HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:22 PM
lawndart aerobatic ace!
Joplin, Misery
Joined Mar 2007
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Nice..To bad they charge 30 Bucks for shipping too Canada...
So 40ish for 2 Props...lol

I don't think so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
yah or else you and I'd be ordering some lol

shipping fees suck
Have you called them? I called them because they only listed UPS for shipping options and he told me he would have us postal priority added to the website within the next month. He said he could ship priority but you would have to call the order in.
gr8taz nitro is offline Find More Posts by gr8taz nitro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:32 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,878 Posts
pkaY cool

good to know

i'll fire off an email

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8taz nitro View Post
Have you called them? I called them because they only listed UPS for shipping options and he told me he would have us postal priority added to the website within the next month. He said he could ship priority but you would have to call the order in.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:37 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,878 Posts
so I just finished cutting down a TGS Sport 7x5E Precision propeller form Hobbyking

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7941

I cut it down to just under 6" balanced

I took it outside just to see how it would react on the Q with stock lipo.

Powered it up and instantly noticed a thrust difference - the plane would likely take off vertically.

Haven't flown yet BUT will probably try tomorrow night.

Not sure how many amps it'll draw - I flew same prop last night stock and it was hungry. i'm hoping it'll be less hungry with 1" cut off, BUT it has wide paddles so who knows.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:42 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
so what is the consensus on hs-85mg servos... do we need them all the way around? I was thinking that they should only be needed on the elevons since they probably work the hardest and more frequently. BUT, I know that I have read of a few people losing their rudder servo too. Is there a favorite place to order 85's online? I always ask on the forums before ordering things like servos because once I paid $29 for a servo that I found about 5 minutes later for $18! Yuck.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:51 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
the plane would likely take off vertically
LOL, that just made me think.... Instead of using a catapult to launch, has anybody ever used a straight up launcher with any Stryker version? I have the C and the Q, and somehow, I think it could be possible, so somebody may have been crazy enough to try it already? 4 straight poles, about 8 ft long (or longer) standing straight up. Only problem would be the fact that you would have to lean it on it's side to slide the Stryker in it, but the theory is, once it's 8 ft above ground on it's own power, even it would not be fast yet, it would probably have enough power to keep going relatively straight... Yes? No?

OK, the name is Gambler!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:53 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,878 Posts
lol

i might try mine by holding it off the ground about 5-6 feet and let go
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:59 PM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
409 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Nice..To bad they charge 30 Bucks for shipping too Canada...
So 40ish for 2 Props...lol

I don't think so...
Quote:
yah or else you and I'd be ordering some lol

shipping fees suck
I just get thing shipped to a mail box company in Point Roberts,WA that's about 1/2hr away from my house near Vancouver. I don't know how close you guys are to the border but this may be another option for you guys too
Mach3 is offline Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:03 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
LOL, that just made me think.... Instead of using a catapult to launch, has anybody ever used a straight up launcher with any Stryker version? I have the C and the Q, and somehow, I think it could be possible, so somebody may have been crazy enough to try it already? 4 straight poles, about 8 ft long (or longer) standing straight up. Only problem would be the fact that you would have to lean it on it's side to slide the Stryker in it, but the theory is, once it's 8 ft above ground on it's own power, even it would not be fast yet, it would probably have enough power to keep going relatively straight... Yes? No?

