SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 12, 2011, 06:19 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Very true, Rick
If we ask him really nicely, maybe Gary at Custom RC Parts will even work out a mount for the Stryker-Q (assuming his current mounts won't fit)
Those mounts have transformed the Stryker C.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2011, 07:50 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners View Post
Just finished the ClearView version of the F-27Q Stryker.

Have fun!

-- ggunners
Alright whos got one for realflight...
I need this plane so bad even a virtual one will be fine.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old May 13, 2011, 04:45 PM
Minneapolis Mn
Joined Jan 2003
898 Posts
Just saw this - looks like it will be a great weekend afterall -

Thanks for putting it on Clearview

Jim Klein
jimklein is offline Find More Posts by jimklein
Old May 13, 2011, 05:19 PM
JoelRSails
Houston, TX
Joined Jul 2004
108 Posts
Has anyone gotten the simulator version to do high-alpha maneuvers (including the vertical landing from the video)? I am struggling to perform them in ClearView...maybe I just need some instructions...
JoelRSails is offline Find More Posts by JoelRSails
Old May 13, 2011, 05:45 PM
Minneapolis Mn
Joined Jan 2003
898 Posts
I just tried mine and wonder if the rudders are really that effective... would be really nice but I doubt the real model can do both upper and lower knife-edge loops.

we'll see...
Old May 13, 2011, 06:29 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimklein View Post
I just tried mine and wonder if the rudders are really that effective... would be really nice but I doubt the real model can do both upper and lower knife-edge loops.

we'll see...
I saw it at SEFF . . .

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old May 13, 2011, 06:36 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
I did too..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old May 13, 2011, 08:13 PM
Minneapolis Mn
Joined Jan 2003
898 Posts
Color me happy then. I'm getting one.
Old May 14, 2011, 01:33 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,746 Posts
I am watching the clock... My 2 Strykers are on preorder.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old May 14, 2011, 01:45 PM
London, UK
Joined Mar 2010
249 Posts
im looking at my next plane, stepping up from my T28D.
i was thinking possibly the new stryker or the Habu.
which ones would you guys recommend and why
vygec is offline Find More Posts by vygec
Old May 14, 2011, 03:26 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,861 Posts
The stock motor for the F27Q has been run on 4S in the trials.

I believe it comes with 40A ESC, and
......maybe the ESC is good for 6S max (Not too sure if I heard the ESC's max voltage capability correctly, didn't want to ask)

My source: I'm not telling.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old May 14, 2011, 10:41 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
3,744 Posts
I put my PNP model on order today. LHS said they may be here by the 20th.
bigmoebbq is online now Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old May 14, 2011, 11:36 PM
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vygec View Post
Striker, without a doubt will be easier to step up to, I have a habu and corsair(no T-28), have flown strikers a good bit. A striker has some of the tendencies of a jet, mostly that the control gets a little sluggish as airspeed slows being there is no propwash over the controls. The biggest difference is thrust, and maintaining speed, the striker can maintain speed very easily, and can accelerate vertically, if you need to power out of trouble, even straight up there is plenty of throttle on tap. The habu can't pull as hard, speed builds slowly and most of your time is spent managing airspeed losses through manuvers and climbs, go to slow and it will stall, all you can do is hang on, and hope you have enough altitude to recover as you have no control of the plane till it does. The striker has control from a very slow speed, and stalls gently, but is about as fast as the Habu top end, it has more responsive controls, and holds up better in a mild crash.

The Habu stalls abruptly, and when it does, you have no control at all till it noses down, and picks up speed, which takes a bit of time and altitude. The surfaces are relatively small, so you have little control at slower speeds, but blistering fast rolls and somewhat twitchy elevator at higher speed. Both are capable of basic aerobatics, knife edge(at least on the new striker), loops, rolls, and some stall manuvers like hammerheads and stall spins, but the Habu loses precious airspeed quickly with larger control inputs or tight turns, and takes longer to pick up speed again, if speed isn't maintained, it will stall, it also can't turn, roll or loops as tight as the striker. The Habu rolls off the ground well, and isn't that bad to land provided you have a lot of room, and stay above stall speed, but it will coast at moderate speed for quite a ways, the striker can bleed off speed a bit easier and safer being it has mider stall characteristics and a lower stall speed, and then land easier, hand launches are easy with it.

The Habu can coast for hundreds of yards at 40-50MPH after power is shut off, but with just a bump of the elevator or rudder, it will slow quickly, and needs throttle to stay in the air, so it may take a few approaches before you can land it at a modest speed. The Habu also can be a handful to hand launch, taking the gear off will increase top speed from mid 70s to low 90s, but there is little to grab onto, and it has little if any control till it gets some time to build speed, it also can have a nasty torque roll, and too much throttle with a toss not perfectly straight and at the right angle will roll it into the dirt. There have been many people that get a single 4 second flight and epic crash from their Habu because of these charachteristics.

The Striker will help you step up from a 4ch trainer like the T-28, it will help you learn more advanced manuvers, and control at higher speeds, orientaion can be tougher on a wing compared to a jet, or any plane with a tail, but it gets easier with experience. The habu would be a leap in skill, much less forgiving, more expensive both in cost, and in pricey 4 cell batteries, but jets can be a lot of fun, and the Habu is relatively easy to fly. I would go for the striker first, it is the more versatile aircraft, and can fly a wider envelope of speeds, conditions and manuvers, then if you want to try something different and expand your skills, go for the Habu later on.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
Last edited by alucard0822; May 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old May 15, 2011, 09:41 AM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vygec View Post

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1392619
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old May 15, 2011, 04:30 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,154 Posts
Stryker
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29