HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:15 PM
Bedford, Mass. USA
Joined Dec 2007
386 Posts
I have the Funjet Ultra, the C and now the Q.

The Ultra is quicker than either with the Grayson setup. Very fast and a LOT of fun to fly although it will get away from you easily due to the gray color.

The Q is my absolute favorite and I only have two flights on it. It's been raining this week and I also lost one of my flying fields (close to home, large, and easily accessible; now gone due to road expansion). Have to travel 40 minutes now to fly, so when there is break in the rain I can't get to the field in time before more rain shows up.

The C has always been my all-around favorite plane because of how much fun it is to fly. The Q has already stolen that position and will only get better as I learn it.

Tonight I will mod the ailerons to keep them in place (drill a hole and add a small bolt through them) and probably some epoxy to be 100% covered.
javabeans is offline Find More Posts by javabeans
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:19 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
This stryker would be a candidate for a telemetry module, or at least an audible battery alarm, being this thing has such a wide flight envelope. I set my timer to 6 min, and have hit LVC before the timer goes off doing speed tests at mostly WOT, and have had 2.2Ah packs come down requiring only 1Ah to be put back when just flying around, doing parachutes, spins, and gliding. The only other plane I have that is similarly hard to predict flight times with is my Radian Pro, a battery might hit LVC in 10 minutes, or only drain 1/2 of a 1.8Ah over an hour long flight. That plane has the telemetry module, and it is worth every penny. In either case, setting a timer to run when throttle is 25% or over does help a bit if you do a lot of power off gliding or elevators/spins, setting for 6min with this feature usually gives me about 6:30-7min flight.
Telemetry works great on the Stryker. I have the DX8 with the TM1100 module. I set the Pack Voltage alarm to 9.6v and fly until the alarm sounds on a high speed pass. Seems to be about 6 or 7 mins.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
Telemetry works great on the Stryker. I have the DX8 with the TM1100 module. I set the Pack Voltage alarm to 9.6v and fly until the alarm sounds on a high speed pass. Seems to be about 6 or 7 mins.
Where did you mount that extra module? The AR600 is already really tight.
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:34 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
Where did you mount that extra module? The AR600 is already really tight.
I mounted it just ahead of the RX on the right side in an upright position. According to what I have read on the DX8 thread, the telemetry module will not interfere with the RX.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:00 PM
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Dec 1996
354 Posts
Has anyone ripped out the piece of plastic that the ESC and battery attach to? I would rather just use a strip of velco instead of the straps and I think this will provide some more room in the compartment as well. It looks like it's glued it with some type of gorilla glue, so removing it cleanly may require some work.
cnims is offline Find More Posts by cnims
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:11 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnims View Post
Has anyone ripped out the piece of plastic that the ESC and battery attach to? I would rather just use a strip of velco instead of the straps and I think this will provide some more room in the compartment as well. It looks like it's glued it with some type of gorilla glue, so removing it cleanly may require some work.
I was already thinking of that... one of the battery tie-down straps ripped off on me yesterday while securing the batteries..
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:29 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,024 Posts
I was going go buy three horns BUT the linkage holes aren't out as far as stock I don't think

Unless these are different than the Du Bros I looked at

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:32 PM
Mines faster than your's
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2007
728 Posts
Bone stock my fastest pass was 103.7mph measured using rcspeedo app on my phone. I wonder how acurate it is....

Has anyone else measured their speed with something?

I can't wait till the speed mods start. Will that be a seperate thread?
Texasredrider is offline Find More Posts by Texasredrider
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:35 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
Prices seem decent but "We currently sell to customers in the USA only. International orders not accepted, including Canada." is a bit if a no go for some of us
[QUOTE=kuczy;18577357]They are a little shallow compared to the C, but once you get a good feel down it's pretty easy. Here is how I've been launching mine. With 2 fingers in back of the nubs it's like throwing a Baseball.

By the way the HS-65 HB's worked like a charm today. Sucks I already have had a stripped servo.

thanks for the pics! been having a little difficulty launching my q so ill try your method. hopefully get better results.
noobiznessflying is offline Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:47 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,848 Posts
Texasredrider,

No need for a separate thread.

The same way some people may not care so much for finer points of 3D, paint jobs, or airframe mods....some people may not care for power system mods.

It is best for everyone to just skip the posts that do not interest them....and to be respectful and considerate of others.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:10 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasredrider View Post
Bone stock my fastest pass was 103.7mph measured using rcspeedo app on my phone. I wonder how acurate it is....
Was that taken coming out of a dive?
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:23 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
thanks for the info on flying in wind everyone...
I wouldn't have a problem flying in the wind if I could find my charger and batteries :-) I lost them in the move! I believe they are under some furniture in the garage :-)
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:38 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Guys, mine's ready to go...just a q...

I was stunned at how shallow the HL indents on the udnerside of the fuse are. It's not that I have gorilla fingers but it was even hard for me to get a good grip on the plane. Compared to the indents on the C, these seem half as deep.

Ok the q: has anybody hogged out some foam in these indents, to get a little more depth?? I'll put a velcro strip on each indent regardless; I was just wondering if I could get another 5mm deep.

thx
Jeff
Adding velcro sound like a good idea... Anybody else use that trick?
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:41 PM
Joined Aug 2010
69 Posts
I guess I am just spoiled what with the last few planes I have gotten had a built in carrying case. When I picked up the Stryker, I found it didn't fit into the box after the fins were attached.

Really liking the protection the cases afforded, I set out to make a case for the Stryker using the styro from the box it came in as a base for construction.

First thing, was to get it to fit back into the styro tray it came in by cutting out relief for the fins to fit.

Then I cut 7" strips of cardboard to fit around the styro part, spray gluing and duct taping the entire frame.

Next I made some straps out of Gorilla tape, a kitchen sponge and some velcro to secure the wings into their cradles.

Braided rope serves as a handle.

The yard stick is glued to the bottom of the frame of cardboard to help prevent the fins getting crushed by being dropped or something.

I still need to get a lid and a back piece for it. I think I will probably just use duct tape and cardboard
kpw555 is offline Find More Posts by kpw555
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:45 PM
Joined Aug 2010
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Texasredrider,

No need for a separate thread.

The same way some people may not care so much for finer points of 3D, paint jobs, or airframe mods....some people may not care for power system mods.

It is best for everyone to just skip the posts that do not interest them....and to be respectful and considerate of others.

Gryphon

What spectacular advice!!!!!
kpw555 is offline Find More Posts by kpw555