HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:48 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
Just got back after 6 more flights with the Q. Awesome awesome awesome. I'm finally getting the hang of launching with no power. Out of the 6 hand launches, only once did she end up on the ground. Still getting used to the rudder control as I can't really do any coordinated movements with them.
noobiznessflying is online now Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:51 PM
Fly it like you stole it!
USA, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2009
832 Posts
Yall are making me jealous! My Q is sitting on the dining room table waiting to get in the air!
chevypower1930 is offline Find More Posts by chevypower1930
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:54 PM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Feb 2006
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATIS View Post
I flew her again tonight. She is a blast. I made an unscheduled single point landing... held the flat spin too long and couldnt get out fast enough....you need more then 25 feet to straighten out and power up. LOL

As for HL, I use my thumb and my ring finger in the finger holes and use my pointer and middle finger set on the motor mount screws. This gives me the ability to sling the tail forward like a fork pitch for baseball. I launch at a 50* nose up angle and once away I hit the throttle hard and she is off and flying with about 5 feet of space between her and the ground.
How are you getting it to get into a flat spin? Is it controlled or uncontrolled? I can hover it down and get it to sorta spiral but nothing like a true flat spin.
Rooster433 is offline Find More Posts by Rooster433
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:21 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
359 Posts
How did they route the long antenna on the BNF version? I got the PNP and I routed my long antenna inside the white fuselage cover, past the ESC, and then taped it to the foam before the battery tray. Is this a safe place for the antenna or do you guys think it should be outside the fuselage?
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:25 PM
Fly it like you stole it!
USA, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
How did they route the long antenna on the BNF version? I got the PNP and I routed my long antenna inside the white fuselage cover, past the ESC, and then taped it to the foam before the battery tray. Is this a safe place for the antenna or do you guys think it should be outside the fuselage?
Judging from this picture from Parkzone... you did it the correct way! I did it my own way haha
chevypower1930 is offline Find More Posts by chevypower1930
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:28 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiznessflying View Post
Just got back after 6 more flights with the Q. Awesome awesome awesome. I'm finally getting the hang of launching with no power. Out of the 6 hand launches, only once did she end up on the ground. Still getting used to the rudder control as I can't really do any coordinated movements with them.
-- After 6 first-day HLs, I've concluded that throttle-on (about 60%) launching works best for me. The grip isn't good enough to make a strong power-off launch.

-- Re the rudder/coordinated turn issue, I'm considering an aileron/rudder mix. I'm still pretty new at this -- and on previous planes I've found that an A/R mix helps me make smoother turns (and avoid crashes). Do you guys think this would be equally true with the F-27Q?

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:02 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Is the AR600 a decent RX?
I guess you haven't had her up yet? I'm debating if i should put a Satt on my OrangeRX. As of right now i don't have a spare one!! But i think ill be fine with just the OrangeRX. Its a Great parkflyer RX.

I'd like to know why they never used the same horns on the Ailerons as on the Rudder!!
The Rudd horns have a back plate w/screws!! I'm either going too swap the rudder horns too the Ail's or pick a pack up at lhs. Ic that some have just epoxied/CA'ed them in, but i like the security of them screwed in!!
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:17 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
-- After 6 first-day HLs, I've concluded that throttle-on (about 60%) launching works best for me. The grip isn't good enough to make a strong power-off launch.

-- Re the rudder/coordinated turn issue, I'm considering an aileron/rudder mix. I'm still pretty new at this -- and on previous planes I've found that an A/R mix helps me make smoother turns (and avoid crashes). Do you guys think this would be equally true with the F-27Q?

Which way are you planning on mixing the Rudd? With the AIL or against?

Im not sure, i guess testing it well be best!! I agree mixing R/E helps alot It helps coordinated turns and helps with adverse Yaw. I've never flown any of the Stryker models, but i think its more of a bank and yank plane. If you mix R/A on a wing that is doing some high speed turns maybe mixing against the AIl would help her stay level in a big wide turn. Mix it with(towards) the Ail and i think the the ground will come up very fast at 60-90mph.

As for HL's!! I think im going too stick with power off toss's or underhand Frisbee toss with left hand and right hand on the right stick. Just set some throttle with your right hand before tossing.
I just don't want too cut the crap out of my hand!! And with motor mounted lower, i can see it happening alot.

Play safe!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:30 AM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
359 Posts
Does anyone have video of the side arm (or frisbee) style launch for this new Stryker? It sounds like a very safe way to launch it with power, but I'm wondering why we haven't seen any video yet. I plan on trying this style when I'm finally able to maiden, but a video would make me feel better about it
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:33 AM
Joined May 2009
18 Posts
Christmas came early

all four of these beauties came in yesterday.. i took out the q first..powerless had launches worked great for me..great plane..picked up the f27c rtf for 85 bucks...so i have both stykers.and my new dx5e and my umx beast...what a great day..i love the rudders and the magnetic nose
HeliorPlane is offline Find More Posts by HeliorPlane
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:47 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
Does anyone have video of the side arm (or frisbee) style launch for this new Stryker? It sounds like a very safe way to launch it with power, but I'm wondering why we haven't seen any video yet. I plan on trying this style when I'm finally able to maiden, but a video would make me feel better about it
There are some vids around of side tossing your plane. I just found this one on a quick search. He don't actually demonstrate the launch,but do give a few good tips.
Someone awhile back was talking about how the Q torque rolls on launch!! Too much power on launch.
How To Hand Launch a ParkJet (5 min 0 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Jun 23, 2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:49 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliorPlane View Post
all four of these beauties came in yesterday.. i took out the q first..powerless had launches worked great for me..great plane..picked up the f27c rtf for 85 bucks...so i have both stykers.and my new dx5e and my umx beast...what a great day..i love the rudders and the magnetic nose
Looks great HeliorPlane!!!
Christmas came early WOW i want too see what you get for Xmas when it rolls around again for yea!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:02 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
i haven't seen anyone really talk about flight times.. What are ya'll setting the timer at on 3s 2200?

Sorry if i missed it, there is been alot of good stuff on here now that alot of people have gotten planes.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:04 AM
Joined May 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Looks great HeliorPlane!!!
Christmas came early WOW i want too see what you get for Xmas when it rolls around again for yea!!
haha i got a few jets and a bipe for christmas haha

i the q is so beautiful..i noticed how bad the canopy was on the f27c i love the qs magnetic canopy
HeliorPlane is offline Find More Posts by HeliorPlane
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:11 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
i haven't seen anyone really talk about flight times.. What are ya'll setting the timer at on 3s 2200?

Sorry if i missed it, there is been alot of good stuff on here now that alot of people have gotten planes.
I think i read that 6-7 mins is the norm with average flying. I'm going too Prob set mine too 6 mins and see what i'm left with after that. I always say im going too take it easy on a Maiden of any plane. But usually after 3-4 mins i start ripping it!! lol
Ive never had a Plane that can do these speeds so maybe ill take it easy for the whole flight!! NOT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliorPlane View Post
haha i got a few jets and a bipe for christmas haha

i the q is so beautiful..i noticed how bad the canopy was on the f27c i love the qs magnetic canopy
Nice, hows your AIl Horns? Do they look like there going too fail and rip out of the foam seeing there glued on the paint with out screwed back plates like the Rudder horns?
RCG Plus Member