HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:50 AM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post
Hey where do you fly, the Doral area is mostly built up.

Gotta move back to Miami, Reason # 1 – Las Chicas
Oh boy....las chicas are crazy hot around here!

I currently fly at the park at FIU ,at some undeveloped area west of the Dophin mall (around 35th st and 125th Av) and at vista view flyers in Broward ( Vista view park at Griffin road)
And I getting a stryker Q in the summer!
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Last edited by yucafrita; Apr 02, 2011 at 11:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2011, 06:27 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,307 Posts
nice factory mods. bit steap on price but still good to see the improvements. break out your wallets, you know you want one or two!
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Apr 02, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Oct 2006
38 Posts
Saw it in Toledo yesterday. Sign me up. Had the f27c for 5 years now and this one is more sturdy, built better, and has rudders. Fun, Fun, Fun...
mvaneck is offline Find More Posts by mvaneck
Old Apr 02, 2011, 09:44 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,596 Posts
just met quique at weak signals in Toledo. He told me all about his improvements. Motor mount area improved, more carbon spars, swept back more, 6 x 6 prop...more area and fuse room for batts and MORE!!

casey
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build
Old Apr 02, 2011, 09:46 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,287 Posts
The battery bay looked small to me. I picked it up and went over it really well. I thought it looked like there was little room to hog out the foam.

As for the price it's only $25 more than the C and has way more in reinforcements with the motor mount, frame, and landing skids than the C. Not to mention the better motor, ESC, and rudders.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 02, 2011, 10:14 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
The battery bay looked small to me. I picked it up and went over it really well. I thought it looked like there was little room to hog out the foam.

As for the price it's only $25 more than the C and has way more in reinforcements with the motor mount, frame, and landing skids than the C. Not to mention the better motor, ESC, and rudders.
well said i agree. i picked it up twice and thats what i noticed.
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build
Old Apr 03, 2011, 08:44 AM
Miami, FL
Joined Mar 2007
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
Hmm! $185-$250 for a piece of molded foam. My first motorcycle didn't cost that much. One can get a small flat-screen TV or a decent-quality digital camera for the same money!

One could build from scratch, a carefully crafted, c/f strengthened, balsa and covered version for pennies on the dollar.
Pennies on the dollar as long as you don't count what your time is worth. If you enjoy building that's not a bad investment for you, I enjoy flying, and building is just a means to an end for me. $185 is a great deal in my opinion. To each his own.
Figure.N9ne is offline Find More Posts by Figure.N9ne
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:16 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
The battery bay looked small to me.
Well, the new Stryker is smaller.... But I'm also wondering if it's not a design intent so people don't use 6S batteries and make 200mph Strykers (just for reliability insurance...)
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:20 AM
pilot
Joined Aug 2009
200 Posts
For those that say its a bad deal because its too similar. For your money you are buying a:
Spektrum ar600 59.99
Eflite Park 480 2200 kv (brand new) 49.99
4 digital metal gear servos 53.16
40 amp esc 74.99
lipo 35
charger 44.99
a newly designed and patented airframe priceless (no pun intended)

That equals 318.12 equivalent parts cost for the bnf edition if you assume the airframe costs NOTHING and if their motor is priced the same as the original park 480. But its fine if the stryker haters don't want any, that means more for us!!!
jbat35 is offline Find More Posts by jbat35
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:29 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,476 Posts
Well F27c stryker guys are not haters,the thing is that the Q is still a stryker.
as for replacement part and cost,you could get a killer CC ice 50 with data logging for the price of the 40amp,the charger could go with all the other bnf or rtf chargers in the corner,2 hs 82 servo's for 40$.

I am follwing the thread to read how many questions get posted that are already answerd in the F27C forum.
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Apr 03, 2011, 10:48 AM
pilot
Joined Aug 2009
200 Posts
Why don't we quit worrying about 2 threads for similar things and just talk about what this thread is about, the new stryker. Unless rcgroups is running out of web hosting space any time soon, I don't think there is any reason why there cannot be a new thread for a NEW aircraft.
jbat35 is offline Find More Posts by jbat35
Old Apr 03, 2011, 11:27 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,287 Posts
The Q needs it's own thread. I've had Strykers since the B came out and I unsubscribed from the C thread long ago because of the size and people just having conversations while your questions get buried and unanswered. That thread is just to huge to throw the Q into it.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 03, 2011, 11:32 AM
Bacon makes everything better
USA, CO, Centennial
Joined Feb 2011
167 Posts
Has anyone tried strapping FPV equipment to these or is that too much weight?
UberSpeck is offline Find More Posts by UberSpeck
Old Apr 03, 2011, 11:41 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
The old Stryker could carry a lot of extra weight! I've strapped cameras on the nose, the wing tips, the rudders, the side of the fuselage, and flew it as if nothing was added.... Today's FPV equipment is very small so that won't be a problem. Flying a FPV aircraft at 90MPH could be very interesting though

Also, launching by yourself could be tricky, and sure enough, you need a lot of landing space (unless you land it Quique style...). Sure enough, I would not use a Stryker as my first FPV plane!
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 03, 2011, 12:39 PM
Bacon makes everything better
USA, CO, Centennial
Joined Feb 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
The old Stryker could carry a lot of extra weight! I've strapped cameras on the nose, the wing tips, the rudders, the side of the fuselage, and flew it as if nothing was added.... Today's FPV equipment is very small so that won't be a problem. Flying a FPV aircraft at 90MPH could be very interesting though

Also, launching by yourself could be tricky, and sure enough, you need a lot of landing space (unless you land it Quique style...). Sure enough, I would not use a Stryker as my first FPV plane!
Yeah, i wasn't sure if it would be realistic for FPV or not. I'm going with a MUCH slower bird to learn on and to start FPV. But, I want to move fast at some point. I've wanted to be a fighter pilot since I was just a kid. This is as close as I'll get
UberSpeck is offline Find More Posts by UberSpeck