HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:28 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Guys flying Naza,

Is it normal for the led on the actual Naza unit iteslf (red and white box) to pulse?

Also, which do most of you guys use, immediate or intelligent mode?

Thanks!

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle925 View Post
I have been fine w/ the NAZA driver since 2 weeks ago where I have a succesful communication w/ my PC and naza, until last night when I did a bind w/ my DX8. After the bind, the NAZA driver/assistant doesn't recognize the naza anymore. Any ideas for a fix?
Yess!!! I figured out the solution to my problem. I caused the problem by crimping the data wires when I took it apart last night. I mistakenly wasn't able to tuck in the data wire and got crimped when I put back together. After correcting the issue, the PC recognized the MC immediately. YESSS!!

And to make it even sweeter .... I had my first 2 successful GPS flights today ( after nursing my 2 week old quad back to health after an underwater incident last week due to testing out the GPS in w/c I placed it in the wrong direction .... thus losing it out of control). Hooray for the GPS. it is an awesome accessory.
kyle925 is offline Find More Posts by kyle925
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:32 PM
ORGAN MOUNTAIN AIR FORCE
Organ, New Mexico
Joined Sep 2002
1,231 Posts
Pulsing LEDs

Egaus-

It depends. You really ought to download the manual and give it a careful read. All will become much less mysterious if you do

Different colors tell you different things as well

Rich
rloose is offline Find More Posts by rloose
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:30 AM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
I have my Witespy back up and running thanks to Colin. I have three packs through it now and so far the aircraft is behaving itself. Now the learning can begin. It hovers nicely and I am now starting to practice some forward flight. Out and back, left and right, a box around myself where I fly a straight leg, stop and 90 degree turn, another straight leg, etc. I can lift it off fly around and land it on the sap spot with no trouble so I feel I am progressing well. Hopefully I will be able to figure out how to do a co-ordinated turn so I can start doing circles instead of boxes.

Is there a way to make the quad think it is in "rate mode" and can the quad be put in "heading hold" mode?

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:46 AM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rloose View Post
Egaus-

It depends. You really ought to download the manual and give it a careful read. All will become much less mysterious if you do

Different colors tell you different things as well

Rich
Rich,

I don't understand why you would think I have not read the manual. Been through it a dozen times. I'm referring to the LED on the Naza unit itself, as I said, the red and white box, not the VU.

The LED on my Naza unit (the red and white box, not VU) pulses. Is this normal?

Thanks. Could've posted on Naza thread I guess.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehedr View Post
I have my Witespy back up and running thanks to Colin. I have three packs through it now and so far the aircraft is behaving itself. Now the learning can begin. It hovers nicely and I am now starting to practice some forward flight. Out and back, left and right, a box around myself where I fly a straight leg, stop and 90 degree turn, another straight leg, etc. I can lift it off fly around and land it on the sap spot with no trouble so I feel I am progressing well. Hopefully I will be able to figure out how to do a co-ordinated turn so I can start doing circles instead of boxes.

Is there a way to make the quad think it is in "rate mode" and can the quad be put in "heading hold" mode?

RWW
Wow! I have the same exact game plan too. Just got my witespy fixed and just like you, the learning has begun. Doing exactly what you are doing, just trying to get a feel of the quad and day by day, getting the confidence in myself ( and the quad) to fly in the open air one day.

