HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:46 AM
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
$185-$250 for a piece of molded foam!!!! all I can say about that is WOW!
Lol 80% of the planes on the market are nothing more than molded foam :banghead:
bladeguy5 is online now Find More Posts by bladeguy5
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:52 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,614 Posts
Quote:
What are you talking about???!!!

The painted nose (a piece of foam) lists for $7.99.

The entire fuse/body kit (many pieces!) lists for $84.99.

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:07 AM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
Quote:
You can pay that if you want

We don't....

You've sprung up from nowhere after many posts elsewhere to enter into this thread with an almost insulting comment,, I don't get it,,Might be a good idea to review the almost 7000 posts on the model before you upset a few more people.

However, most quality models these days are of similar build although under different names, like EPO, Elapor etc.

Technology moved on many years ago from traditional balsa and tissue or solarfilm and knocked out the build time too.

The longevity of the modern materials is outstanding and much of the material was used as insulation on the Space Shuttle too.

The Parkzone Stryker, Multiplex Funjet, Parkzone Radian and Pro are the biggest and most popular threads on RC Groups and the models are all made of a "Piece of molded foam"

They all fly at speeds in excess of 100 mph and achieve heights of over 2000 feet.. That may bring your "Wow" comment into perspective

Get one, enjoy it and be amazed at the fun per buck,,

These are superbly manufactured model aircraft..with very modern technology to actuate the control surfaces, supply outstanding power, allow adequate cooling and provide superb structural techniques to allow us mere mortals to satisfy our addiction to fly hard and fast knowing that the money we spent is done so on a tried and tested safe platform.....a far cry from toys or just a piece of molded foam.
soundcheque is offline Find More Posts by soundcheque
Last edited by soundcheque; Dec 13, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:20 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheque View Post

The Parkzone Stryker, Multiplex Funjet, Parkzone Radian and Pro are the biggest and most popular threads on RC Groups and the models are all made of a "Piece of molded foam"
Don't forget the Sky Surfer!
Over 17,000 posts now and going strong
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:25 AM
Tulsa Int, Oklahoma, United States
Joined Oct 2003
252 Posts
Quote:
I said the same thing.....then I saw one fly. Now I have my own.
wildnloose is offline Find More Posts by wildnloose
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:27 AM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Don't forget the Sky Surfer!
Over 17,000 posts now and going strong
Sorry dude forgot that one , and possibly a few others.. apologies in advance
soundcheque is offline Find More Posts by soundcheque
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:39 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2009
495 Posts
i will say stryker is one great flying machine. you want slow, it won't stall that easy but full throttle will make you skip a heart beat. i know there are lots of much faster planes out there, stryker is the one that can take some hard landing. one question is how you guys launch this bird? using the under wing hole? or holding the right wing and swing it while right hand on elevator? i have 70% of good throw doing each method.
bigtruck169 is online now Find More Posts by bigtruck169
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: keyless remote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:44 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Sep 2012
128 Posts
Ignore the troll
GooberRC is offline Find More Posts by GooberRC
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Isn't it an awesome flyer. The only thing I wish I could change is that maybe it could not be so noisy.

My club field - which has been there for decades - now is next to an upscale McMansion development which has grown up beside us. A few of the most-entitled folks there don't like our giant-scale stuff, nor anything else that might be heard at the same time as the drone of their lawnmowers, leafblowers, and swimming pool vacuums.

We often have to deal with their complaints, and sometimes with the authorities to whom they complain!

So the Dopplered purr of an F-27Q at WOT is a matter of interest.

A Stealth Stryker would be nice......

i may be preaching to the converted here but have you run the stock prop yet? i only ask as i never flew the stock prop,soon as i unboxed it i threw on a 7x5. it wasn't until a week or so ago i decided to try the stock prop (balanced first of course,was way out!) and its much quieter than any other prop i have used. the graupner 6.5x6.5 is pretty quite also, relatively speaking.

i have to fly near houses,lots of them,to one side of my field,not had any complaints yet but if i do get one,i will only run the stock prop as it is quite a lot quieter than any other i have used.
mrmurder1975 is offline Find More Posts by mrmurder1975
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:40 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder1975 View Post
i may be preaching to the converted here but have you run the stock prop yet?
My first couple flights were with the stock prop, but once a few suggested the APC Sport props & the Side Arm/Frisbee launch I haven't tried it since. I do have a few of the Graupner 6.5x6.5 props, guess I should give those a try just to check 'em out!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
My first couple flights were with the stock prop, but once a few suggested the APC Sport props & the Side Arm/Frisbee launch I haven't tried it since. I do have a few of the Graupner 6.5x6.5 props, guess I should give those a try just to check 'em out!

def worth a try with the graupner if you need to keep the noise down mate. not as quiet as stock,on mine at least,but quieter than the 7x5. failing that,next time they complain,tell them to kiss it! your club was there first!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:18 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,739 Posts
LOL, I'm pretty fortunate the local park I fly at has a few admirers & followers when my buddy & I fly there, they're always wondering what plane is gonna get airborne next, but they ALL love the micro & full-size Stryker.

70mm EDF's & birds that need more space we fly at an empty field. Good luck with the decibel level in your area, there's ALWAYS that one person that wants to ruin it
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
LOL, I'm pretty fortunate the local park I fly at has a few admirers & followers when my buddy & I fly there, they're always wondering what plane is gonna get airborne next, but they ALL love the micro & full-size Stryker.

70mm EDF's & birds that need more space we fly at an empty field. Good luck with the decibel level in your area, there's ALWAYS that one person that wants to ruin it
there will always be killjoys! no matter what you do. i have been pretty lucky so far though. apart from the odd dog here and there...one springs to mind...attacking my foot as i was bombing the stryker around...so there's me doing a one legged dance trying to get this bloody dog off me and trying to not crash the plane at the same time!...

also a couple of wasters coming up to me and asking stupid questions while im flying....you know the type...a plastic bag full of cans of beer at 2 in the afternoon on a week day,wreaking of beer and slurring their words!

so far nobody has said anything to me about the noise. mind you,i limit my sessions to 2 or 3 hours at a time max and i only get over there 3 or 4 times a month due to the typical british weather. even the summers suck over here so the time of year is no guarantee of any increase in flight time!

hope its ok tomorrow. neeeeed to get the big and little q up in the air and also i have a maiden of a new flying wing i have put a hot set up on so i want to see what kind of speed i can get out of it..... it might even be a contender for the big q!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,174 Posts
Finally broke a 7x 5 APC this week. Just a routine landing, but the hard edge caught the turf and snapped off.

One minute later, good to go!

There are a lot of planes I tell myself I PREFER to fly, but the Stryker is the one you always CAN fly, no matter what conditions are.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:58 AM
Yuma, AZ
Joined Oct 2003
348 Posts
Need a little help, searched and can't find it. I have a futaba 9c flying my Stryker. I've tried the spectrum programming I've found but doesn't work.

Can someone tell me were I might find futaba programming for rudder speed brakes? I already have the rudders on separate channels. I've tried rudder to flap mixing, but that didn't work.

Thanks, Steve

PS: you're kidding right? XT60's are about ten times easier to solder all round. Since I use HK batteries (only thing I can afford) the 60's really are probably best, read that easiest to solder, thing out there.
splais is offline Find More Posts by splais
Last edited by splais; Dec 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM.