HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 19, 2011, 03:12 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
18 Posts
and guys i didnt mean to start anything:/ im sorry
HeliorPlane is offline Find More Posts by HeliorPlane
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:09 PM
Registered User
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Jun 2010
239 Posts
The proper way is however you can safely get it in the air!!

The best way I have found to launch it is from the bottoms grips. There are two small wells or indentations in the bottom to grab it from. The manual has you setup CG around that spot, but thats where I grab it from and throw from.

Some people like to leave the motor off and then give it throttle after they have thrown it and can ensure their hand is safely away. I am the type of person that likes to give it 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and throw it with one hand against the wind. When there is more wind its easier to throw. With less wind you might want to throw a little harder, or build a little moment with a slight jog. Pitch the nose up some and let her rip! Hope that helps!
shoeler is offline Find More Posts by shoeler
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:14 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
noobiznessflying's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeler View Post
The proper way is however you can safely get it in the air!!

The best way I have found to launch it is from the bottoms grips. There are two small wells or indentations in the bottom to grab it from. The manual has you setup CG around that spot, but thats where I grab it from and throw from.

Some people like to leave the motor off and then give it throttle after they have thrown it and can ensure their hand is safely away. I am the type of person that likes to give it 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and throw it with one hand against the wind. When there is more wind its easier to throw. With less wind you might want to throw a little harder, or build a little moment with a slight jog. Pitch the nose up some and let her rip! Hope that helps!
will try that... thanks!
noobiznessflying is offline Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:55 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,184 Posts
Got mine

But will have to wait till I get home next week to fly it
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 05:19 PM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliorPlane View Post
and guys i didnt mean to start anything:/ im sorry
Its not hard too read through 50ish pages ,i skim read the first 30ish. In a day!!! well 2-3 hrs or so. Then the next day finished it off. The first 30pages were mostly talking about Why HH has delayed the Stryker etc same ole same ole!!!...But now their on the market,now is the right time too start reading. Sub too this thread and get instant email updates or daily and keep up on the thread from now on!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Got mine

But will have to wait till I get home next week to fly it

Sweet Razor!!! I just emailed LHS to see if they can get one ordered in for me. i dont have any 2200Mahs right now. I got 2 1800mahs on the way ,im sure there lost in Canadian Postal Strike.
So we''ll see when i got those.

I like the idea of 4S!! I guess a 60AESC would handle it!!? If it well ,i may get 2 4S 2200mahs. I got a 50A esc but that may be pushing my Luck!!!lol

Cheers
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2011, 05:23 PM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,303 Posts
Ohh i forgot ,i wonder how many more times are we going too see/here the best way too Launch it!! Throw is so that yea don't Cut the $-hit out of yur hands...That Should work!!!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2011, 05:40 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,184 Posts
I am in US now so I got mine quick lol

Go go hobbypartz and order some sky lipo 2200 mah 40C.
I have some and they should work well






[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Its not hard too read through 50ish pages ,i skim read the first 30ish. In a day!!! well 2-3 hrs or so. Then the next day finished it off. The first 30pages were mostly talking about Why HH has delayed the Stryker etc same ole same ole!!!...But now their on the market,now is the right time too start reading. Sub too this thread and get instant email updates or daily and keep up on the thread from now on!!



Sweet Razor!!! I just emailed LHS to see if they can get one ordered in for me. i dont have any 2200Mahs right now. I got 2 1800mahs on the way ,im sure there lost in Canadian Postal Strike.
So we''ll see when i got those.