BTW, thanks to Paul from Witespy for the diligence in picking up my calls and sending me a new motor and ESC to fix my Witespy. I must say, it is a well built quad for mine had a fatal crash last week. I can't believe the electronics survived after being underwater for 30 min. Only 1 motor and ESC fizzled after my heart breaking debacle. Great build and well worth the $$$. Even the Naza/GPS/TM1000/DX8 receiver survived.
And of course, thanks to all the great folks here in this RCgroup. This forum gave me tons of info in setting up my quad especially the GPS accessory.
Can't wait to fly again today.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:37 PM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Quote:
BTW, thanks to Paul from Witespy for the diligence in picking up my calls and sending me a new motor and ESC to fix my Witespy. I must say, it is a well built quad for mine had a fatal crash last week. I can't believe the electronics survived after being underwater for 30 min. Only 1 motor and ESC fizzled after my heart breaking debacle. Great build and well worth the $$$. Even the Naza/GPS/TM1000/DX8 receiver survived.
And of course, thanks to all the great folks here in this RCgroup. This forum gave me tons of info in setting up my quad especially the GPS accessory.
+1!
Witespy quality components form Paul, Colin & Tom!
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:31 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
696 Posts
Is anybody flying the Quadrino on the HT-FPV frame? If so, how is it flying? It seems I only see Naza's on them.
Cervanchez is offline Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:47 AM
Retired Old Guy
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Video of my WiteSpy.

RWW

Witespy (6 min 27 sec)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:19 AM
Retired Old Guy
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Wow! I have the same exact game plan too. Just got my witespy fixed and just like you, the learning has begun. Doing exactly what you are doing, just trying to get a feel of the quad and day by day, getting the confidence in myself ( and the quad) to fly in the open air one day.

So are you gonna fill us in on the sordid details of how the aircraft ended up in the drink for 30 minutes. Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Apr 2012
70 Posts
I am new to any kind of R/C flying and usually spend my time under water with my cameras. The ability to expand the envelope of creative still and video imaging is fascinating. I started flying quads in March and recently took on a photo/video project I have been thinking about for a long time.and it involves being 15 stories or more up in the forest canopies. The following is the first flight of my Witespy 450 with a camera. It is unedited and raw and please forgive my poor flying skills as I am still a nubie at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaeKbZia3SY
Diamondback68 is offline Find More Posts by Diamondback68
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
46 Posts
Parallel charger

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the parallel charger & props! I'm completely new to all this RC stuff & I'm wondering, does it matter what balance plug I use (1 or 2) or, because they're all connected, does it matter? Thanks!

Name: Multi charger2.jpg
Views: 50
Size: 75.5 KB
Description:
KellyR is offline Find More Posts by KellyR
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:49 PM
LOAD "FLIP360FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
Is anybody flying the Quadrino on the HT-FPV frame? If so, how is it flying? It seems I only see Naza's on them.
Yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWCNphtSe9E
vic20owner is offline Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:52 PM
Australia, VIC, Mordialloc
Joined Aug 2009
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
yes i fly with the quadrino board and i love it, this was my first days flight with the frame and board.

Password is: highquad

Quad First Time Out
ScoRpiUs2009 is offline Find More Posts by ScoRpiUs2009
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Jun 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehedr View Post
So are you gonna fill us in on the sordid details of how the aircraft ended up in the drink for 30 minutes. Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!
Aaaahhh Yesss!!! My noobie experience!!! Well for starters, I installed the compass the wrong way on my quad. So instead of holding in front of me, it began to drift to the back of me. I lost control of the craft. And to make it worse, I activated the IOC "course lock" w/out full understanding of what it does. So there goes my brand spanking new Witespy heading towards the grassy area ( neck high effin grass). And to match the nice grassy area, was a hidden canal w/c stretched from left to right. Now, let me tell you that this field is a very wide flat field w/c is good for flying RCs. But i guess I have a black cloud on me that of all the places it landed, it had to land on the canal. SPLASH! Anyway, it was around 6pm already and I was like Indiana Jones chopping off the high grass w/ my elbows ( resulted in a lot of bruises aftermath). 30min. passed and it was getting dark, and I cannot find the damn thing. I felt some panic, so I called up my wife to help out. And she brought good luck because 5min after, i found the quad, all knee deep submerged in this muddy canal.
3 days after that, tested the nice/clean/dry quad, preparing for the worse ... and only 1 ESC and tiger motor fizzled. BRAVO for Witespy quads!!! Best build ever. Even my Naza/TM1000/DX8 receiver withstood the 30 min underwater test. Thanks to Paul for the quick shipment of my new motor/ESC.
Last edited by kyle925; Jul 12, 2012 at 01:28 AM.