Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:44 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaneck View Post
Caught a video of some rudder fluttering around. Any good fixes?

http://youtu.be/EgMB6s1tbnc
Yeah I experienced "rudder flutter" for the first time today. The servo is acting up on the left rudder. Of course it has 114 flights on it, but trimmed to neutral, it sets there and jitters. Give it one or two clicks of trim in either direction it stops. Gonna change it out to be safe.

In other news.... sheeew!! I had a full throttle, tail wind, low pass wing clip with another Stryker today. My friend & I came down from a dive full throttle haulin butt, side by side, when a gust of wind blew my Stryker right over the top of his. And as I crossed over, my left wing "high-5'ed" his right wing, and we managed to pull up and away cleanly!!

Basically, it was a 90+ mph collision/crash that didn't happen. I wish someone woulda got that on video.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
147 Posts
Took mine out in 8-10 mph wind on Friday. I tried the inverted harrier, with just a touch of throttle she's so easy to control I was able to set her down very gently on the rudders. So much awesome stuff you can do... easily my favorite in my hangar
RustySpork is offline Find More Posts by RustySpork
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:01 PM
Rob
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2012
23 Posts
Has anyone tried to do any kind of "task oriented flying" with their Q? This morning just for the heck of it I took off in the front of my neighborhood, hopped in the back of my truck with my friend driving and flew her all the way to the other park in the back of my neighborhood. Total of 6.2 miles travelled over the ground. It was tons of fun and I think I may be on to something...I know that makes a lot of people cringe, but oh well.

I had a decent tail wind (about 10 mph) for most of the flight and we were doing about 50mph in the truck pacing the Q pretty well.
_rob is offline Find More Posts by _rob
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:21 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _rob View Post
Has anyone tried to do any kind of "task oriented flying" with their Q? This morning just for the heck of it I took off in the front of my neighborhood, hopped in the back of my truck with my friend driving and flew her all the way to the other park in the back of my neighborhood. Total of 6.2 miles travelled over the ground. It was tons of fun and I think I may be on to something...I know that makes a lot of people cringe, but oh well.

I had a decent tail wind (about 10 mph) for most of the flight and we were doing about 50mph in the truck pacing the Q pretty well.
I saw a video on Youtube of a guy that flew his RC plane through a tunnel while following in a car. There were cars coming in the opposing lane. I think he went through a toll booth too.

edit: here is a link to one video http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86a_1181938978
You have to be a little crazy to do this.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Last edited by jhroof; Sep 24, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:56 PM
Rob
Joined Jul 2012
23 Posts
Oh my goodness that was pretty crazy. I'm not doing anything like that. I'm staying well above all power lines and I am very familiar with the area. I met some guys a couple weeks back that were flying some big gliders and they were doing what they described to be as "task oriented flying". For example they go from a to b from a launcher with no power in a certain amount of time.

Monkey see, monkey do I suppose, but I have power. When I came down after the 6+mile flight there was still 3.81 average per cell in my 2200 3 cell.

I think my next sortie will be an away and return. That might be pushing it but let's see...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:10 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,687 Posts
WHOA, that video was crazy!!!
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:31 PM
I can fix that!
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jul 2011
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
I saw a video on Youtube of a guy that flew his RC plane through a tunnel while following in a car. There were cars coming in the opposing lane. I think he went through a toll booth too.

edit: here is a link to one video http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86a_1181938978
You have to be a little crazy to do this.
Hell...that's like watching a video game!
The AOA makes me think he wasn't too far above stall at times.
doug.wagner is online now Find More Posts by doug.wagner
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,122 Posts
Rudder Servo

Hey gang,
I need to replace my rudder servos, and I know there's many options and prices, BUT I have two HiTec HS-55 servos in my shop. Will those work? I know they're smaller, so I'll have to do a little mod to the servo bay, but the main thing is if they're strong enough for the Stryker.

Nevermind. I posted the question before I had any time to research. Nope, it taint gonna work ya'll. Shucks! But one of the LHS has exactly one PZ1090 in stock........ "it's mine I tell ya...... MIIIIIINE!!!!!!!!"
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Last edited by Moonbeam; Sep 27, 2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Figured it out my own lil self! ;)
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:27 AM
Rob
Joined Jul 2012
23 Posts
So can anyone chime in on task/mission oriented flying with the Q?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:50 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,993 Posts
Keep it out of the dirt and out of the trees?
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jun 2011
147 Posts
Something I thought about trying for fun. Never have. You can find a video from team black sheep in their America tour where they do it in the desert, chasing their car with fpv gear. It's pretty cool
RustySpork is offline Find More Posts by RustySpork
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:00 PM
ěstre toten Norway
Norge, Oppland, ěstre Toten
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
..one question to the "Cobra" which QQ flies in the promotion vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb487kOCyzQ

see at 1:04min....how it works ?..does QQ also use rudder brakes on the top point ?
This is not a propper Cobra, just 90 deg. (stright up), propper cobra is 135 deg..
( turning from flat forward then 90 deg. up and adding 45 deg. backwards, then turn back to forward). On youtube you can find this manuvre done mye MIG-29
Rc jet and the real plane. Still the onely turbine-fighter that can do this manouver. The others will kill the engine. I do this manouver with Sebart Mig-29, Fly Fly Mig-29 and F-27Q.

Regards
Frode
frode h is offline Find More Posts by frode h
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:11 AM
good till the first drop
michigan usa
Joined Jan 2005
607 Posts
Well just tryed out my new gps voltron and with a7.5 prop and a bigger esc i got 127 mph on 3 cell and on 4 cell i got 133 mph ,
lesodell is offline Find More Posts by lesodell
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
DX-18 set up

Does anyone have the set up for this plane with the air brakes on a DX-18? Thanks
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:54 AM
220 221 Whatever it takes
USA, IL, Belleville
Joined Dec 2009
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsmakeadeal View Post
Does anyone have the set up for this plane with the air brakes on a DX-18? Thanks
I would like a copy too! LOL
captdave221 is offline Find More Posts by captdave221