SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2011, 06:50 PM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Saw it a Toledo today. Sorry no pics. The wheel on the bottom is nice and the bottom of the fins have a thick fiberglass cover over them. The HH guys said to expect solid 90mph straight and level performance and still get the slow speed too. It was very ridged also. The battery compartment was a little small so don't expect to be able to hog out a lot of foam for bigger 4-5s packs. The red and blue on the bottom is paint and not decals like I thought they would be. The rudders are pretty big too. All in all I liked it much more in person and will be getting one.
That's good to hear! Thanks for the info on the new Q. I'll be getting one this summer.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2011, 06:54 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,144 Posts
Quote:
The red and blue on the bottom is paint and not decals like I thought they would be.
Are the top colors also painted on?
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old Apr 01, 2011, 09:00 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,290 Posts
Yes it's all paint except for the names on it. Those were the only decals. I glad they used the magnets on the nose. I've done that since the "B" version was out. now I won't have to do that anymore. They did say the the C will be phased out but, didn't give us a time frame.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Apr 02, 2011, 01:30 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian94066 View Post
first wing to ever pull off the Blender?
I think that would be the Spinsation.
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Apr 02, 2011, 02:58 AM
Joined Aug 2010
551 Posts
Quote:
Saw it a Toledo today. Sorry no pics. The wheel on the bottom is nice and the bottom of the fins have a thick fiberglass cover over them. The HH guys said to expect solid 90mph straight and level performance and still get the slow speed too. It was very ridged also. The battery compartment was a little small so don't expect to be able to hog out a lot of foam for bigger 4-5s packs. The red and blue on the bottom is paint and not decals like I thought they would be. The rudders are pretty big too. All in all I liked it much more in person and will be getting one.
I am confused with the nose wheel/skid setup. Is it meant to be a landing gear? If so wouldnt the prop hit the ground? Just explain it please if you can lol.
E-reevo is offline Find More Posts by E-reevo
Old Apr 02, 2011, 07:05 AM
Cedar Rapids, IA
Joined Aug 2010
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElIntocable View Post
...It's already crazy to sift through thousands of posts in massive threads...
I really agree with this point. I was started in the summer of 2010. OMG. You might have to read through 500 pages to glean 3 or 4 important points about a plane. The thread search helps, but it isn't always easy to select search terms to find what you are looking for. Just my opinion.
MiddleMarc is offline Find More Posts by MiddleMarc
Old Apr 02, 2011, 07:58 AM
United States, IL, Elgin
Joined Oct 2010
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian94066 View Post
first wing to ever pull off the Blender?
google Extreme flight outlaw and you will see a wing that can do anything
moser5 is offline Find More Posts by moser5
Old Apr 02, 2011, 08:37 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,985 Posts
Did no-one notice that the guy above has no head ? I'm still freaked out about that..
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Apr 02, 2011, 08:40 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,985 Posts
As for threads, no use arguing about it. Be rest assured, once one has been started, it'll never die..

All I can beg for is, pur-lease, no-one start ANOTHER PZ Stryker Q thread when the models actually arrive in the shops. Someone did that with the Radian Pro, now there are TWO massive threads running simultaneously . The mods aren't interested in details like that.

Edit: What was I saying, there IS already another thread on this model in Electric Plane Talk... Sigh..
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Apr 02, 2011, 09:31 AM
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moser5 View Post
google Extreme flight outlaw and you will see a wing that can do anything
Yep, I have 2 Outlaws.One is NIB. I'm gonna get this Stryker and see if it will replace them though. I've gone all electric and was just before converting the Outlaw. I'm gonna try this first. Rudders are a blast on these wings.
Hunkus is offline Find More Posts by Hunkus
Old Apr 02, 2011, 09:38 AM
Fly it like you stole it!
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Bill View Post
I've been flying warbirds and an FPV Twinstar II rig for some time, but my son really wants us to get a wing/jet. What excellent timing that Parkzone is essentially coming out with a new one. After watching the video, however, my only concern would be those takeoffs. A few guys I fly with have multiple Funjets and no matter the skill level always seem to randomly have a bad takeoff from time to time (and by 'bad takeoff' I mean go inverted and crash into the ground with flames and a small mushroom cloud).

Any chance we can get some more input from Parkzone about the takeoff handling for this new plane?
IMO, the Stryker launches a lot easier than the Funjet.

That said, I've found the trick of launching both of them is learning to launch them under power with a fully extended arm directly overhead, almost like a javelin, so you don't cut your hand on the prop. -That's completely IMHO though, and that will be heavily debated here. LOTS of stories of cut hands from not doing it right, so beware.

You're absolutely right though, the hardest thing about any of the Strykers is getting it in the air.
ODUsurfer is offline Find More Posts by ODUsurfer
Old Apr 02, 2011, 10:16 AM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
The Q is a whole new airplane. The only thing in common is the planform (flying wing with twin verticals). It deserves its own thread!
You forgot to mention the other big thing it has in common with the existing Stryker: it's exactly the same size!

Instead of following in Multiplex's footsteps and coming out with a higher-speed model Stryker of the same size (like Multiplex did with the FunJet/FunJet Ultra), I would rather have seen Horizon follow in Great Planes' footsteps and come out with a "mini" Stryker, like Great Planes did with the Slinger/Mini-Slinger. I'm surprised Horizon hasn't already done that for a popular model like the Stryker -- especially with the explosion in popularity of mini/micro planes in the last year or two. A bigger model of the Stryker would be nice too...i.e. one that is suitable for equipping with the E-flite 10-15 electric retracts.
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Apr 02, 2011, 10:37 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Nov 2006
723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
Hmm! $185-$250 for a piece of molded foam. My first motorcycle didn't cost that much. One can get a small flat-screen TV or a decent-quality digital camera for the same money! One could build from scratch, a carefully crafted, c/f strengthened, balsa and covered version for pennies on the dollar.
Dr Kiwi,

Well said. I'd rather have the real thing - a ProJeti, which the F27Q shamelessly copied. I thought the ProJeti was pricey for a hunk of foam, I could put rudders on it for a lot cheaper, but why? I've got 3D planes to do blenders
FD Pilot is offline Find More Posts by FD Pilot
Old Apr 02, 2011, 10:38 AM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
745 Posts
The first of April SUCKS
CrocEnd is offline Find More Posts by CrocEnd
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:35 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-reevo View Post
I am confused with the nose wheel/skid setup. Is it meant to be a landing gear? If so wouldnt the prop hit the ground? Just explain it please if you can lol.
It's meant to replace the plastic skid that comes with the Stryker C now. The prop is kicked out of the way when the C belly lands, it'll be the same with the Q. Now there is better protection on the bottom of the tail fins and a wheel that won't be ground down over time by 100's of landings especially if you are landing on a hard surface.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge