HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
340 Posts
Hey team - I just upgraded my Witespy Quad with the new Hoverthings HT-FPV frame and MAN O MAN am I in LOVE!

I simply didn't think a frame upgrade would make that much difference. The flight characteristics seem more stable while at the same time responsive and Agile.

Paul, I also used the 8" and 9" Gemfan carbon filled props and absolutely LOVE them. I really like the 8" ones as they fit snug to the prop adapter and all 4 were almost perfectly balanced right out of the bag. Thanks man, love this quad and the new props.

Are you going to offer builds with the HT-FPV frame once Tom gets production ramped up?? You should man. I absolutely love this frame! :-)

Check out my maiden flight this morning. It was windy as you can see when I come up to the house and pan to the pool. You'll notice the palm trees swaying and my cabana flapping in the winds. The quad still flew awesome!

Thanks again Witespy!

Cheers!

Hoverthings HT-FPV NAZA Quadcopter First Test Flight (3 min 51 sec)
dslack67 is offline Find More Posts by dslack67
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Jul 2011
32 Posts
great dslack67 on the nice work on the video that you posted,like the frame as well,hope to get them someday for my ARES EMCOMMs.......
XRated is offline Find More Posts by XRated
Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:32 PM
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Quick question...anyone know the hex nut size for the prop adapter on the witespy

Update: found it, metric 5 .8
Bijaz is offline Find More Posts by Bijaz
Last edited by Bijaz; Apr 22, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:57 AM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslack67 View Post
Hey team - I just upgraded my Witespy Quad with the new Hoverthings HT-FPV frame and MAN O MAN am I in LOVE!

I simply didn't think a frame upgrade would make that much difference. The flight characteristics seem more stable while at the same time responsive and Agile.

Paul, I also used the 8" and 9" Gemfan carbon filled props and absolutely LOVE them. I really like the 8" ones as they fit snug to the prop adapter and all 4 were almost perfectly balanced right out of the bag. Thanks man, love this quad and the new props.

Are you going to offer builds with the HT-FPV frame once Tom gets production ramped up?? You should man. I absolutely love this frame! :-)

Check out my maiden flight this morning. It was windy as you can see when I come up to the house and pan to the pool. You'll notice the palm trees swaying and my cabana flapping in the winds. The quad still flew awesome!

Thanks again Witespy!

Cheers!

http://youtu.be/K1ZOPfXHQ7Y
nice & smooth!
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:51 PM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
learning FPV
http://youtu.be/DYdnQm4hc0o?hd=1
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Hey all,

Had a really fantastic day flying my new quad...I'm definitely hooked! However, I did run into an issue with the quad (Naza FC) all of a sudden losing power midflight and dropping from the sky. I wasn't far away so I don't think it could be a loss of radio signal ( and I thought the Naza had a fail safe mode, but I need to look that up). The first time it happend, it looked like my battery had been disconnected, and I was doing a lot of spins on the quad, so I figured it was a battery disconnect. However, the second time it happened, the battery was connected fine. I was flying in atti mode the entire time. Any ideas about what happened? I'm going to do some research obviously, but was curious if anyone else has experienced a similar problem.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
I am having some issues getting a camara gimbal working.
Fullmoon cats tutorial got me thru uncommenting The servo tilt line. Uploading the sketch seemed to work fine. I activated camstab in multiwii config.
But there is no love, no servo action. I tested the servos using my rockcrawler, they are fine.

I tried using the 2 servo plugs that come off the motor quick connects. No love. I attached servo wires directly to the quadrino board. No love.
AdaptedEye is offline Find More Posts by AdaptedEye
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:11 PM
United States, CA, Hesperia
Joined Dec 2011
263 Posts
Paul do you have a video or pictures on how to wire the new quadrino board with ez plugs Im stuck lol
thehaw24 is offline Find More Posts by thehaw24
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
65 Posts
Turnigy 18A plush and a motor question

I tried to reach Paul by e-mail but haven't heard back, so I thought maybe someone here might be able to help. I am interested in ordering an extra Turnigy 18A plush esc, which I currently have in my witespy 450 Naza build:

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/adv...sc-20a-4s.html

The problem is that the witespy website says it's 20A, but I'm interested specifically in the Turnigy 18A plush shown in the photo- they can't both be correct. If I order this, does anyone know if I will actually get the Turnigy 18A plush?

Also, does anyone have any direct experience with this motor:

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/mot...le-20-28m.html

I have the original blue Keda's but am interested in having a spare and assume that this would be a direct swap, but don't know for sure.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve
sc02492 is offline Find More Posts by sc02492
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:41 PM
Greece, Kriti, Khania
Joined Feb 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehaw24 View Post
Paul do you have a video or pictures on how to wire the new quadrino board with ez plugs Im stuck lol
This help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc02492 View Post
I tried to reach Paul by e-mail but haven't heard back, so I thought maybe someone here might be able to help. I am interested in ordering an extra Turnigy 18A plush esc, which I currently have in my witespy 450 Naza build:

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/adv...sc-20a-4s.html

The problem is that the witespy website says it's 20A, but I'm interested specifically in the Turnigy 18A plush shown in the photo- they can't both be correct. If I order this, does anyone know if I will actually get the Turnigy 18A plush?

Also, does anyone have any direct experience with this motor:

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/mot...le-20-28m.html

I have the original blue Keda's but am interested in having a spare and assume that this would be a direct swap, but don't know for sure.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve
witespy on black motors
vangvace is offline Find More Posts by vangvace
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:31 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,616 Posts
Nothing special about my Witespy, but a buddy took this photo and I thought it looked cool, so I thought I would share it here.

Jim B.
WVrailfan is offline Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Powering NAZA down midflight in Atti mode

Saw this on youtube. Maybe this is what happened to my quad?
DJI Naza motor cut off ATTI mode (0 min 43 sec)
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:06 AM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan View Post
Nothing special about my Witespy, but a buddy took this photo and I thought it looked cool, so I thought I would share it here.

Jim B.
nice!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:12 AM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
shadow-catch @ the end =)
GOPR0122-23 witespy quadrino 450 in the park (1 min 55 sec)
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:13 AM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
landing strip in the hills -
GOPR0124 witespy quadrino 450 in the hills (2 min 29 sec)