Max rates needed.....
Fly straight up, very high.
Kill throttle
Just before stall left stick bottom left and right stick top right
This starts the spin
Then leave left stick at bottom left and move right stick to bottom left
This kicks in turbo spin.
Recover high to start with till you get the feel
thank you!!! I'll be practicing that today.
Gravitycheat is online now Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:55 AM
I can fix that!
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jul 2011
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
Why do people have so much trouble with prop direction? Simply locate the leading edge. It should be blindingly obvious which way on it has to go and which way it needs to turn. And, btw, not all props have lettering on them and even if they do, it's not always on the back.
I'm guessing that when not busy posting here, you're yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off your lawn.
doug.wagner is offline Find More Posts by doug.wagner
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:46 PM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
soundcheque is offline Find More Posts by soundcheque
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:09 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheque View Post
Struggling to understand why an RCG Plus member has had to reply with such a condesending answer TBH.

If you couldn't supply the information in a more positive manner then why bother at all.

Clearly to some members it is difficult to understand which way a prop has to go on therefore the initial question.. As usual it's only easy if you know how.

There are also many members who still don't know which is the leading edge therefore this part of your answer is of no use to those trying to understand the fundamentals of prop installation.

You could have at least supplied an attachement to indicate what you are talking about to those who have no idea.

Also thousands of members, including myself find that PREDOMINANTLY the lettering and numbering is on the front of the propeller when looking at it head on mounted on the motor or engine, and is PREDOMINANTLY discussed on many threads as being so.
Therefore this will be the case for the mentioned pusher prop on the rear mounted motor of the Stryker.

I can't believe that you have sprung up on this large thread only to post such a degrading contribution.

With respect Gerry I'm not particularly impressed with your poorly worded reply which may have only served to make newer members reluctant to ask future technical questions.
AS opposed to your answer which might make knowledgeable users less likely to help?

Look, I'm, not saying his answer was sugar coated, but I read it straight and as likely intended -- I MYSELF am exasperated at how many times (including just today at the field) we hear these 'rules of thumb' or 'cook book' or 'mnemonic' type answers bandied about, INSTEAD of the more correct answer which is learn what a leading edge is if you don't know, and check the prop direction yourself, and you'll never have an issue with a prop, including a Graupner or other one that does not necessarily conform to your recipe or meme approach.

I saw nothing particularly rude or condescending in HIS answer, in fact, I consider it the BEST answer, and well considered and valuable, but I certainly do see nothing but the whip in yours.

Perhaps you would please give Gerry the apology I think he is certainly owed for your own rudeness, and then let's move on, and ALL try to be both helpful AND friendly, as well?

I do think we manage that around here about 99.5% of the time, but we can all have our moments. Including me.

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:13 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.wagner View Post
I'm guessing that when not busy posting here, you're yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off your lawn.
Please see my reply already made on the point. I honestly do not think it is a rudeness thing, I think it is simply a 'teach a man to fish' versus buying fish-shaped -protein-patty thing -- the 'fish-like protein-patty' might 'suffice' in some or most instances, but it is certainly not the same as knowing how to fish, catching a fish, and eating a real fish.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:27 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
couldn't all you guy's take it to pm's, and let's get back to the Strykers.
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:05 PM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,258 Posts
The question still stands......
rrg is online now Find More Posts by rrg
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:41 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrg View Post
I'm guessing the prop is still not working for ya??

And you reversed the motor as well?
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:28 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
This one?

So i put a 5x7 pusher prop on the stryker tonight to bench test it and had to reverse the motor to get it to "blow" in the right direction. Am i missing something simple here?

The problem is that the answer is contingent:

* You said it is now blowing the right direction. Based on that, "No - problem has been solved. Nothing missed."

* However, you seem to want further explanation. If so, then the answer would be "Yes. It comes with a regular prop, not a pusher from the factory. Simple."
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:39 PM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,258 Posts
Thanks tracknoob. The simple answer it comes from the factory with a regular prop. I can't believe i missed something " that simple". By the way, i flew it with that 5x7 today and i noticed more speed and better vertical.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:08 PM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
Quote:
Thanks tracknoob. The simple answer it comes from the factory with a regular prop. I can't believe i missed something " that simple". By the way, i flew it with that 5x7 today and i noticed more speed and better vertical.
5 x 7 rrg ??

Are you sure ?

Just read your numbers again,, should be 7 x 5 for the best result .
soundcheque is offline Find More Posts by soundcheque
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:22 AM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,258 Posts
Your right, i must of had it turned around..
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:02 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Awesome! Glad it all got figured out. (think that's prolly 7 x 5 - we seem to be on a reversal kick lately heh heh)

and, a note to the thread -- I'm sorry for my own snippish reply to what I perceived as a snippish reply to someone else's reply which was perceived as....

(Well, I think you see where I'm going with this!

Just please accept my apology -- I really love the generally friendly 'feel' of RCG, so to the extend I may hurt it with my own post, mea culpa.)

Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:27 PM
Mayday! Mayday!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2010
744 Posts
F-27Q parts for sale $6 shipped

Almost new parts!

Body parts $6 shipped:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1813118

Thanks for looking!
jpt1205 is online now Find More Posts by jpt1205
Last edited by jpt1205; Jan 21, 2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:09 PM
Mayday! Mayday!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2010
744 Posts
PZ 480BL 2200KV Motor/mount/prop $29 shipped

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1814351

Other parts already sold!

Thanks.
jpt1205 is online now Find More Posts by jpt1205