SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 05, 2011, 02:10 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
So we should calibrate ESCs on your quads? Thought they came calibrated???

What graph? I didn't know about those numbers. I guess you are talking about the GUI software. I will plug back in and check that out later, update and post V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
Do not forget that you might need to To calibrate your esc's

esc to rx, turn on tx and put throttle full up, then connect battery and motor beeps once and you put throttle down before it goes into programing mode and it should beep again telling it is ready.

and more info on how the graph should look..

Now when you pitch the aircraft forward the pitch numbers should go positive and the graph should show positive data for the pitch channel.
Inversely pitch back on the aircraft and the pitch numbers should go negative and reflect that in the graph as well.
Likewise if you roll the aircraft to the right (viewed from the back) the roll numbers should go positive and the graph should reflect that.
Inversely when you roll left the roll numbers should go negative and the graph should reflect that too.
When you yaw the aircraft to the right, the yaw numbers should go positive and be reflected in the graph.
When you yaw left the yaw numbers should go negative and be reflected in the graph data.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2011, 03:07 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
So we should calibrate ESCs on your quads? Thought they came calibrated???

They come calibrated with my radio and the receiver shipped with the quad. This calibration is not going to be the same for all radio's . you would have to shipped me your radio. I do use a DX8, so they should be really close to every one using spectrum.

It "should" not be needed....but might "fine tune" things a little more. If it "looks" like one motor is not spinning exactly like the rest.
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; Apr 05, 2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:12 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Well did the wire trick witespy suggested. Disconnected the red power ones on three then on fourth plugged in only the single signal one to the board and ran the connector down thru the plate and out to the rx. Plugged into the batt slot. Turned on tx. plugged in batt. on quad got my little lite and click then moved throttle to low right to arm. Got the motor movement. Held on to it and moved the throttle up a little. Let it run then turn off the Tx. Took a second or so and the motors stopped. Wasn't instant but a very short delay. I think good just incase you lose signal for a second. So this I think solves that problem on runaway quads.
So if totaly newb to RC and electronics can do it the rest of you should have nooooo problem.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:23 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,251 Posts
Ya never know. I can't wait to see it fly. You will have it doing back flips in no time.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:25 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Trimming STABLE Mode

Video posted on page 14 that shows this better.
Last edited by Tony97; Apr 06, 2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
I never calibrated my quad from you. I didn't know we had to do this. I didn't get a CD with directions. I will add it to the directions I made. Standby for version 8. I'll work on it tomorrow. Working my other job tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
They come calibrated with my radio and the receiver shipped with the quad. This calibration is not going to be the same for all radio's . you would have to shipped me your radio. I do use a DX8, so they should be really close to every one using spectrum.

It "should" not be needed....but might "fine tune" things a little more. If it "looks" like one motor is not spinning exactly like the rest.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:33 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Witespy-calibration of ESC

Witespy,
Please look at the 3-4 videos of my quad taking off. Does it look like motors need calibrating? Notice how in either ACRO or ACC I have to really be on the throttle carefully to takeoff or it will flip or roll. Always been like this. Now I would think if out of cal it would fly out of trim right? So maybe this is why I needed to do a lot of trimming in ACC mode. If you calibrate motors, you would need to retrim and adjust ACC Mode trim right?
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:47 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Ya never know. I can't wait to see it fly. You will have it doing back flips in no time.
Umm will chill out on the flips for awhile. LOL I had enough excitement recently. LOL but will be flying soooooonnnnn.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 09:26 PM
Canada, ON, Alliston
Joined Sep 2009
178 Posts
What size props does this use? I've seen every other piece of info about these except prop size.

thanks.
rernewe is offline Find More Posts by rernewe
Old Apr 05, 2011, 09:27 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Showed in the manual. 10 x 4.5
Old Apr 05, 2011, 09:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Can get spares here. http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...pecific/Detail
Old Apr 05, 2011, 09:56 PM
Canada, ON, Alliston
Joined Sep 2009
178 Posts
thanks guys !! I love the fast response i get here.
rernewe is offline Find More Posts by rernewe
Old Apr 05, 2011, 10:34 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
We hope to get timely answers out. Seadog...I will put that link in the next revision of the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rernewe View Post
thanks guys !! I love the fast response i get here.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 10:36 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Just got home from flying the blimp. I'm beat! I will tweak the manual a bit tomorrow. I will also try to take some video of motor calibration, quad trimming, STABLE mode trimming, etc., later on when the wind dies down. The news said it will be above 15 until Sunday.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:06 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Props

What about this place?
http://montorc.com/epp1045.aspx