HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:29 AM
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
would 25 steady winds be a good condition to maiden this bird? I am getting tired of waiting.
The plane can handle it provided you keep your speed up, Strykers have always been the gold standard for a windy day parkflyer, it's stable at slow airspeeds, and the rudders help going crosswind, so it is even better than the C in the wind. Depending on your skill level, and previous experience, it may be a good idea to wait for winds under 10mph, but if you are comfortable flying aerobatic planes, and comfortable in some wind, then the Q won't dissapoint.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:54 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,626 Posts
Its beyond me why they would of used backplates on the Rudder and not the Aileron horns.
If anything they should of put backplates on the AIl and just the glued in on the Rudd. I'm not sure i even trust Epoxy on the horns. At high speeds if it rips out or you have any kind of mishap its just going too rip a square chunk clean out of the AIl. I like just gluing my horns in my Cheap scratch builds and cost me 30Bucks RTF. Not a $200-250 investment lol
Ill be picking up some backplated horns the day i pick up this Beast!!!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:05 AM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
369 Posts
Can someone please provide the part number for these backplated control horns. Thanks.
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:09 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
Can someone please provide the part number for these backplated control horns. Thanks.
http://shop.dubro.com/products/produ...4.0.0.0?pp=12&
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:11 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,626 Posts
http://shop.dubro.com/products/produ...4.0.0.0?pp=12&
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...?ProdID=DUB107
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:12 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
I think you can use the ones from the old Stryker, the back plates look to be about the right size. Just drill some holes in the existing horns and bolt on the back plates.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:28 AM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
369 Posts
Awesome. Thanks guys!
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:28 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
would 25 steady winds be a good condition to maiden this bird? I am getting tired of waiting.
Ijust flew mine in very gusty 20-25 mph winds. I flew on high rates for a while, but found that it was WAY to twitchy so I flipped Elevons to lows and left the Elevator and Rudders on highs. I landed all on lows. It does really well in the higher winds.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:44 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I have both. I've been flying the C for many years now. The Q is a better out of the box plane hands down. It's faster and more maneuverable. It also flies slow better and it hold high alpha a lot better. It does everything the C does, but it does them better and it does things that are impossible the C to do without serious mods.
I think he was wanting to know who had a funjet ultra and a stryker q to compare, not a c and a q.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:51 AM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I think he was wanting to know who had a funjet ultra and a stryker q to compare, not a c and a q.
Oh.... I haven't slept more than a few hours in about 5 days.... Must have missed that
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:17 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Its beyond me why they would of used backplates on the Rudder and not the Aileron horns.
If anything they should of put backplates on the AIl and just the glued in on the Rudd. I'm not sure i even trust Epoxy on the horns. At high speeds if it rips out or you have any kind of mishap its just going too rip a square chunk clean out of the AIl. I like just gluing my horns in my Cheap scratch builds and cost me 30Bucks RTF. Not a $200-250 investment lol
Ill be picking up some backplated horns the day i pick up this Beast!!!
Does make it look like a assembly error for sure!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:27 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post

I can compare an FJ orig (not Ultra) w/ the Grayson power upgrade to the F-27C...in case anybody's looking at these two.
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:32 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,137 Posts
The Handlaunch Indent.....????

Guys, mine's ready to go...just a q...

I was stunned at how shallow the HL indents on the udnerside of the fuse are. It's not that I have gorilla fingers but it was even hard for me to get a good grip on the plane. Compared to the indents on the C, these seem half as deep.

Ok the q: has anybody hogged out some foam in these indents, to get a little more depth?? I'll put a velcro strip on each indent regardless; I was just wondering if I could get another 5mm deep.

thx
Jeff
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:43 PM
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Guys, mine's ready to go...just a q...

I was stunned at how shallow the HL indents on the udnerside of the fuse are. It's not that I have gorilla fingers but it was even hard for me to get a good grip on the plane. Compared to the indents on the C, these seem half as deep.

Ok the q: has anybody hogged out some foam in these indents, to get a little more depth?? I'll put a velcro strip on each indent regardless; I was just wondering if I could get another 5mm deep.

thx
Jeff
They do feel a bit shallow perhaps,but Im getting used to it. One things for sure,I saw someone posted earlier on,Perhaps coating the inside of the grips with a light/med CA. At less than 25 flights,Mines already developing tears where the thumb and forefingers would usually sit.
Cant say enough about how easy using a throttle cut switch on the hand launches. Just roll up the gas to 65-90%,throw and hit the switch at the same time,Not even throwin that hard,haven't even had a close call. Just hoping the hand grip survives for awhile...
The shallowness of it,does seem to make you feel like you have to grip it tighter than the old stryker. = more grip wear. ?
Mingus The Red is offline Find More Posts by Mingus The Red
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:02 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
They are a little shallow compared to the C, but once you get a good feel down it's pretty easy. Here is how I've been launching mine. With 2 fingers in back of the nubs it's like throwing a Baseball.

By the way the HS-65 HB's worked like a charm today. Sucks I already have had a stripped servo.

RCG Plus Member