Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:43 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Just got mine today. This is pretty cool.
And I didn't even get to fly yet. I can't wait for the maiden!

I didn't get to set the speed brakes up yet because I don't have any 3" extensions.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:58 PM
Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2004
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpw555 View Post
The battery compartment is pretty tight. I would say that it would probably need to be deepened to accept 4s. It might go though.
I checked and 4s 2200 will fit stock with no mods. I also messed around with balance a bit, you can shift everything back almost 1 inch which on such a short airfame should help heavier packs balance.

I personally would not run the stock motor on 4S, I can't see it lasting very long.
Ping is offline Find More Posts by Ping
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:02 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,187 Posts
My motor was warm with the 3s 40c 2200. I would think on 4s it wouldn't last long.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:04 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
not getting many videos on here yet!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:05 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,444 Posts
Just got mine tonight... working on a review for another forum so video to follow.
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:32 PM
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
892 Posts
Did another video. This time with a lot of hand launch footage, speed test(using rcspeedo doppler app), some slow flight with vertical pulls, parachutes(simple, but my favorite move with this plane), and a few spins, stalls, and aerobatics.

F-27Q stryker testing (5 min 27 sec)

After today's flying, I did a simple ground test, and found the right side elevon servo grinding at full travel, sounded stripped, so I took it apart, no missing teeth, just looked like there was enough flex in the case for the teeth to skip, only thumped that side once on a botched handlaunch(forgot to flip off throttle hold). So now it is wearing a pair of HS-5085s I had for another project. Swapping servos is easy with a couple simple changes. First is that the servos are installed from under the wing(somewhat obvious, but perhaps not to those new to RC). Simply peel back the tape over the servos, taking care not to tear it, the servos use that soft silicone glue, so they pull out easily. You need to cut a small square hole around the servo lead where it goes under the rear skids/bottom of rudders, this allows you to to get the plug through. Then peel back the tape over the leads, pull out the old servos, and fish the new ones through the holes you cut in the fins, and through the fuse to the RX. I use hot glue on the servo, it's strong, easy to work with, and easy to remove if needed. Haven't got to fly it yet with the new servos, but they feel quicker and stronger without making a peep, so should be good.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
Last edited by alucard0822; Jun 22, 2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:15 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Mike

Those are good lipos BUT don't run them full throttle all the time as they'll wear out

The same lipo with higher discharge wouid be better for the Q

Like 40C and over
Cool ive sense ordered 3 trgy 2200's ,i got a email notafatcation they were in stock. got 3 for 35Bucks. Now jsut wiat for them, But postal stike is not going too help with shipping times. Hopeyfulyl they get that worked out!! Im already waiting for 2 orders for that TitanJet and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
Am I missing something? I thought the Stryker is suppose to be launched with no throttle due to the pusher prop poising a danger to your hand or fingers. I have seen youtube post
of someones fingers being cut almost to the bone from hand launching the Stryker with the throttle on.
Yea, i Don't think ill be overhand tossing it with Power on!! Ill Like power on 50%ish, with the left handed wing toss while right stick has control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
You can get batteries just as cheap at valuehobby.com, and they have deans on them already. Fast shipping and great customer service.
Cool thanks for the link. I don't use Deans all my Batterys are from HK, so the first thing ill be doing is snipping the EC3 connectors off that 40ESC and replacing with a XT60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
What size of CF rod to back of control surfaces would be sufficient? .5 mm?
I think he used a flat spar.
Im going too use 6K CF tow.

ic some of the guys are replacing the horns altogether!! Its strange that PZ would have the horns that screw to the back-plate on the rudders, but not on the Ailerons!!
Did i see that right? i was watching a Vid last night and im sure i seen it on the Rudders?
Well i should get mine last next week!! SICCKK
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Jun 21, 2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:08 AM
Wadmalaw Island ,SC
Joined Dec 2003
2,349 Posts
Picked up the Q today and heaved it this evening.stock . Good fun !
the Swamp Fox is offline Find More Posts by the Swamp Fox
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:05 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new to RC groups and this thread so I just thought I'd introduce myself. Don't worry I'm not new to The hobby though, I've been into RC planes for the past few years now and I'm itching to get my hands on the f-27q. Thanks to everyone who has posted about the setup, modifications and minor problems with then new airframe. It will certainly be useful for when I prepare mine for its maiden

Good news to those living in the UK, I just called HH UK and they told me that the Q's should hit the shelves at all UK hobby shops by the end of the week. Not long to wait now
Sam K is offline Find More Posts by Sam K
Last edited by Sam K; Jun 21, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:38 AM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Weather looks bad till Thursday. Subscribed!
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:50 AM
United Kingdom, Horsham
Joined Jun 2011
1 Posts
f 27q

i to want one just waiting for uk delivery i hav bin told 2 weeks ??
horsham rc is offline Find More Posts by horsham rc
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:07 AM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
315 Posts
just got mine late yesterday. Gonna try for a maiden flight today if the weather holds out. What kind of speeds are you guy's getting on 4s?
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
just got mine late yesterday. Gonna try for a maiden flight today if the weather holds out. What kind of speeds are you guy's getting on 4s?
A few posts back guys were saying not to use 4 cells, the motors were getting too hot and will likely burn up
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:37 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Do you think this will be and issue? It seems when they cut the surface it was not cut straight. If so what is the best way to fix it?
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Last edited by Killab; Jun 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:55 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsham rc View Post
i to want one just waiting for uk delivery i hav bin told 2 weeks ??
As I said, the word from Horizon Hobby UK today was that the Q's would arrive in hobby shops by the end of the week

I live in Horsham too are you a member of Horsham district RC model club?
Sam K is offline Find More Posts by Sam K