HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
New to group and a couple questions for you all...

I received a 450 Quadrino about a week ago, had it assembled that evening and couldn't help but rubber band a GoPro to it the next morning on its 4th or 5th flights... Awesome piece of technology. The richest person on the planet couldn't have enjoyed this even 15-20 years ago - think about it...

Here's the vid...
Quad/GoPro Aerial Test Footage (5 min 7 sec)

Unfortunately, the quad went rogue a couple flights later and spontaneously tumbled into the ground from about 12 feet, breaking two gear legs. (The pieces of credit card super glued to reinforce fix works great by the way...)

Tom is helping diagnose the issue but it seems to be related to a brownout and the Quadrino board rebooting itself while in flight. One of the symptoms is the amber 'Status' light on the board flickers and goes out inconsistently. Also, can't arm the quad with down and right stick consistently... Ideas?

Also, re. the MultiWii config app, I'm using a Macbook Pro and I don't see my USB ports... just a couple bluetooth ports...

Anyhow, good to meet you all. Very impressive group and a lot of knowledge here.
jiarussi is offline Find More Posts by jiarussi
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:21 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarussi View Post
I received a 450 Quadrino about a week ago, had it assembled that evening and couldn't help but rubber band a GoPro to it the next morning on its 4th or 5th flights... Awesome piece of technology. The richest person on the planet couldn't have enjoyed this even 15-20 years ago - think about it...

Here's the vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxS9VQnkC4M

Unfortunately, the quad went rogue a couple flights later and spontaneously tumbled into the ground from about 12 feet, breaking two gear legs. (The pieces of credit card super glued to reinforce fix works great by the way...)

Tom is helping diagnose the issue but it seems to be related to a brownout and the Quadrino board rebooting itself while in flight. One of the symptoms is the amber 'Status' light on the board flickers and goes out inconsistently. Also, can't arm the quad with down and right stick consistently... Ideas?

Also, re. the MultiWii config app, I'm using a Macbook Pro and I don't see my USB ports... just a couple bluetooth ports...

Anyhow, good to meet you all. Very impressive group and a lot of knowledge here.
Did this happen with the new board?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Did this happen with the new board?
Yes. Here's a pic.

John
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Yes. Here's a pic.

John
That's too bad! I have been lurking around here thinking about getting one of these. I guess I should learn a little more about them before I buy one.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
That's too bad! I have been lurking around here thinking about getting one of these. I guess I should learn a little more about them before I buy one.
I'm not overly discouraged since it's given me an oppty. to experience some pretty good and prompt Hoverthings support.

I've also had a chance to do the inevitable disassembly of the quad and learn about how simple it is. Intimidating at first, but it's a really nice platform for aerial photog. and FPV.

Props will be bent in the name of progress!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:19 PM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Quote:

Here's the vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxS9VQnkC4M

nice mellow vid!
try turning off bluetooth (it can interfere w/ MW) -
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:28 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2011
44 Posts
naza help please

I bought the naza controller and I am getting closer to getting it up and running. Had initial difficulty with fail safe, cfg-err(8), upside down cables for the m1-m4 side, but now I can arm the motors and all settings seem ok in the assistant.

But when I arm... If I don't immediately up the throttle, nothing happens when I use the throttle. It is like it disarms if I don;t immediately use it. Is this a throttle setting? or possibly something else? Travel adjustment for Throttle is +100. sub trim is 0. I re-calibrated on the assistant and that didn't help. Thanks in advance for any help
evaporation is offline Find More Posts by evaporation
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I hope I like the NAZA myself I got all the stuff together now if I can figure out where all the screws go.I also want to order a 450 Quadrino once I am sure all the bugs are taken care of I have cash just waiting.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Boy look at this! just think about all the flight video you could record and show on your phone with this!http://www.android.net/forum/android...ard-drive.html
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:42 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaporation View Post
I bought the naza controller and I am getting closer to getting it up and running. Had initial difficulty with fail safe, cfg-err(8), upside down cables for the m1-m4 side, but now I can arm the motors and all settings seem ok in the assistant.

But when I arm... If I don't immediately up the throttle, nothing happens when I use the throttle. It is like it disarms if I don;t immediately use it. Is this a throttle setting? or possibly something else? Travel adjustment for Throttle is +100. sub trim is 0. I re-calibrated on the assistant and that didn't help. Thanks in advance for any help
I know how fast people want to get in the air, but you need to read the manual., page 12-13 step 2: cut off type.
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Nov 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudandretti View Post
I know how fast people want to get in the air, but you need to read the manual., page 12-13 step 2: cut off type.
Thanks. It makes sense now. I hate having to read the whole manual.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Nov 2011
44 Posts
quad helicopter geese attack!

Here is my close encounter.

quad helicopter geese attack! (0 min 36 sec)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. It makes sense now. I hate having to read the whole manual.
Are you saying we have to read to understand all this? thats work!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Quote:
Here is my close encounter.

https://vimeo.com/38934560
he he - they weren't affraid!? flew straight toward it -
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:08 PM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Witespy VC-550 FPV set up

This was my first real FPV flight using my $29 scorpion eBay purchased gimbal. For the price it works pretty well. Still some vibration at times but I'm still able to pull some nice yello free photos from the gopro hero2 video. I can't wait till next month when they release the gopro wifi downlink. I'll be able to use my iPad for FPV dropping a ton of weight off my around the neck GS and about 200 grams from the 550 = longer flights!

My current set up:
Stock Witespy VC-550 with Naza built by Paul ordered from Hoverthings.com
APC 10x4.7 SF props
5000mha G-Force 30c lipo 10-12min flights
4.83lbs
Futaba T10CHG 2.4 TX
Futaba R6014HS RX Antenna fixed at 90 degrees

FPV Quad gear:
900MHz 200watt TX
RangeVideo Vee antenna with RV low pass antenna filter
Inline mic with custom wiring harness to A/V TX
GoPro Hero2 LiveView with HK Wingcam as back up AP Recording
1000mah lipo for A/V TX

Gimbal controlled by Naza:
Scorpion 2 axis gimbal with HX12K digital 19gram metal gear servos

Neck worn Ground Station:
9" Sylvania with internal battery(Walmart.com) LCD monitor
900mhz 4ch dual output RX with breezecom fiberglass Omni antenna
DVR with 1.5 in LCD
12v 2000mah lipo for RX and DVR
Headplay goggles

Witespy VC-550 Quadcopter Naza FC FPV Arial Photography (3 min 0 sec)
Wirewolf903 is online now Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Last edited by Wirewolf903; Mar 21, 2012 at 03:45 PM.