HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:48 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewolf903 View Post
So far no crashes/tree landings but I am waiting on the cable for the EZOSD google maps real time tracking on my iPhone. I'll post video and pics once I get it all up and running.

I've sent my fare share of time on trees recovering planes tho, not fun!
The google maps viewing will be very nice! Have a great weekend!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Sep 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
Revamped WiteSpy. Quadrino GPS and RTH are working nicely now.
I recently purchased an HT-450 Quad with a Quadrino board and GPS.

I am using a Spektrum DX8 transmitter.

Can you explain to me how to use the Return to Home (RTH) feature (in MultiWiiConf it's called GPS Home)?

Transmitter settings?

MultiWiiConf_2_1 settings?

Thanks
lmcwilli is offline Find More Posts by lmcwilli
Last edited by lmcwilli; Sep 25, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Sep 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcwilli View Post
...how to use the Return to Home (RTH) feature?
It appears that what is required is to:

(1) In the MultiWiiConf GUI, assign a switch to GPS Home. ACC must be on to turn on GPS. These are my switch settings.

(2) Connect the battery, on the ground, to set the desired home location. The GPS must bind to satellites before you take off. I monitor this on my Droid 4 using MultiWii AllinOne (Beta) 2.50.30 (https://ibm.biz/BdxZRt). It takes about 30 to 45 seconds where I fly.

(3) Fly. Then flip the AUX1 GPS Home switch.

Since I prefer to fly in stunt mode (all switches off), after the GPS binds to its satellites I switch to stunt mode (AUX2 is M). All switches are off. I think that the initial take-off coordinates are saved at that point---at least until you unplug the battery.

(I've also observed from Bluetooth telemetry to my smartphone is that once GPS is initialized, if ACC is tuned off, GPS continues to track. This suggests that GPS is still powered though not enabled.)

Then, when my quad is too far away out over the soy bean fields and I’ve lost orientation, I turn on GPS Home and ACC (AUX1 is H).

And, from those initially saved take-off coordinates, the quad flies home!

Here's another specific example of how to use the the GPS Home feature.

Let's say you've flipped your GPS Home switch and you quad flies back to where you can see it and control it. Then, without landing you can switch back into stunt mode but still use the GPS Home switch later if you need it. Apparently, the Quadrino board retains your initial home location until you disconnect the battery.

Note: These are just observations/guesses. I don't really know how the GPS functions are programmed :-)
lmcwilli is offline Find More Posts by lmcwilli
Last edited by lmcwilli; Sep 30, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Dec 2005
62 Posts
Firmware

Having a great time FPVing my witespy quad! But I'm thinking of upgrading to the latest firmware. I've got the Quadrino Rev 1D and am currently running 1.8. Should I upgrade to 2.1? Can someone point me to some good instructions on performing the upgrade? Thanks!
jjclark is offline Find More Posts by jjclark
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:24 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,403 Posts
http://flyingeinstein.com/index.php/...drino-zoom-v1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclark View Post
Having a great time FPVing my witespy quad! But I'm thinking of upgrading to the latest firmware. I've got the Quadrino Rev 1D and am currently running 1.8. Should I upgrade to 2.1? Can someone point me to some good instructions on performing the upgrade? Thanks!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Dec 2005
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Thanks! I'm glad I decided to do this. In checking over my board it appears I don't have a Baro...? I bought the Advanced Package from Witespy ($475) last October and think I was supposed to get one. I'll have to contact him about this.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Mar 2005
301 Posts
Right here....
ppridday is online now Find More Posts by ppridday
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Dec 2005
62 Posts
Thanks...missed that! My bad. Guess I need to get more familiar with this thing. There is a place for two baros on the board? Can you actually use two?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:29 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,403 Posts
Your board is a basic that was upgraded to have the MS5611 baro!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:13 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
We'll….I was using my WiteSpy to clean acorns off my driveway this evening and hit a big stone which I have next to my driveway……boy was that dumb Glad I have a spare prop
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Jan 2011
44 Posts
getting ready

Well I have been lurking around this thread for a few weeks and finally pulled the trigger and my witespy quad is on the way... get ready for some noobie questions and thanx already for the all information I already picked up.

Patrick
pdwire is offline Find More Posts by pdwire
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Dec 2005
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Your board is a basic that was upgraded to have the MS5611 baro!
I must be one of the lucky 21 that got the new baro! Will attempt the firmware upgrade in the next couple days. Also gotta get some 8" props to cut down on vibration. I'm also thinking of switching over to a Naza with GPS sometime this winter. My ultimate goal is to get the quad to stay in one position for taking pics (panoramas). The naza w/ gps looks solid. Or should I keep the quadrino and add a gps? Any advice? Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:10 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwire View Post
Well I have been lurking around this thread for a few weeks and finally pulled the trigger and my witespy quad is on the way... get ready for some noobie questions and thanx already for the all information I already picked up.

Patrick
Patrick,
Welcome to the WiteSpy family!!!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:13 PM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
Patrick,
Welcome to the WiteSpy family!!!
Patrick,
You`re not "Officially" In, until you get the Alan welcome. Looks like you`re officially In!!
Congrats and enjoy yourself!
nike25 is online now Find More Posts by nike25
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Maiden flight in Paintball

I did my maiden this past Sunday for paintball applications. Just some aerials to spice up my paintball vid. Check it out ( 1:13 mark).

PAINTBALL IN HD: " TWO LOCATIONS ... ONE DAY! " (2 min 52 sec)
kyle925 is offline Find More Posts by kyle925