HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2011, 12:20 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
LOL @ 1:29 "a 3S 2200 Parkzone standard so nothing special there". Guess he doesn't think much of Parkzone's batteries.
I took it as using the standard park flyer battery: a 1.8 to 2K-ish 3cell lipo. Chances are most fliers have a few sitting around. Long story short, The PNP version shouldn't require going out and getting odd spec batteries. Sounds like a selling point to me

But yes, the only thing I find special about any battery offered by HH is the "durp-dee-durrr"-tastic price tag for sub par performance. Friends don't let friends buy Lipo from HH.
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2011, 01:28 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
That's total bull crap! Nothing is more annoying than when a company can't follow thru with their due dates! Maybe they will keep pushing it back until it gets 100 degrees over here. Why would anyone want to fly in this perfect weather that we've been having.
I've been through this many times. Add two months to any due date!

I think it is almost time for the obligatory sinking cargo ship picture.

jhroof is online now Find More Posts by jhroof
Old May 20, 2011, 01:35 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
At Toledo the HH guys said it's on track for shipping at the middle/end of may. I had my hopes up but, I figured that meant July. Guess my LHS won't be calling next week to tell me their in.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old May 20, 2011, 01:49 PM
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
915 Posts
Maybe they are a bit gunshy after the problems accompying a couple models on release day, and are trying to do some more Beta testing, or are fixing a problem they found. Either way, I hope it is for the best, and if it is just a shipping delay, it happens, I would rather get the plane in june, and have no problems than get it now, and have to send it back, or wait for replacement parts to arrive due to a recall.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
Old May 20, 2011, 01:56 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
If they are just moving the date less than 4 weeks I would guess that any problem would be very minor. At this point I would have to assume all testing and final production is done and it's more a shipping delay than a problem with the plane.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old May 20, 2011, 02:12 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
I took it as using the standard park flyer battery: a 1.8 to 2K-ish 3cell lipo. Chances are most fliers have a few sitting around. Long story short, The PNP version shouldn't require going out and getting odd spec batteries. Sounds like a selling point to me

But yes, the only thing I find special about any battery offered by HH is the "durp-dee-durrr"-tastic price tag for sub par performance. Friends don't let friends buy Lipo from HH.
He does say a 2200 3 cell. I'm getting the PNP, so it doesn't matter to me either. I have 13 3 cell 2100 35C batteries that I'll be using.
skyjet is online now Find More Posts by skyjet
Old May 20, 2011, 02:13 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post

The Horizon crate is the 3rd one from the right.
Old May 20, 2011, 03:12 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Don't forget, this is HH live web inventory. It could simply meant that if you order one right now, the earlier they will ship yours is mid June since they will fill all the other orders that are already in first. So any LHS that have ordered theirs may still get them in May. (Yes, I know, I'm also buying lottery tickets!)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old May 20, 2011, 04:18 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,870 Posts
guys,

If it was a Thunder Power charger, you could easily add 1 year to most likely 1 1/2 years to any due date.....no kidding either.

To be clear....I love Thunder Power and all of their products and their great customer service, but their supposed due dates on release of their 6 cell then later their 8 cell chargers were.......(I need to stop here).

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old May 20, 2011, 04:30 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,157 Posts
Hobby Zone is saying June 8th.
Old May 20, 2011, 05:48 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,157 Posts
I had to plunder my new rc plane savings a few weeks ago so another couple of weeks isn't going to kill me. My LHS said mid June a while back so I'm not really surprised.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old May 20, 2011, 07:58 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
As I have said many times, The C was offered for a long time as a PAINTED airframe only for around $80 and the unpainted fuse for $20. I don't know why people are complaining. Is it because you can no longer get a fuse for $20 and make it go 150+mph or is it because you now have to pay what HH should have been charging all along.
It wasn't the "C" that was offered as a painted airframe, it was the "B". And that painted kit included a lot more than the two pieces (fuse & nose) that you get in the $18.99 unpainted fuselage product (do you REALLY think they "should" charge $80 for that? ). The painted kit included the fins, hatch set, elevons, control linkages, and more. And it wasn't $80, it was $60 (actually $59.99). Here's a link: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Yes bare unpainted bodies have always been $19.99 and componet free(bare) painted bodies(in the tiger scheme) were offered for a long time for $85. So if you wanted the factory tiger scheme with no electronics at all you could purchase it but, you paid $85 for them to paint it and put tiger stickers on the fins.
They did not offer the "C" tiger scheme as a painted airframe-only, and they did not charge you an additional $65 just for paint and stickers, as you seem to be implying. See above.
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old May 21, 2011, 12:26 AM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Yes they did. It was on the parts list for a long time until they did away with it. Honestly even if I remember it wrong and It was the B, and I'm sure it wasn't, does it really matter. It was still more than the $19. Considering that they charge around $70-90 for their current airframes I don't see an issue with the price for the Q frame. I guess if you don't like it don't buy it. I hear a lot of complaining from people that know nothing more than the videos have shown. Were not even sure if QQ even knows what the airframe only consists of. He is the designer not marketer.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kuczy; May 21, 2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old May 21, 2011, 02:03 AM
OCRCC @ MCAS El Toro
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined May 2008
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post

Yeah, but foam floats!
SamBones is offline Find More Posts by SamBones
Old May 21, 2011, 06:13 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
hi, I'm new to this thread. i'm looking forward to getting this plane.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97