SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 05, 2011, 09:59 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdnunoc View Post
So the Stryker-Q is marketed as having an airfoil that's better suited to high speed, eh?
Do we have an idea as of now what that means? Thinner? More symmetrical?

The main things that appear to keep the Q from being as suited to high power and high speed are the canopy that restricts cooling air to the motor, and the possible inability to run the Custom RC Parts Stryker motor mount.
I think these things can be worked around by making custom hatches or using a Stryker C hatch, and modding the trailing edge to mount the Custom RC Parts mount.

If the Q has an airfoil that truly is more suited to high speed, I'm super interested in it, as long as it can still run the high power it takes to get high speed. (I'm the fool who has packed 11S 4000mah into his Stryker to get 195mph)
Sounds like biggest limitation is going to be battery space. For me 100 mph on a 3 cell would be enough to make me interested. I'm hopeful that just a basic battery upgrade will provide that.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2011, 10:03 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,327 Posts
been readiing your post's for quite a while now murdnunoc and just now realise your name is conundrum lol
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Apr 05, 2011, 10:06 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar View Post
Sounds like biggest limitation is going to be battery space. For me 100 mph on a 3 cell would be enough to make me interested. I'm hopeful that just a basic battery upgrade will provide that.
I really cant see just a batt upgrade getting you to 100mph level flight.But a new motor and lipo may.
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:23 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
If the Stryker Q does indeed have a speedier airfoil, 3S 2200 may have a chance at scratching 100mph.
The Stryker C takes around 600W to get 100mph. If the Q can do it on 500W, that'd be only 45A or so, which is in the range of a decent 2200 pack.
Depending on the stock motor's capabilities, it may be able to handle that kind of power, too, given the right prop choice.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:24 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar View Post
Meaning I'll have to settle for 8S 4000mah??
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:25 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer View Post
been readiing your post's for quite a while now murdnunoc and just now realise your name is conundrum lol
Hee yep.
It's a backward puzzle, so it's simple!
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:34 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1 Posts
ya that would be nice if they but some reallly tiny wheels on there so you dont have 2 bellly land. touch and go's would be a blast
MrDoNoWrong is offline Find More Posts by MrDoNoWrong
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:56 PM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjet View Post
Coming soon! A new thread!

The F-27Q complainers tread. This thread will be available for people who are not interested in a thread for the new completely redesigned F-27Q Stryker. If you don't like to post on the other Stryker thread and prefer to post here to complain about a thread for a new airplane that hasn't been released yet, this thread is for you!
And for all you folks who don't like to ride horses......we've got horses that don't like to be ridden! Heehaw!
NOTAR 600 is online now Find More Posts by NOTAR 600
Old Apr 06, 2011, 05:01 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
I am anxiously waiting for some more videos. I thought there would be some from Toledo Weak Signals show up by now.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Apr 06, 2011, 07:56 AM
Miami, FL
Joined Mar 2007
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
I really cant see just a batt upgrade getting you to 100mph level flight.But a new motor and lipo may.
i'm pretty sure he meant a motor upgrade that can still run on 3s. replacing the factory 3s with another 3s really won't get you much in the way off speed unless the original one wasn't strong enough to begin with.
Figure.N9ne is offline Find More Posts by Figure.N9ne
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:13 AM
Fly it like you stole it!
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoNoWrong View Post
ya that would be nice if they but some reallly tiny wheels on there so you dont have 2 bellly land. touch and go's would be a blast
You can do touch N go's with the C, you just gotta practice it, and really know what you're doing. If you come in like you're landing with power off, (maybe a bit more speed than normal) then just barely "skip" the grass while your airspeed is still fairly high, you can then power up and take back off after the plane is back off the ground.

I'd recommend bringing a few extra props with you though, chances are you'll likely trash one from powering up too early while practicing this.
ODUsurfer is offline Find More Posts by ODUsurfer
Old Apr 06, 2011, 09:12 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdnunoc View Post
Meaning I'll have to settle for 8S 4000mah??
I agree. Previously I would have thought 3s and 100 mph with foam were not compatible. However, look at the new funjet ultra doing 120 or so on a 3s pack and you know it's possible. Whether or not this new Stryker airfoil is efficient enough to do it I guess we'll see. It would be nice though given that you don't have a lot of battery space reportedly.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Apr 06, 2011, 10:05 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODUsurfer View Post
You can do touch N go's with the C, you just gotta practice it, and really know what you're doing. If you come in like you're landing with power off, (maybe a bit more speed than normal) then just barely "skip" the grass while your airspeed is still fairly high, you can then power up and take back off after the plane is back off the ground.
+1 Touch and goes are a lot of fun with the C. Just come in to land a little hot and skip off the ground and go WOT. Lots of fun. Should be even better with the Q
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 06, 2011, 10:17 AM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:

I'd recommend bringing a few extra props with you though, chances are you'll likely trash one from powering up too early while practicing this.
One of the guys in my club does touch and goes on asphalt and grass. The bottom of his C is completely flat. It also weighs an extra seven ounces from all the tape and glue repairs from many many crashes. But it still flies well...
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Apr 06, 2011, 07:17 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,138 Posts
Quote:
You can do touch N go's with the C
If you have a nice breeze coming down the runway, it makes it easy to do.
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet