Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
having some fun..

Do not get sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yNtGQnC3dU
That was great. It seemed the quad was a little off balance after that and had to sit down.
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:55 PM
United States, CA, Monterey Park
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
What settings did you use to get that kind of yaw speed? Mine turns like a snail....which is probably a good thing until I master flying the quad

Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
having some fun..

Do not get sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yNtGQnC3dU
LocoFlyer is offline Find More Posts by LocoFlyer
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:06 AM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
610 Posts
Loco - Raise the yaw rate a little.
mattchase is online now Find More Posts by mattchase
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:23 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,076 Posts
hey guys, been exploring a beginner FPV system for my quad. Do you guys think this is a good setup?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15126

Or is there a slightly better but around the same system? Sounds like Fatsharks are pretty much the way to go so the question really is about TX/RX. I'm going to be using my GoPro for the video output.
BayAreaCrasher is online now Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:58 PM
North Sweden
Joined Jun 2007
594 Posts
FatSharks are good stuff. I use their goggles and they work just fine. Since you are gonna use the GoPro as camera i guess u already bought the video cable to connect to the Tx.
cyberdog is offline Find More Posts by cyberdog
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:06 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,076 Posts
yeah, i have a cable that i can use to output to the TX. My question is more I guess on the other items that would be necessary. I'm thining a 500-800m range would be good to start? And what batter would I need etc?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:19 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderLustMan View Post
yeah, i have a cable that i can use to output to the TX. My question is more I guess on the other items that would be necessary. I'm thining a 500-800m range would be good to start? And what batter would I need etc?
My experience so far with 5.8ghz on my Quadrino quad has been very positive. I'm running the FoxTech 200mw system with CP antennas with Spektrum RC link. I fly near my home with little issues LOS out to 150M +. At a recent meet here in CO, I got out to about 1/3 mile with a nice clean link in open field. I use the FatShark base goggles with mine.

So you may want to look into CP antennas to replace the stock FS ones for longer distances. For a battery you can go separates or try powering the quad and video gear off a single lipo for simplicity. I use one 3S 3000/4000 pack to power everything with an in-line filter for the power leads on the Vtx. I really like to manage a single battery, quick and easy.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:23 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,076 Posts
awesome info. thanks man. what kind of in-line filter do you use? that seems like a cleaner route for me too. would be cooler.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,076 Posts
this is the Foxtech system you got?

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-58...-mi-p-178.html
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:01 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Quote:
awesome info. thanks man. what kind of in-line filter do you use? that seems like a cleaner route for me too. would be cooler.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=17
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:02 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,076 Posts
even better. will read that thread.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:06 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Quote:
this is the Foxtech system you got?

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-58...-mi-p-178.html
I think that is it. Mine has a Hobby Wireless sticker on it from the person I purchased it from, but I think this is sold in multiple locations stateside and abroad. I think the Hobby King one is it too... but not 100% sure.

The all in one 5.8ghz FS combo seems very interesting, but I have heard that people end up swapping out the Vtx with something bigger, so I went with separates. The number one thing that makes the combo look attractive to me is the simplicity of the ground station. Just grab the goggles and go!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:06 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
cool post .

I really want to try a 5.8 system .

what about 1.2 or 1.3 systems ?
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:07 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I think that is it. Mine has a Hobby Wireless sticker on it from the person I purchased it from, but I think this is sold in multiple locations stateside and abroad. I think the Hobby King one is it too... but not 100% sure.

The all in one 5.8ghz FS combo seems very interesting, but I have heard that people end up swapping out the Vtx with something bigger, so I went with separates. The number one thing that makes the combo look attractive to me is the simplicity of the ground station. Just grab the goggles and go!
yeah that was my thought too. the HK system seems a bit more plug and fly type thing no?