HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:57 AM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
Welcome to the WiteSpy family.....you are going to love your machine!
That's a fact! I sure do love mine, just got mine about a week ago! I've been messin' with it all morning. It beats the flimsy quads with ease meaning "it just feels better flying!" There is so much you can do with it, just imagination is all that is required! You will love it!
I weighed it this morning, now mind you, this is with a 10oz heavier battery than what was sent with it! It came with a 2200 mah 3s, 25-50c nano-tech and I weighed it with a 6000 mah 3s, 25-50c nano-tech! It came to roughly 48.48oz which equates to 3.03 lbs!
Just for anyones info be it may.
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Just got in my "Starbucks lid" canopy! It is a lot better plastic, a lot thicker! It's not going to shatter on you at first impact like my original one did! It is just a tad smaller but all ready has the hole for the straw or in this case my gps boom! It also cost me less too! Here is a pic of it installed and the original after it's first love tap! All I did to make the new one work was cut the threaded area off with my bandsaw, I left the rim on of course. I think it's going to work out great! Picked it up off eBay new for 8 bucks including shipping!
If anyone has any questions just give me a hollar!
~grizzledcamudgen

Just added some blue LED lights to it.
Turned on the scrolling message badge.
Last edited by grizzledcamudgen; Sep 29, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts

Went to Wal-Mart and picked up something like this. 5 pieces for under $3. Light, sturdy, cheap & readily available.( Plus, it keeps the quadrino fresh)
CraigVMN is offline Find More Posts by CraigVMN
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigVMN View Post

Went to Wal-Mart and picked up something like this. 5 pieces for under $3. Light, sturdy, cheap & readily available.( Plus, it keeps the quadrino fresh)
Yep, I had seen someone do that on here. I can't remember who but yeah, who doesn't like fresh quadrino's?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Camera

I have the Horyzon camera up front but I thought I would install a camera in back. It is a 4GB fly dv cam I had picked up on eBay a while back. It fits perfectly snug right here! Gotta test it out to see if it will be a worthy location.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:35 PM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
Just got in my "Starbucks lid" canopy! It is a lot better plastic, a lot thicker! It's not going to shatter on you at first impact like my original one did! It is just a tad smaller but all ready has the hole for the straw or in this case my gps boom! It also cost me less too! Here is a pic of it installed and the original after it's first love tap! All I did to make the new one work was cut the threaded area off with my bandsaw, I left the rim on of course. I think it's going to work out great! Picked it up off eBay new for 8 bucks including shipping!
If anyone has any questions just give me a hollar!
~grizzledcamudgen

Just added some blue LED lights to it.
Turned on the scrolling message badge.
Scrolling message is awesome!
nike25 is offline Find More Posts by nike25
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
As an alternative you can get this protective dome from Park Flyer Plastics (parkflyerplastics.com). I'm using these with my VC450/550 quads and they fit perfectly. All you have to do is make some holes for screws or cable ties and cut off the protruding corners.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
As an alternative you can get this protective dome from Park Flyer Plastics (parkflyerplastics.com). I'm using these with my VC450/550 quads and they fit perfectly. All you have to do is make some holes for screws or cable ties and cut off the protruding corners.
Thanks, good idea!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
I know this sounds like a total noob question but where can I get the prop spinner nuts & what size are they? I have a kv980 T-motor. I just lost one in the yard about an hour ago and dragged out the metal detector but with no such luck! I have a prehistoric rectangular nut on it right now but would like to get a few extras of what came with it. Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25 View Post
Scrolling message is awesome!
Thanks! I got it off of eBay, the ones that come with the small cd disc is a lot easier to program than the ones with just the buttons on back. I have both kinds, you have to have a cd "tray" & not just a slot in order to use the disc tho unless you have an adapter for it.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:32 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
I know this sounds like a total noob question but where can I get the prop spinner nuts & what size are they? I have a kv980 T-motor. I just lost one in the yard about an hour ago and dragged out the metal detector but with no such luck! I have a prehistoric rectangular nut on it right now but would like to get a few extras of what came with it. Thanks!
I am not sure of the size but I just returned from Ace hardware matching up a few bolts I have with nuts. Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware all have single components you can match up. Be fun to see what comments you get bringing you quad into the store Wish I could help more.
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Jan 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
That's a fact! I sure do love mine, just got mine about a week ago! I've been messin' with it all morning. It beats the flimsy quads with ease meaning "it just feels better flying!" There is so much you can do with it, just imagination is all that is required! You will love it!
I weighed it this morning, now mind you, this is with a 10oz heavier battery than what was sent with it! It came with a 2200 mah 3s, 25-50c nano-tech and I weighed it with a 6000 mah 3s, 25-50c nano-tech! It came to roughly 48.48oz which equates to 3.03 lbs!
Just for anyones info be it may.
How does it fly with that 6000mah? I bought a 5000mah nanotech and I am waiting on some connnectors before I can use it.. seems huge so was thinking that was going to fly much differently with that much weight.
pdwire is offline Find More Posts by pdwire
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
I am not sure of the size but I just returned from Ace hardware matching up a few bolts I have with nuts. Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware all have single components you can match up. Be fun to see what comments you get bringing you quad into the store Wish I could help more.
Thanks, what I was really looking for is the "bullet" cone shaped nuts. (see pic of my quad) This is what came with the quad, they are little easier to get on and off plus they look good too! You just have to make sure you wrench them down or put locktite on it. I just thought someone would know maybe where I could get them and possibly the size. I really don't know what they are called and I'm having a tough time finding them.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwire View Post
How does it fly with that 6000mah? I bought a 5000mah nanotech and I am waiting on some connnectors before I can use it.. seems huge so was thinking that was going to fly much differently with that much weight.
To tell you the truth, I think I like it better than the smaller 2200mah because it adds more weight plus fly time and you notice it! It "seems/feels like" it's less likely to be blown around by the wind! I live next to Dorothy (jk) and battle the wind daily! I had picked two up off eBay and had the guy put the XT-60 plugs on them for me. They add an extra pound to the rig but like I had said it feels more stable to me. It was a good purchase, IMHO!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, what I was really looking for is the "bullet" cone shaped nuts. (see pic of my quad) This is what came with the quad, they are little easier to get on and off plus they look good too! You just have to make sure you wrench them down or put locktite on it. I just thought someone would know maybe where I could get them and possibly the size. I really don't know what they are called and I'm having a tough time finding them.
Paul (WiteSpy) now sells what he calls a "replacement hub cap" ($2.50) at the top of page 2 of his "Accessories" section that fit the upgrade 980 KV T-Motor, if that is what you are looking for. I wasn't able to find them any place else.
jlumens is offline Find More Posts by jlumens