SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:12 AM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
That switch changes between manual, auto level mode, and GPS mode. Most of the time you probably want to be flying when the light is flashing yellow or a GPS mode the light is flashing green.

Failsafe is all set up on your radio. So if something happens you will fall into failsafe, the only thing I couldn't find out on that radio is when I established a link and turn off the radio and then turn on the radio again it does not reestablish connection. Unless I reboot the quad in the correct sequence.... not sure if that is now the radio works, just something I noted
Thank you for your response! which position is which on the switch?
0) is: Manual?
1 or mix) is: auto level mode?
2) is: GPS?
is this correct?
I turned it on and the green light flashes on the "0" position so I assume then that is the GPS. I think the yellow flash was on position 1, what would that be?

I'm having a problem with the assistant, I was able to access it prior to installing the driver. I went to DJI NAZA website and downloaded the driver from there (was this wrong?) because I was having a problem with the rar. file installation. I installed the driver (from website) but when I try to go into the DJI assistant now this is what comes up. (see pic)
I'm trying to get this working today so if you could help I'd greatly appreciate it.
~grizzledcamudgen

update: I tried going back into DJI assistant, (nothing was/is plugged in or on with witespy) I was able to access it now. Maybe I'm not following a sequence right or something, has anyone else seen this banner before?

final update for this problem: I turned everything back on and plugged back into the DJI unit and USB and now I'm able to manipulate the program with the TX! Finished.

Now, can anyone tell me what the yellow light is? I suppose I could just look it up! Well, if you happen to be reading this and know the answer, I would appreciate you throwing it on here for me!
~grizzledcamudgen
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
Last edited by grizzledcamudgen; Sep 23, 2012 at 08:54 AM. Reason: success with connection!
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
I flipped the switch and noticed what it was on the assistant program! Never mind for the help! Well, I'm about ready for some flight testing...nice weather, no wind, good day for some flying!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Failsafe is all set up on your radio. So if something happens you will fall into failsafe, the only thing I couldn't find out on that radio is when I established a link and turn off the radio and then turn on the radio again it does not reestablish connection. Unless I reboot the quad in the correct sequence.... not sure if that is now the radio works, just something I noted

I was just wondering if you knew if my Horyzon camera was linked with my TX, can I control it with my TX or do I control it by the unit itself?
Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:52 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,436 Posts
Quadrino & MultiWii 101

FlyingEinstein will be hosting a webex class each Sunday @ 3PM EST for an introduction to wiring the Quadrino and initial installation and configuration of the MultiWii Configuration software. This is a group discussion and a Question and Answer period will follow and asking questions during the webex is also encouraged. If you are having difficulties with setting up the Quadrino this is your chance to get your questions answered and your quad flying.

This class is offered through Cisco WebEx and supports up to 50 attendees at a time. To join the meeting goto flyingeinstein.webex.com between 2:45 PM and 3:00PM EST. The meeting will open at 2:45PM but will not begin until 3PM.

Password is always "quad"

Go to flyingeinstein.webex.com

Webex is a Cisco product for online group meetings and presentations. If you haven't already done so, your browser will prompt you to install the webex browser plugin. There is no spam, spyware or adware in the Cisco webex product. Cisco is the leading supplier of computer network related products.

http://flyingeinstein.com/index.php/...ed/51-class101
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
The quad fly's great! a little windy out there but it handled really well in it!
Awesome quad, I like it!!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
515 Posts
How many people are using an external BEC on their witespy ? Is my Quadrino and receiver being supplied from one of the ESC's internal BEC's in the stock setup? I want to put a BEC on to ensure I get solid 5volts to my Receiver. Advice ?
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:30 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
The quad fly's great! a little windy out there but it handled really well in it!
Awesome quad, I like it!!
GREAT to hear!!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:45 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve34 View Post
How many people are using an external BEC on their witespy ? Is my Quadrino and receiver being supplied from one of the ESC's internal BEC's in the stock setup? I want to put a BEC on to ensure I get solid 5volts to my Receiver. Advice ?
It is not common, ESC's do a good job on supplying just the receiver with power. A UBEC will cause more noise.

There are no servos involved so this helps out a lot, I would not worry about it too much . If you want to pop one of these on, It can not hurt.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/products/d...prodid=spm1600

I have some in stock

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/acc...protector.html
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; Sep 23, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Dec 2005
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_florida View Post
jjclark: Can you make the webex tomorrow at 3PM EDT? I would like to take a look at the issue. If you can run on 1.8 you shouldnt have a problem with 2.1, I can't imagine why.
I made it for an hour or so but had to leave before I could ask about the software problem. It was very interesting! The people on there sure know a lot! If you'd like to help diagnose the problem I could work around your schedule and get back on anytime. Thanks again!
jjclark is offline Find More Posts by jjclark
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Feb 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
It is not common, ESC's do a good job on supplying just the receiver with power. A UBEC will cause more noise.

There are no servos involved so this helps out a lot, I would not worry about it too much . If you want to pop one of these on, It can not hurt.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/products/d...prodid=spm1600

I have some in stock

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/acc...protector.html
Thanks for the answer . I had a feeling it wasnt too common since I havnt read about it .
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:08 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,568 Posts
Maidened my first quad today, a witespy quadrino..too fun, by the end of the day I have logged 6 flighs on it, and am surprised how fast it is in forawrd flight..what a great quad!!
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:20 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Maidened my first quad today, a witespy quadrino..too fun, by the end of the day I have logged 6 flighs on it, and am surprised how fast it is in forawrd flight..what a great quad!!
That is a great 1st day with your WiteSpy!! They are tremendous fun!! Welcome to the WiteSpy family!!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Jan 2011
44 Posts
First week with Witespy

Well I got my Witespy on Wednesday night and been having a blast all weekend. Charge- Fly- Charge- Fly.. repeat. I really did not expect that flying in Atti would be that stable. I even put my iphone on there with a couple of rubber bands and made a facetime call so the kids could watch in real time as it flew around the backyard. Lots of fun. Flew in manual a couple of times once I went to a field.. wow real responsive. A little harder to control than the mqx but just will getting used to it.. have not tried a flip yet.. will take awhile to get up the nerve on that.

One quick question. Seems like I havere-do the trim each time I start it up or it has a pretty significant drift. Is that normal?

Patrick
pdwire is offline Find More Posts by pdwire
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Testing out my New upgrade GoPro Hero2/mount vid

Vlog : Testing out the GoPro Hero 2 and Front Mount (1 min 29 sec)

Upgraded from hero1 to hero2 for better crisp images. Glad I got the Gopro rather than opting for the new Sony HDR-AS15.

***** Surprising problem occurred on my 3rd flight today. When I did a pre-flight check after loading a new battery, the 2 front props were the only ones spinning, and ended up flipping upon take off when I punched it. Startling problem considering this is my 62th time i'ved flown this awesome quad w/out incidence. I tried 3x and it kept flipping forward, resulting in getting my gemfan props sliced through the grass ( very strong Gemfan props ... did not even leave a mark.). I ended up replacing the battery and it corrected the problem. All 4 props were fine after that.
kyle925 is offline Find More Posts by kyle925
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:04 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,436 Posts
Nice!
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio