fall foliage:

Unfortunately, it's out of focus :-(
lmcwilli is offline Find More Posts by lmcwilli
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:50 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,488 Posts
Very nice, the colors are freaking awesome!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:22 PM
Rubbin's Racin
USA, Murrieta, California
Joined Oct 2010
341 Posts
Hello RC Groups members,

This is my submission for a video contest sponsored by the Temecula Wine Growers Association:
What I Love About Temecula Wine Country (2 min 3 sec)

In the video, I utilize RC aerial shots (which I'm sure you all will appreciate), timelapse, interviews and beautiful scenic shots of the valley and all it has to offer.

I'm calling upon the support of my fellow rc enthusiasts to help me win. Please take two minutes to watch my video. If you like it, can you please leave a comment and vote for it here:
http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/...tries/58503087

Thank you,
Will
FPVSCRacer is offline Find More Posts by FPVSCRacer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:05 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,488 Posts
Next Week pre-order Quadrino GPS board in the Webex on Sunday!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:26 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Next Week pre-order Quadrino GPS board in the Webex on Sunday!

Ah don't tell them that before I get my order in LOL just kidding
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:39 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,488 Posts
What are you talking about, I pre-pre-ordered yours 4 weeks ago!
I think yours is coming to my house anyway!
HAhahahah!
No Naza dance, I hope. I bet it catches on across the hip hop world!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Dec 2005
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcwilli View Post
Unfortunately, it's out of focus :-(
The stabilization I used in Vegas Movie seems to do that. The original footage is much clearer but a bit bouncy. I should try some 8" props and maybe use a stabilized gimbal. Any recommendations on a better software option? I'm just learning this stuff and hope to get better!
jjclark is offline Find More Posts by jjclark
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:43 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,488 Posts
don't let you tube do it.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:29 AM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAD4EVER View Post
Here is one of my vids with my Witespy Naza with FPV Options. I have slightly modded my Witespy with cosmetics changes, AR7010 Rx, and a taller GPS boom. Jump to timeline 0:55 for the take-off. Vid is 720p. Battery is 2700.

http://youtu.be/ApcU7VzIIns

Ok I have to say... that video was amazing! And that's a high praise considering this is my first post on this thread and third post overall in this forum. I research quads everyday especially witespy's and its videos like these that keep me obsessed with what these things can do. I'm not saying all you other guys vids arn't awesome also. They are! But nobody said anything about this guys video and he seems to be a newer member on this forum. That was sick man!! Us newbs gotta stick together.

I totally dig that setup you have there. If you wind up reading this post QUAD4EVER would you mind telling me why you used a AR7010 Rx? Just curious.

Also that video was great even with the props in it a bit. The Horizon HD quality is gorgeous. It must be an absolute blast FPVing that with your fat sharks. You got it FPV ready so it came with the clover leaf antennas right? I'm guessing that's why the range seemed so amazing in that video.

Greetings. I'm a newb here guys, but not for long I hope. I shall have my very own witespy one day and post videos with the rest of you.
TimeTrave1er is offline Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Last edited by TimeTrave1er; Oct 08, 2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:21 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
Thank you!

I snagged 'em from an RC parts truck.
I dont suppose you could throw some specs at me re: the shocks. Ive never had any rc cars/trucks so I havent a clue what size to order. And did you need anything else to fit them? Do I see some fuel tubing in there as well?

I really like the mod and after the wind picked up suddenly yesterday, landing my quad became pretty intense!

Im really happy with the handling tho, even in more wind than I would usually fly (i was just desperate to get in the air!), the Witespy was locking into nice bank turns and had loads of power to get back upwind. Cant wait to fly again! Thanks again Paul, it really is awesome in the flesh!
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:32 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:

I really enjoyed seeing the coloring in the trees. Our palm trees don't get like that.
AlanFlorida is online now Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:14 PM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
I dont suppose you could throw some specs at me re: the shocks. Ive never had any rc cars/trucks so I havent a clue what size to order. And did you need anything else to fit them? Do I see some fuel tubing in there as well?

I really like the mod and after the wind picked up suddenly yesterday, landing my quad became pretty intense!

Im really happy with the handling tho, even in more wind than I would usually fly (i was just desperate to get in the air!), the Witespy was locking into nice bank turns and had loads of power to get back upwind. Cant wait to fly again! Thanks again Paul, it really is awesome in the flesh!
I believe my shocks were from a 1/10th scale truck, here is a link to some.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06038-Alumin...item256f6d95bb
I just used spare stuff laying around the house. The materials you'll need is just 4 shocks and some tubing (doesn't have to be fuel line, see pics) cut to approx. 1/4 inch, you'll need 8 - 1/4 pieces, that is it! The tubing you can pick up at any auto store or mega store, usually costs less than a dollar for a foot. You don't need much maybe a couple inches. If You are not sure of what size to get you could take one of your spacers with you to try it out in the store. I just slid one side on the spacer (see pics) almost half way then cut it, then used that to cut the other pieces. You can check out my pics, from an earlier post to see were to put the shocks, if that is where you would like them. The shocks are kinda stiff but that is ok, this is just to help prevent breaking the end (rubber feet) of the leg off like I had done on an accidental hard landing. This mod only adds a few ounces IMO, that's no big deal! I'm even considering removing the rubber washers (feet) and add something a little larger, not much but just enough to totally protect the end from snapping off. I think the rubber washers could still give enough, possibly for it to bottom out and break at the spacer attachment point. We'll see, I'll have to keep my eye out for something that will work and not add any weight. This is an extremely easy mod but if you do have any more questions you can PM me.
Have fun!

You are aware that the tubing is there just to keep the shock centered, that's all. If you have anything else that would do the same function then that's ok.
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
Last edited by grizzledcamudgen; Oct 08, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Jan 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVSCRacer View Post
Hello RC Groups members,

This is my submission for a video contest sponsored by the Temecula Wine Growers Association:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_2UOII8XrA

In the video, I utilize RC aerial shots (which I'm sure you all will appreciate), timelapse, interviews and beautiful scenic shots of the valley and all it has to offer.

I'm calling upon the support of my fellow rc enthusiasts to help me win. Please take two minutes to watch my video. If you like it, can you please leave a comment and vote for it here:
http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/...tries/58503087

Thank you,
Will
Nice job. Tried to vote but it wanted to install some app in order to do so
pdwire is offline Find More Posts by pdwire
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:06 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2012
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
But nobody said anything about [your] video and [you] seem to be a newer member on this forum. That was sick man!! Us newbs gotta stick together.

I totally dig that setup you have there. If you wind up reading this post QUAD4EVER would you mind telling me why you used a AR7010 Rx? Just curious.

Also that video was great even with the props in it a bit. The Horizon HD quality is gorgeous. It must be an absolute blast FPVing that with your fat sharks. You got it FPV ready so it came with the clover leaf antennas right? I'm guessing that's why the range seemed so amazing in that video.

Greetings. I'm a newb here guys, but not for long I hope. I shall have my very own witespy one day and post videos with the rest of you.

QUAD4EVER-002 (11 min 8 sec)

This is a HD video. If you have the bandwidth, please watch in 720 HD mode or 1080 HD mode. And, full screen if possible. Thanks for watching.

Thank you so much TimeTrave1er. I was thinking that no one liked the vid. So thank you so much for telling me that you enjoyed it. I realize that some people prefer no props in the vids, but I like the props to remind me of physics at work.

I use the AR7010 Rx to enable the RTH to be configured. I mean true RTH in the event of Tx failure. I can, and have, turned off my Tx to test the RTH feature. Only the AR7010 Rx and higher models offer this feature to activate RTH with the Tx turned-off (loss of signal).

Top notch video Tx/Rx Antennas are arriving this week. Longer range trips are planned. Prop are now Graupner 10x5 (in vid above).

Previous video (Quad4Ever-001) has Fat Shark's SpiroNet 5.8GHz Antenna Set (2x Right-hand circular polarization antennas) (click here). The Witespy came with these SpiroNet.

New Antennas will be -

Circular Wireless Helical Axial Mode 5.8 GHz RHCP Antenna (click here)
Circular Wireless Antenna Skew Planar Wheel RHCP 5.8 GHz (click here)
QUAD4EVER is online now Find More Posts by QUAD4EVER