HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:17 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,747 Posts
Mike

Those are good lipos BUT don't run them full throttle all the time as they'll wear out

The same lipo with higher discharge wouid be better for the Q

Like 40C and over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I would think you would need a Higher KV motor? The Stryker is 855g vs the SkyFuns weight of 550g. What size Prop did you use with that motor to get that speed? I guess the 4S would help. Were oyu using that 45A esc?

I was thinking of getting getting some 4S's for the Q, but i just ordered 3 of these. Not bad for $35 bucks Shipped.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8932

I got a 50A esc on the way in another order, but im not sure if it would handle 4S on the 480 2200kv Im thinking 60A esc would be a safe bet for a 4S on the Q's new motor.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:21 AM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Just had a reply from Lynne at HH UK and the says that the F27Q is due to land before the end of the month so we are looking at a couple of weeks or so for the UK and Europe, not so bad I think and well worth the wait for me.
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:10 AM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
100% throttle!! She must get going right from the get go!!
AMEN TO THAT!!!!

I mixed in a but of up elevator on my DX7, slaved to the flt-mode switch (I have the DX7 heli ver), so that when I'm self-launching I flick that switch up...as soon as I'm up and away I flick that switch back to norm.

In a zillion years I can't imaging launching at anything other than WOT...kinda like a jet airliner only using half-power at takeoff??
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:25 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,996 Posts
Just got the call from LHS.

Maiden tonight.

Finally.

What fun.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:30 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Excellent...my LHS down here says he'll have one for me Wed...can't wait to hear your maiden report!!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:35 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,310 Posts
if i were to try to launch some of my strykers at full power i'm not sure what would happen lol i have one i just point up,hit half throttle and it goes straight up quickly
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Jun 20, 2011, 01:58 PM
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Well,She arrived,no damage. First inspect seems pretty good. Nothing loose missing or warped. Won't have time to set her up till tomorrow,but hell,just glad it's in my hands after the dramatic wait! Maiden tomorrow,provided weather is good,and radio programing goes smoothly....
Mingus The Red is offline Find More Posts by Mingus The Red
Old Jun 20, 2011, 02:00 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker View Post
Just had a reply from Lynne at HH UK and the says that the F27Q is due to land before the end of the month so we are looking at a couple of weeks or so for the UK and Europe, not so bad I think and well worth the wait for me.
i called tjd models today and they told me middle of this week and sent out by the end of the week to pre orders.just have to see wot happens.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Jun 20, 2011, 02:31 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,380 Posts
I am late to the party in this thread, but have had my Stryker for a few days now.... WOW! This plane is fun!

I will do my best to catch up on all the info on this thread over the next several days, so I apologize if this has been covered already:

What alternatives to the stock PZ 6x6 prop is everyone using?
Is anyone using a folding prop?

Although the prop is supposed to spin out of the way when belly landing, mine did not and I have no spares... could someone send me in the right direction?

Is it just a standard 6x6 pusher prop, or does it have a unique design to it?

Can I use props from the original Stryker?
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:17 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer View Post
if i were to try to launch some of my strykers at full power i'm not sure what would happen lol i have one i just point up,hit half throttle and it goes straight up quickly
Am I missing something? I thought the Stryker is suppose to be launched with no throttle due to the pusher prop poising a danger to your hand or fingers. I have seen youtube post
of someones fingers being cut almost to the bone from hand launching the Stryker with the throttle on.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:44 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,380 Posts
I think most people that are launching with throttle are not using a traditional overhand throw, but instead launching it like a discus and eliminating any danger...

I will admit, I had some sketchy no throttle hand launches with the overhand method....

Anyone using other props besides the stock ones?
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:59 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Yea i may try from them. I did up a order and it was Cheaper then HK...Very surprising lol. I thought HK was the Cheapest lol.

EDIT: I just went a rechecked the pricing of 2 2200mahs. 2 Blue ones from Hobbyparts and 2 2200mahs Nano's 25-50C form HK. i was mistaken!!
The Nanos are 3-4 bucks cheaper. But that's not much of a difference!!.
Razor how were the shipping times from Hobbyparts!!
You can get batteries just as cheap at valuehobby.com, and they have deans on them already. Fast shipping and great customer service.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:07 PM
Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2004
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I think most people that are launching with throttle are not using a traditional overhand throw, but instead launching it like a discus and eliminating any danger...

I will admit, I had some sketchy no throttle hand launches with the overhand method....

Anyone using other props besides the stock ones?
I have a few CAM props to try out. It's going to be poor weather here for the next week sadly. They are very good props, but very fragile. I don't expect the speed increase to be worth the expense of changing props every other flight.

I've planted the stock prop a few times, once completely into the ground. Each time it came out fine.
Ping is offline Find More Posts by Ping
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:11 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
You can get batteries just as cheap at valuehobby.com, and they have deans on them already. Fast shipping and great customer service.
Prices seem decent but "We currently sell to customers in the USA only. International orders not accepted, including Canada." is a bit if a no go for some of us
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:11 PM
NE Pa
Joined Aug 2005
82 Posts
I could not reliably launch using the finger mold underneath with no wind and
power off. Tried over and over into tall grass and got nowhere. Tried the
wingtip toss power on and got some really nice spins.

A variation on my flying wing toss works best, this is what I'll use now.

Grab the wing with my right hand, near the root. Thumb on top, one finger on
the underside of the wing. The rest on the center fuse behind the wheel.

Hold it sort of behind me, throttle up, 50 to 60% judge by the sound. I keep
looking at it all the time. Take a step or 2 and swing it forward trying to launch
in a straight line, slightly up. It's like pulling it forward in a straight
line. If the nose ends up a little high, there's enough power to keep it there,
I knock it down when I get to the stick. Try not to bring it around in an arc
or the left wing drops. Too much force drops the right wing.

The overhead toss without looking to see if it was straight and level just
didn't work for me.
stall warning is offline Find More Posts by stall warning