HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:07 AM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Hello!
Just got my witespy Thur, haven't done anything yet except turn everything on and fire up the motors to cool the living room off a little, HaHa oh...and get my wife running out of the bedroom freaking out because of the sound! lol I had plan to do a little research today before I even attempt any lift off!
I've got the HT-450 Quad RTF with DJI Naza, Horyzon system, upgraded motors & ESC's using a Devo 12s.
I'm not sure on really where to start with this because of the lack of info that I have with it. I had sent my TX in to be set up with the quad but I'm not sure what is what, what buttons control what and so forth. It's an AWESOME quad and system, rather intimidating! I just dont want to screw anything up or move the wrong switch or whatever. I understand they are rather busy over there and making contact with folks is rather tough so I thought I would give this thread a try!
I have read upto like page 25 of this thread but they are mainly dealing and talking about an older system, quite interesting folks but none the less. Maybe I should read the whole thread or is there something out there that would point me to a little better/faster help?
preciate any help!
~grizzledcamudgen
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:15 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
Hello!
Just got my witespy Thur, haven't done anything yet except turn everything on and fire up the motors to cool the living room off a little, HaHa oh...and get my wife running out of the bedroom freaking out because of the sound! lol I had plan to do a little research today before I even attempt any lift off!
I've got the HT-450 Quad RTF with DJI Naza, Horyzon system, upgraded motors & ESC's using a Devo 12s.
I'm not sure on really where to start with this because of the lack of info that I have with it. I had sent my TX in to be set up with the quad but I'm not sure what is what, what buttons control what and so forth. It's an AWESOME quad and system, rather intimidating! I just dont want to screw anything up or move the wrong switch or whatever. I understand they are rather busy over there and making contact with folks is rather tough so I thought I would give this thread a try!
I have read upto like page 25 of this thread but they are mainly dealing and talking about an older system, quite interesting folks but none the less. Maybe I should read the whole thread or is there something out there that would point me to a little better/faster help?
preciate any help!
~grizzledcamudgen
1) First thing I would do is TAKE the PROPS OFF
2) Load the Naza software on your computer- study up on DJI Naza controllers on line!!
3) connect your computer to the Naza and see what switches control what
4) make sure Transmitter is fully charged and flight battery is fully charged
5) start some initial hovering flights....always outside.
6) always turn transmitter on first, then plug in battery to WiteSpy AND always disconnect battery on WiteSpy before turning off transmitter.

HAVE FUN!! Welcome to the WiteSpy family!
6)
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
2) Load the Naza software on your computer- study up on DJI Naza controllers on line!!
6) always turn transmitter on first, then plug in battery to WiteSpy AND always disconnect battery on WiteSpy before turning off transmitter.

6)
Good deal! Thank you!
I use an iMac is this a problem for NAZA?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Hello!

I'm not sure on really where to start with this because of the lack of info that I have with it.
~grizzledcamudgen
If you do end up flying it, practice a lot on GPS mode until you are confident. And then you can do ATT mode and manual mode.
kyle925 is offline Find More Posts by kyle925
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post

6)
Good advice right here! Know your TX and functions. Also, there are lots of videos in youtube ... basic intro to quads/multirotors. Good luck.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:01 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,488 Posts
kyle925: where is this weeks video?
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
kyle925: where is this weeks video?
Bad weather (windy/rainy) caused my next vid project to be cancelled. Too bad too cuz it was supposed to be an entry for a GoPro vid contest. Oh well.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Dec 2005
62 Posts
Thanks for the tip. But I already figured out (through trial and error on my part) that I had to load the ino file in the 2.1 directory instead of looking for a .pde file. 2.1 compiles and uploads fine. Just can't read it with the multiwii conf after that. Unless you think that's because I need to download and install the VCP USB driver?

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcwilli View Post
See the following thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1734897

FlyingEinstein's firmware flash instructions need updating.
jjclark is offline Find More Posts by jjclark
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Dec 2005
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
jjclark: I know the Guru has had a really tough week at work. But come tomorrow morning, he should be checking in on you.
Don't feel bad, One of my boards is doing the same thing.
Thanks Doc! On the bright side, I put 1.8 back on and my quad is flying as good as it did! Even got in a FPV flight yesterday after reflashing. I can also update firmware in my sleep now I've done it so many times. lol So this whole thing has been a positive experience for me! I still want to get 2.1 working but I'm not dead in the water by any means. Will let you know when I hear from the Guru.

Btw...is the Guru Witespy?

Thanks again!
jjclark is offline Find More Posts by jjclark
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle925 View Post
If you do end up flying it, practice a lot on GPS mode until you are confident. And then you can do ATT mode and manual mode.
Like I had stated at the beginning, I'm not sure what is what on my TX. I have no idea what he did, what he programmed, he didn't leave me a note or anything about what he had done. I am going to remove props & load the NAZA software on my new pc (just purchased today) and study what is going on with the TX.
basically what AlanFlorida stated to do.

@kyle925:
"If you do end up flying it, practice a lot on GPS mode until you are confident. And then you can do ATT mode and manual mode."

What switches are these usually? He did mark 1 switch on my TX with "Attitude switch" ?
Would you happen to know, "maybe" what switch would be the toggle for the GPS?
I added some pics of my stuff so maybe it can help somehow.
Thank you people for your help!
~grizzledcamudgen
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:11 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle925 View Post
Bad weather (windy/rainy) caused my next vid project to be cancelled. Too bad too cuz it was supposed to be an entry for a GoPro vid contest. Oh well.
Damm it, that sucks!
Well I hope your pacticing on a simulator!
Peace brother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclark View Post
Thanks Doc! On the bright side, I put 1.8 back on and my quad is flying as good as it did! Even got in a FPV flight yesterday after reflashing. I can also update firmware in my sleep now I've done it so many times. lol So this whole thing has been a positive experience for me! I still want to get 2.1 working but I'm not dead in the water by any means. Will let you know when I hear from the Guru.

Btw...is the Guru Witespy?

Thanks again!
Witespy is very knowledgeable but he is not the same person!

flyingeinstein is guru_florida. He is the one that made the Quadrino FC!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
jjclark: Can you make the webex tomorrow at 3PM EDT? I would like to take a look at the issue. If you can run on 1.8 you shouldnt have a problem with 2.1, I can't imagine why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclark View Post
I seem to have even more problems now. I can't get the MultiWiiConf to talk to my board. I run (as administrator) the MultiWii Conf ver 2.1 program that came with my 2.1 firmware. I then select COM 3 (I'm sure that's the correct port...it's the only one that shows up and the one I've used in the past). I click 'Start' and just a single brown line appears in the window with all the sensors. I try to click 'Read' but no values show up. On the Quadrino board I have a single red led blinking really fast next to the usb connection when running the multiwiiConf software.
[snip]
guru_florida is offline Find More Posts by guru_florida
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:55 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
What switches are these usually? He did mark 1 switch on my TX with "Attitude switch" ?
That switch changes between manual, auto level mode, and GPS mode. Most of the time you probably want to be flying when the light is flashing yellow or a GPS mode the light is flashing green.

Failsafe is all set up on your radio. So if something happens you will fall into failsafe, the only thing I couldn't find out on that radio is when I established a link and turn off the radio and then turn on the radio again it does not reestablish connection. Unless I reboot the quad in the correct sequence.... not sure if that is now the radio works, just something I noted

I am a chicken

playing chicken with quads? (1 min 41 sec)

a quick little note for everyone with a naza. might help some day.
quick Naza setup without a computer (4 min 26 sec)
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:49 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,488 Posts
witespy:
That is freaking cool.
Wow!
Heck you no chicken, at least you played.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:16 AM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
My VC550 makes even a boring West Texas Dirt Road fun

West Texas Dirt Road VC550 Quadcopter (3 min 52 sec)

Stupid GPS says this was a shorter route.....7 miles and turn left...ya right, 45 miles later we reached paved road!
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Last edited by Wirewolf903; Sep 23, 2012 at 04:28 AM.