Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclark View Post
Got the witespy upgraded to 2.1!
But now it's not flying quite right.
Thanks!
I am seeing a lot of posts where after upgrading to 2.1 , it screws something up. is it the version itself? or user set up is the problem? So far, the upgrade doesn't really apply to me since I don't use gimbals. So far, I am happy w/ my Witespy w/ the lower version. I wonder who of us here had successfully versioned up w/ out issues. Anybody?
kyle925 is offline Find More Posts by kyle925
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:52 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,426 Posts
kyle925:
I had more problems with the 1.8 to 1.9 upgrade.
99% was I didn't really understand what the hell I was doing.
But now most of those I have helped, I sit in the shop where there is no computer and walk them thru the setup.

Top Secert Info:
All you Naza guys turn your head Now! LOL!
The Guru is working on a setup program. that you will only have to click your options you want to install and it will upload the firmware and setup you Quadrino boards thru the internet!
Talking about making me obsolete!
Okay Naza guys you can turn around!
I am going to get one one day. I was at a Naza test ground the other day!
But don't tell anyone else!
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Dec 2005
62 Posts
I seem to have even more problems now. I can't get the MultiWiiConf to talk to my board. I run (as administrator) the MultiWii Conf ver 2.1 program that came with my 2.1 firmware. I then select COM 3 (I'm sure that's the correct port...it's the only one that shows up and the one I've used in the past). I click 'Start' and just a single brown line appears in the window with all the sensors. I try to click 'Read' but no values show up. On the Quadrino board I have a single red led blinking really fast next to the usb connection when running the multiwiiConf software.

For fun, I installed 1.9. Same problem. I then went back to the CD that Paul sent me with the quad and, using the IDE on that (.22 i think) I loaded 1.8p2. And I'm able to talk to the board with the 1.8p2 conf software.

I have no idea what the problem is. To load 2.1 I'm using the latest IDE software (1.0.1) and I'm using the firmware for my board version (1D) that has my correct baro (MS5611). And before doing the upload I select Board Type (Arduino Nano w/ ATMega328).

Sorry to be such a pain but I'm quite baffled! Thinking of just going back to 1.8
jjclark is offline Find More Posts by jjclark
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:35 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,426 Posts
your not being a pain!
Somethimes things happen you and I can't explain!
But I have seen this before on another multiwii board. I can't remember what happen and how to fix it at this moment! I am going to chat with the Guru in the morning and have a answer for you very soon!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Sep 2011
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclark View Post
Having a great time FPVing my witespy quad! But I'm thinking of upgrading to the latest firmware. I've got the Quadrino Rev 1D and am currently running 1.8. Should I upgrade to 2.1? Can someone point me to some good instructions on performing the upgrade? Thanks!
See the following thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1734897

FlyingEinstein's firmware flash instructions need updating.

Note: They updated them immediately after I notified them of the problem.
lmcwilli is online now Find More Posts by lmcwilli
Last edited by lmcwilli; Sep 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, FL, Zephyrhills
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
failsafe problems

I have a Spectrum DX 18 and a Naza controller on my Witespy. I'm able to program all modes,gps,atti & manual. Also, I was able to program a switch on my transmitter enabling the failsafe function, when engaged the Witespy does RTH.
My problem is when I turn the transmitter off I can't get my Witespy to go to failsafe...Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks..Bob
little heli is offline Find More Posts by little heli
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:01 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by little heli View Post
I have a Spectrum DX 18 and a Naza controller on my Witespy. I'm able to program all modes,gps,atti & manual. Also, I was able to program a switch on my transmitter enabling the failsafe function, when engaged the Witespy does RTH.
My problem is when I turn the transmitter off I can't get my Witespy to go to failsafe...Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks..Bob
What receiver are you using…..check the Spectrum website and make sure the receiver you are using has that function available. I have heard some don't. Not an expert in that area but I recall something like that. 18 is a NICE radio….I wich I had one.
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,653 Posts
Okay, so Hobby King had LED strips on sale a few weeks ago, and on a whim I purchased some. Today I put them on my Witspy and took it out tonight to try it out and oh man, what a difference!

I know a lot of you have been there done that, but it's still new to me and it has added a new deminsion to this craft. I am flying LOS and I think this makes the quad easier to fly and twice as fun.

Even my neighbors think it is neat as several were on their porch watching the odd red and green X fly around my house.

Like I said, old hat to most of you, but it got me excited again, had to share.

Jim
WVrailfan is online now Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:31 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,426 Posts
Holy moly Jim.
You got lights on it!
My goodness, where was I when you did this.
Just joking Jim.
I fly at night all the time, Sometimes when I can't sleep I go play in a dark field.
It is so cool, the Nuns that live across the street. Come out and smoke thier ciggs and chat with me while I am flying.
Nuns are cool. The only women my wife let's me hang out with.
Keep going Jim, you having fun now dude!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:36 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,426 Posts
jjclark: I know the Guru has had a really tough week at work. But come tomorrow morning, he should be checking in on you.
Don't feel bad, One of my boards is doing the same thing.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:15 AM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by little heli View Post
Thanks..Bob
Bob check the manual for your radio and receiver . Spectrum failsafe is set when you bind the receiver. If you are using a bec in the throttle port to power the radio side. You need to trick the radio.

To do this, power the radio from something other then the throttle port and bind the reciever. What you want is for the receiver to go into failsafe when it stops getting throttle input.

This worked for me on a plane with rth so the process should be the same or similar.

Be sure to check the manual of your rx some will burn if you power them from a non throttle port.
Atown93 is offline Find More Posts by Atown93
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:37 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2012
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
What receiver are you using…..check the Spectrum website and make sure the receiver you are using has that function available. I have heard some don't..
Only AR7000 and upward have the "true" failsafe for RTH (via turning off the transmitter while in flight). For Rx below AR7000, they have just throttle-position failsafe, which is insufficient to configure RTH (Return-To-Home).
QUAD4EVER is offline Find More Posts by QUAD4EVER
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:06 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,426 Posts
Yo, guys and girls.
I thought you may like to see how your batteies are made.
click on this link!
http://www.haiyinstore.com/products_...190+&PID=191+#
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:55 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAD4EVER View Post
Only AR7000 and upward have the "true" failsafe for RTH (via turning off the transmitter while in flight). For Rx below AR7000, they have just throttle-position failsafe, which is insufficient to configure RTH (Return-To-Home).
The HK Orange 7 and 9 channel Rx also support failsafe on all channels.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:47 AM
United States, FL, Zephyrhills
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
failsafe problems

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will be unable to work on the Witespy for a couple of days . I am going out of town..

The receiver is a AR9020 and I believe it is compatible with the DX18 for loss of signal failsafe.

Thanks again..Bob
little heli is offline Find More Posts by little heli