OK, the name is Gambler!
i have a stryker c that i have a lot of power in,i just throw it straight up and it goes like stink verticle.on another note i built a light stryker c body and put rudders on it.the thing is crazy and will outspin the q easy.got enough rudder to be cruising and shut off throttle and make a left turn,is awesome
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:04 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,722 Posts
Quote:
I don't have and first hand so I can't answer that yet, but I'll have some information hopefully by friday. I know the 6x6 should be noticeably better than the stock plastic prop that comes with the Q. I'm running with a 4 cell setup so I'll have to see if the 6.5x6.5 is too much. It may not matter with temps here locally hitting triple digits with heat index's over 105, It may have to wait a while for the weather to cool off.
Thanks nitro, I ordered both the 6x6 and 6.5x6.5, guess I'll see as well?! Sorry 'bout those shipping fees Eastcoast & Razor, that's a bummer, I'm never even close to passing by either of you, other wise I'd pick 'em up for you and toss 'em out the window for you to have
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:29 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
Thanks nitro, I ordered both the 6x6 and 6.5x6.5, guess I'll see as well?! Sorry 'bout those shipping fees Eastcoast & Razor, that's a bummer, I'm never even close to passing by either of you, other wise I'd pick 'em up for you and toss 'em out the window for you to have
Ha thanks!!
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2011, 01:14 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
so what is the consensus on hs-85mg servos... do we need them all the way around? I was thinking that they should only be needed on the elevons since they probably work the hardest and more frequently. BUT, I know that I have read of a few people losing their rudder servo too. Is there a favorite place to order 85's online? I always ask on the forums before ordering things like servos because once I paid $29 for a servo that I found about 5 minutes later for $18! Yuck.
I'm going to put 85's or 5085's in mine. I love the plane too much not to. I've already had an elevon and rudder strip. It's just a matter of time before they go.

I have HS-65HB's on the ailerons right now and they're working fine, but as soon as I can I'm getting the bigger servos all around.

I'd rather spend the money on the servos and know that the Q is bullet proof than keep flying it on the stockers and have another one fail or fail in the air .
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:31 AM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Murdnunoc,

Your inrunner order was placed last night. 16/25/2CQ

The Q option from MEGA:
Wires will come out of side of case next to front shield (has the bolt pattern).
Bolt pattern will stay 16X19.
Output shaft will come out of rear shield.
4 pins will be added to front shield (through case).
I supposed all 7 holes in rear shield will stay open (since wires are relocated).

It appears that the "Q" will be a no cost option...we'll know soon.
Build will not start before the end of this week.
He thinks it is a quick build, but I gave him till mid August before shipping to cover unforeseen issues if any.

Owner of MEGA agreed to let the first batch of orders following Murdo's motor (above) to be at dealer price. He will wait till I send him a list of motors and who they are for. I saved the PMs and emails.

Gryphon
This is awesome news!

A high performance inrunner that will bolt straight up to the Stryker Q when using the simple Custom RC Parts upgrade CNC motor mount.

I understand Gary of Custom RC can also work up a mount that will fit the 16x19mm bolt pattern of most inrunners and many outrunner motors.
That will open up many options for us wanting to upgrade.

I have my new bare Q airframe on the workbench and have been staring at it for a week. It'll be ready for the new Mega Q motor.

We've modified the order to make the motor a Mega 16/25/2ECQ.
The "E" option with its larger magnets will lower the KV a little to allow for larger props and better efficiency.
At 2300kv, this will allow huge performance on strong 4S with 6"-6.5" props.
A 6x6 prop at 28,000RPM gets a pitch speed of 160mph!
If the Q runs 85% of pitch speed (very possible) that's 135MPH no-wind, level airspeed!!!
On a very efficient level of power.

OOH, I just got myself all excited! Can't wait!!
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Last edited by murdnunoc; Jul 19, 2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:48 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I finally got it! I got my q to do the inverted spin pretty fast! It looked really cool. Except on my third spinning attempt, I waited too long to pull out and hit the ground, but luckily it was going slow and landed just barely on the nose and mostly on the belly. Minor nose damage is all. My friend was there with his funjet ultra. Man that thing hauls. Definitely faster then a stock q
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:04 AM
always looking for clouds
Joined Aug 2010
423 Posts
got my Q to an inverted spin.......its soooo slow! how can i speed it up? it is on high throws!

i can get it into a high alpha inverted and its nice and stable but cant do it low as theres not enough power to climb out!
high alpha the correct way up it just wobbles like a mad one. the b was more stable at high alpha.

what am i doing wrong? what have i not setup correctly?

someone help. i need more fun from this fast ship but ive hit a wall.
socommk23 is offline Find More Posts by socommk23
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:14 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23 View Post
got my Q to an inverted spin.......its soooo slow! how can i speed it up? it is on high throws!

what am i doing wrong? what have i not setup correctly?

someone help. i need more fun from this fast ship but ive hit a wall.
Just read above; it has been explained several times how to do the "boomerang spins"
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK