HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2011, 12:41 PM
VA
Joined Feb 2009
871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
The old Stryker could carry a lot of extra weight! I've strapped cameras on the nose, the wing tips, the rudders, the side of the fuselage, and flew it as if nothing was added.... Today's FPV equipment is very small so that won't be a problem. Flying a FPV aircraft at 90MPH could be very interesting though

Also, launching by yourself could be tricky, and sure enough, you need a lot of landing space (unless you land it Quique style...). Sure enough, I would not use a Stryker as my first FPV plane!
What would you use as a first fpv plane?
friz is offline Find More Posts by friz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2011, 12:56 PM
Bacon makes everything better
USA, CO, Centennial
Joined Feb 2011
167 Posts
Probably the most popular model is the Multiplex EasyStar, after that the SkyWalker 2 (the big one) is very popular...they can both handle a lot of weight and are stable at low speeds. The Skywalker especially can handle a LOT of weight. It also has a ton of room. Check out the FPV forum...TONS of great information and a lot of talented FPV pilots
UberSpeck is offline Find More Posts by UberSpeck
Old Apr 03, 2011, 01:16 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,405 Posts
hmmm,stryker meets hobbyking.not picking on it and i will probably get one myself.just thinking this looks a lot like something from hobbyking,not as upgradable as the c and aimed at the just grab and fly crowd.i don't mind the grab and fly lol,i'm lazy.have a few c's that are modified.of course cant be sure till i get one.just dont like the $90 for a bare painted body vs the $20 for a bare unpainted c.thats why i have so many c bodies laying around,they are cheap.
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:30 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,653 Posts
The price listing for parts on Parkzone shows $99.99 for bare painted airframe. That's a big price jump over the C.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:46 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
I hope everyone that's upset about the Q "Possibly" being less upgradeable realizes that the C was not intended to run high power setups. HH didn't design it that way. The C fuse was just carried over from the B version that had a brushed motor and a 7cell NiMh 900mah pack. Those motors and batteries were heavy. I know because I had 2 of them. Don't forget Parkzone's motto is "Just Fly" not "Just buy the body for $20 and then buy non HH equipment and push it to 150mph". The B was slower than the Wildcat and the C was was just an extension of the B. When the C came out the B wasn't discounted for some time and both were sold side by side. Lipo's and brushless motors were still pretty new to the hobby. The C was simply a way for HH to get you to to buy their equipment since guys were starting to experiment with the new lipo's and brushless motors and having great success with the Stryker. Now the C is old and out dated but, people love it and it needed upgraded once again. Now we get the Q an extension of the C. They've taken what the basic mods people do and incorporated them into the design. Gave it a better ESC, more powerful motor, better aerodynamics, and rudders. With all that they've done they want to charge you $25 more. Bare painted C bodies used to be offered for $85. Maybe big 6s batteries will fit and maybe they won't. Either way the Stryker A, B, C, and now the Q were never designed for them.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:57 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,653 Posts
The quest for speed with a Stryker gets a little carried away. If you want a 160 mph wing just buy a Ritewing. They're designed for the speed.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2011, 03:00 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,405 Posts
i agree with a lot of what you say,but the bare bodies for the c/b have always been 19.99at least as far as i know.yes they did take a lot and improved it,makes it an easy just go fly plane.and no i don't hate it lol i will probably be one of the first to get it in this neighborhood lolbut i will get the bare fuse and start from there
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Apr 03, 2011, 03:48 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Yes bare unpainted bodies have always been $19.99 and componet free(bare) painted bodies(in the tiger scheme) were offered for a long time for $85. So if you wanted the factory tiger scheme with no electronics at all you could purchase it but, you paid $85 for them to paint it and put tiger stickers on the fins.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2011, 03:58 PM
Now where did I leave my jar?
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
I am follwing the thread to read how many questions get posted that are already answerd in the F27C forum.
You must have a lot of extra time on your hands.
Someone please explain to me why it makes any difference or not if there is a separate "Q" thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Bill
...Any chance we can get some more input from Parkzone about the takeoff handling for this new plane?
Bill, I have never liked launching any pusher at full throttle like ODUsurfer suggested, especially a Stryker. I either chuck it hard at a 45 degree angle and then apply power once it's out of my hand like at 0:20 in the video above, or hold it by one of the wings and launch it with a side-arm sling like in my video below. I didn't have a video of me launching my Stryker, but it's the same as with my Superfly. I just have to chuck the Stryker a bit harder.
Superfly vertical landing (short version) (0 min 26 sec)
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2011, 04:04 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,171 Posts
My 2 cents worth is this, it is a Stryker yes but share NO parts with any previous version. There for it deserves Its' own thread. I own 2 F-27c's, just got back from flying one of them. I love what I see in the F-27Q, want to see more and not yes but hell yes I will be getting one.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Apr 03, 2011, 04:38 PM
Miami, FL
Joined Mar 2007
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Bill View Post

Any chance we can get some more input from Parkzone about the takeoff handling for this new plane?
I have an elevator to throttle mix programmed for the stryker that operates on a switch. My stock stryker climbs out beautiful almost hands off. I launch with no throttle, and when it's well clear of my hands, i apply throttle, and the radio automatically gives it elevator input so my right hand isn't racing to get to it. Also since the plane is already gliding prior to adding throttle, it has much less torque effect. Once I have both hands on the radio, I flick the switch and the mix is off.
Figure.N9ne is offline Find More Posts by Figure.N9ne
Old Apr 03, 2011, 04:50 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
You're not supposed to launch the Stryker with any throttle. In the 6 years I've been flying them I've never launched with the prop turning. A nice hard 45D launch like you're throwing a 50yrd pass. I can remember seeing videos on YouTube of guys chewing their fingers up, needing stitches, having to pass the Tx over to someone because they did WOT launches.

Here you go

Stryker Cut My Finger - Update - About A Week Later (0 min 56 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2011, 04:52 PM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
The Q isn't out yet and there is already the nay sayers. Price this, another thread already, Hobby King looks... WOW! It's as simple as this: if you don't like it, don't buy it or post here. I'm pretty sure HH/PZ did their homework. They know what will sell and what won't. If not, I'm sure they would have gone out of business a long time ago.

I understand this is a forum, a place to discuss products. Keep in mind that this NEW and DIFFERENT Stryker isn't even out yet. rimripper, just let it go! Invest that time into something better!
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Apr 03, 2011, 04:58 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
And another at 3:00

RC jet planes at the park almost cut off my finger (3 min 34 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:53 PM
London
Joined Sep 2010
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
Not much sence in 2 different threads for one Stryker,as Flame has mentioned all the good data is next door,all the proven data is next door.All that will happen to upgrade is read in the stryker thread and post in the Q thread.

Makes no sence.....
Makes no sense people complaining about a new thread for a new model coming out!
I was never interested in the Stryker until i saw this new version on HH. looks very good indeed.
This is the reply from Parkzone to Mpx Funjet ultra....I know it wont be as fast as the funjet but the twin rudders will make the trick for some of us that enjoy some more flexibility on a "flying wing"
lets see when will it be released.
Peper is offline Find More Posts by Peper