SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 22, 2011, 05:59 PM
Sweden, Norrbotten County
Joined Jun 2007
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderLustMan View Post
thanks for the list cyberdog. any favorite vendors for that list?
Well i live in Sweden so ur cheaper of buying in your country. I bought all here in my country... Expensive....
cyberdog is offline Find More Posts by cyberdog
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:19 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderLustMan View Post
yeah that's my thinking. sounds like a 5.8ghz with fatshark is better for me right now. I just want to fly a bit close and be able to do some fun recordings.
I started with a cheap china 2.4 setup for my fpv..of course I was usenig 72mhz

"cheaper" yea!...now that I have a 2.4 quad im ordering a 1280.."1.2"..from sunsky..800mwatt...1.2 is the best as far as Ive seen from the forums for 2.4..

transmitter on any flying thing.....

just think...the first cordless phones were 900..long range..everybody could hear you as well as interference..then cam 2.4..better but security systems screwed up the phones...then came 5.8.. great no interference..but no distance..walls stopped the signal.....

1.2 in USA is only legal at 1280...and you need a ham license....

it travels..100mwatts..is good for"around 500 feet...you can get better antenna's and make it better..800mwatts with a long range antennae is good for miles...17km is the distance I know someone has flown with this system...

you decide..less watts means less range but less interference with radio stuff..

up to you..!
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:25 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
witespy...just a note --the local airport is allowing me to fly my RC stuff at the old grass runway during a festival..
Ill be flying the quad I got from you..I am very happy with it and hope to get orders for some for you.....lots of real pilots and most like RC stuff...ill try to get some vids of the event..

tkx all for the help..!!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:54 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJoe View Post
I started with a cheap china 2.4 setup for my fpv..of course I was usenig 72mhz

"cheaper" yea!...now that I have a 2.4 quad im ordering a 1280.."1.2"..from sunsky..800mwatt...1.2 is the best as far as Ive seen from the forums for 2.4..

transmitter on any flying thing.....

just think...the first cordless phones were 900..long range..everybody could hear you as well as interference..then cam 2.4..better but security systems screwed up the phones...then came 5.8.. great no interference..but no distance..walls stopped the signal.....

1.2 in USA is only legal at 1280...and you need a ham license....

it travels..100mwatts..is good for"around 500 feet...you can get better antenna's and make it better..800mwatts with a long range antennae is good for miles...17km is the distance I know someone has flown with this system...

you decide..less watts means less range but less interference with radio stuff..

up to you..!
Thanks for this. So that's why I'm thinking of getting a 200mw system. But does 2.4ghz interfere with my 2.4ghz Spektrum control (apologies if it's a newb question)?
BayAreaCrasher is offline Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
Old Jul 22, 2011, 08:39 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
yes 2.4ghz video does interfere with 2.4ghz Spektrum control
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Jul 22, 2011, 08:43 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Also with them Now, every order exceed 200USD will be shipped free using EMS,3-7 days to all over the world.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:15 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
yes 2.4ghz video does interfere with 2.4ghz Spektrum control
ok
what Ive experienced is that the 2.4 video goes out but doesn't interfere with the 2.4 radio control..

I was flying my glider fpv when a guy at the field started to fly his heli...

my vid went scrambled but didnt do anything to him...he broght it back down and waited for me to land...
he thought that since he was 2.4

It didnt matter to turn on and fly..not realizing I was on 2.4 vid and 72 radio..

all was ok cause I was close to the area and not out far so I was able to just remove my goggles and fly LOS till I got signal again!!

I don't know if he was on dms2 or Fast..!!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:29 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
2.4 video + 2.4 radio control = crash

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=977574

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=18
Old Jul 23, 2011, 03:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,087 Posts
so what kind of flight times are people getting with the quad? would be cool to know what battery specs + flight time. I'm just trying to gauge what the times should be for me because I have no clue right now

got another flight out today. still pretty wobbly with the gopro, not sure if it's the conditions or something I need to change in the settings.