I like the idea of 4S!! I guess a 60AESC would handle it!!? If it well ,i may get 2 4S 2200mahs. I got a 50A esc but that may be pushing my Luck!!!lol

Cheers
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 05:55 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
noobiznessflying's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Ohh i forgot ,i wonder how many more times are we going too see/here the best way too Launch it!! Throw is so that yea don't Cut the $-hit out of yur hands...That Should work!!!
Wow that's the best advice I've read so far! Man any advice on how to learn to ride a motorcycle?? Let me guess, just get on it and hope it doesn't tip over?
noobiznessflying is offline Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2010
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiznessflying View Post
Got the Q as my first stryker this weekend. Flew her several times at the field and its a real blast to fly. However I had a couple of unsuccessful hand launches that resulted in a nose dive. Is there a proper way to grip the stryker underneath? There are no pictures on the manual that shows exactly how it should be grasped when thrown. I launch with power off because I don't want to risk cutting my finger too. Thanks for the help.
Paul

You gotta throw hard and throw up then get on the throttle quick man or it won't make it. I pinch mine in the rearward most set of notches in the holder with my thumb and forefinger and let her fly!!!!

This is an unbelievably tough bird. I hit hard a couple of times today I thought sure broke something and there was not a scratch on it Seems the stryker will fly slow but it is not a helicopter
kpw555 is offline Find More Posts by kpw555
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:40 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,184 Posts
I might try to apply a little elevator when hand launching and a hard throw. Hoping it doesn't stall on me lol
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:46 PM
Aircraft Addict
buddman36's Avatar
Jersey
Joined Mar 2010
116 Posts
Yep, No Head, Darn Prop !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanscho View Post
Did no-one notice that the guy above has no head ? I'm still freaked out about that..
Prop really did a number on this guy, cut his head off and still standing !! lol !! Anyone ever try mounting an EDF set-up on the Stryker ??? Have a few on my work bench that are new, would love to mount one on one of my Strykers for I am buying a new Q Model Stryker June 23rd, Yahoo, Yippe-i-a !! Tried one out Today and what a Blast, really moves out with the new Power Set-Up !!! I want a Ducted Fan version in the worst way, 70mm Fan and 1800 4s 30c Lipo should do it? hehe ! or maybe even
buddman36 is offline Find More Posts by buddman36
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:47 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
18 Posts
[QUOTE=Eastcoast78;18542753]Its not hard too read through 50ish pages ,i skim read the first 30ish. In a day!!! well 2-3 hrs or so. Then the next day finished it off. The first 30pages were mostly talking about Why HH has delayed the Stryker etc same ole same ole!!!...But now their on the market,now is the right time too start reading. Sub too this thread and get instant email updates or daily and keep up on the thread from now on!!



i said i was sorry.
HeliorPlane is offline Find More Posts by HeliorPlane
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:52 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
18 Posts
so i got the bnf and it came with a 3s 2200 mah lipo...i tend to over use my lipos so i plan on using a timer to fly..what should i set the time to?
thanks.
HeliorPlane is offline Find More Posts by HeliorPlane
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:56 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,178 Posts
There have been several EDF Stryker C's over the years. If you want an EDF that looks like a Stryker look into the Phase3 Phantom.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 07:01 PM
Aircraft Addict
buddman36's Avatar
Jersey
Joined Mar 2010
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliorPlane View Post
so i got the bnf and it came with a 3s 2200 mah lipo...i tend to over use my lipos so i plan on using a timer to fly..what should i set the time to?
thanks.
Just set it for 6 minutes and see how much longer the time is, all depends on your Flying Style, hard and fast or conservative, the C Model I get about 8 Hard Minutes but 2 more servos and Bigger Motor might cut your time down a little, just listen to the motor and you should be able to tell when it's coming to the end and land ! Power will seem low when it's time to land !
buddman36 is offline Find More Posts by buddman36
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 02:54 PM
Found Parkzone F-27c stryker PNP NIB rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 11, 2010 07:48 AM
Question Please Help! Can I use 14.8V 2200mAH on ParkZone F-27C Stryker? rcwarrior Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Nov 11, 2010 12:13 AM
Discussion Looking for plans for foamy similar to Parkzone F-27c Stryker CX2Mike Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 5 Oct 24, 2010 01:00 PM
For Sale Parkzone F-27c Stryker PNP or BNF beginner4life Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 12, 2010 11:02 AM