here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxPjt6JDH-o
BayAreaCrasher is offline Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
Last edited by BayAreaCrasher; Jul 23, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:27 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
As usual unless you are comfortable with changing the software in your quad please don't do it. With that said Just tried some variation to PID settings shown on the board. Not bad. Didn't try baro since residential area and don't need the thing going nuts on me. Posted settings on beginning of video. Also tried it on Dev. 714 and wasn't too bad either. PID's still need tweaking but figured I show flight since actions speak louder than words LOL
Quad setting dev.710 (2 min 42 sec)
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:35 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
Yeah, this is still a black art and what works for one person may not work at all for the next. You have to decide what you want to do initially and try something. Personally, I would not start out with distance goals as you may get very frustrated. I don't care about flying a mile away, so this dictated what I could start with which was considerably cheaper than the "I want to fly 6 miles away," guys.

Edit: The long distance thing might be all that for some guys, but I think that type of flying is boring. I strive to fly very low level short distances and buzz objects!
Exactly my thoughts on how I want to do my fpv when I get setup. That's why a lot of my video's I'm flying so close to the ground. There will be times I want to be just off the surface so that's where I practice a lot. Think I'll be doing the 5.8 too just not sure from who.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:41 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
I have been playing with Dev. 714 too.

The mag is lock solid. I feel another dev coming soon.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 07:03 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
I have been playing with Dev. 714 too.

The mag is lock solid. I feel another dev coming soon.
Yup yer right the mag is lock solid vs. Dev. 710 Keep running out to the yard to try more even though it's an oven out there. Next video I do I'll add the screen shot of PID again. Be nice if more people would post them with their videos either in the video or in the posting. Just gives us more to try. I would never have gone to these extreme (I thought) settings if I didn't see someone else post the shot. Oh well got more props so if I mess up it'll only delay me a little. Saving my pennies for FPV now hehe
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:46 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,985 Posts
Setting up my Witespy

Got my quad from Paul (beautiful) and am about to do the setup. The first questions I have is about expo. Do I need to set the expo on both my transmitter and the quad? Or just one of them? Is the expo setting in the software there for those that might not have expo on the transmitter?

Also, can someone give me a link or a quick rundown of PID for dummies? How does changing them affect flight? I've read through the ~ 1600 posts but am pretty lost on what P, I, and D actually are and how adjusting one affects the other.

Thanks,

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jul 24, 2011, 05:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Definition for PID

http://www.multiwii.com/?page_id=104

Proportional coefficient: alone, it may achieve stabilization. This coefficient determines the importance of action on the engines in relation with the values measured by the gyroscopes. The higher the coefficient, the higher the tricopter seems more “rigid” versus angular deviation. If it is too low, the multicopter will appear soft and will be harder to keep steady. One can “feel” this setting by handling the tricopter and trying to change its orientation: the higher the parameter, the higher the opposition is important. In practice, this parameter must be set alone and increased up to be the limit for obtaining small oscillations. If too high, the system becomes unstable by amplifying the oscillations.

Integral coefficient : this coefficient can increase the precision of the angular position. In practice, when the tricopter is disturbed and its angle changes, the term Integral remembers the disruption and apply a correction to the engines to get the right angle. We can see this term as an heading hold factor. Typically if you take handfuls the multicopter and try to force it into a position, the engines will continue for some time to counteract the action. Without this term, the opposition does not last as long. This way, the angular position can be steady and accurate even with irregular wind, or during ground effect. However, the increase of this ratio often involves a reaction speed decrease and a decrease of the Proportional coefficient as a consequence. Compared to the conventional PID algorithm, I decided to cancel this term in the presence of strong angular variations. This strategy allows a safer behaviour in case of looping or hard shaking.

Derivative coefficient: this coefficient allows the tricopter to reach more quickly the requested attitude. In practice it will amplify the reaction speed of the system, and in certain cases an increase of the Proportional term. By cons, this parameters induces more noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
Got my quad from Paul (beautiful) and am about to do the setup. The first questions I have is about expo. Do I need to set the expo on both my transmitter and the quad? Or just one of them? Is the expo setting in the software there for those that might not have expo on the transmitter?

Also, can someone give me a link or a quick rundown of PID for dummies? How does changing them affect flight? I've read through the ~ 1600 posts but am pretty lost on what P, I, and D actually are and how adjusting one affects the other.

Thanks,

Azarr
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo